Sponsored

whipple gates belt instal

Sheff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Im having a pretty hard time getting this belt on i know quite a few of you have installed a whipple kit any suggestions or tips. Iv been trying to get the water pump pulley last but even that is really really tight.
Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So I just did this install over the past weekend. I'd set the idler pulley to its middle position or slightly more on the right side. Then start looping the belt through (I started from the bottom, and worked up to the supercharger pulley). Put a ratchet, preferably a long breaker bar on the tensioner and move it to the right to give you enough slack to loop it around the final pulley. When you release the tensioner, it should not bottom out, or hold at its max position.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
You should be sliding it over a smooth pulley that isn't ribbed last
Makes sense. It's just that since my tensioner was set to about 60% - 70% of its travel, I had plenty of slack to easily get it over that top ribbed pulley.

Common sense would say do it Werty's way, OP.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I put a half inch breaker bar on the tensioner and rotate it clockwise as far as it will go and hold it there, and there is endless slack to get the belt on at this point regardless of the manual tensioner position.

Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, there is tons of slack, but when you relax the breaker bar, you don't want the tensioner to bottom out or stay locked at its max clockwise position. That's why I mentioned the adjustable idler pulley. It kind of sets the tensioner's limits while the belt is on.

But, yeah I did it the same way as you, phunk, and there was tons of slack to get it onto a ribbed pulley.

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
orange 5.0 exhaust and intake
So what's proper belt adjustment I get belt squeak when I blow the tires down ... Also wondering if I should try a smaller belt

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the tensioner almost maxed out guess I'm wondering if it's better to have it in the middle and the lower pulley adjusted more

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
What's the point of changing to this belt? Have a Whipple coming soon. That's why I ask.

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because I bleave its not tight enough
Sponsored