Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes - a Frankenstein catback :)

It's got a nice deep warble at idle/low revs...

Sometimes I wish it was a bit deeper higher in the rev range - something that some of the others seem to have (Magnaflow comes to mind), and "rasp" is a bit subjective - personally I would say it goes a little raspy when there's a downshift and big jump in revs, but not as grating as "rasp" if that makes sense? :)
... well I guess we don't have to look at these things under the car, lol, as long as they SOUND like what we're looking for.

Could that rasp you're talking about be the X-pipe rather than the mufflers?
Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Thanks Phil. JBAs don't seem to get the coverage that the other big brands get. Do a Google search and they just don't seem to come up with vids and comments. Not sure why. Thanks for your feedback - that's good to know.
Yes I did a bit of research on them. I actually had both the Roush AB's and the JBA's to choose from in the workshop. I spoke to Mustang Motorsport because they could choose anything they like to fit to their Targa racing mustang and they fitted the JBA's. They thought it was the best deep V8 sound. That did it for me and I've never looked back.

Every time I'm in a carpark or similar someone always comes up tells me how great the car sounds. One guy in an M4 asked what pipes I had put on it as he thought it sounded spectacular and wished his M4 sounded as good. Unfortunately for him the turbo 6 in the new M4 sounds absolutely crap. The previous V8 M3 sounded great (I had one for 4 years) but not as good as this Stang! I just wish the Stang handled as well as that M3 - that would be Nirvana:thumbsup:

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes I did a bit of research on them. I actually had both the Roush AB's and the JBA's to choose from in the workshop. I spoke to Mustang Motorsport because they could choose anything they like to fit to their Targa racing mustang and they fitted the JBA's. They thought it was the best deep V8 sound. That did it for me and I've never looked back.

Every time I'm in a carpark or similar someone always comes up tells me how great the car sounds. One guy in an M4 asked what pipes I had put on it as he thought it sounded spectacular and wished his M4 sounded as good. Unfortunately for him the turbo 6 in the new M4 sounds absolutely crap. The previous V8 M3 sounded great (I had one for 4 years) but not as good as this Stang! I just wish the Stang handled as well as that M3 - that would be Nirvana:thumbsup:
Thanks that's great. Sounds just what I'm wanting to hear!

Yes, the Mustang is a little slippery in the wet! I'm sure we've all discovered that, but hopefully not in the wrong place/time.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That h-pipe is gorgeous. Should post up the pic for people to see it!
Sure mate! Here are some pics

This is the h-pipe freshly made
19143325_10155333611718638_2307591490146826393_o.jpg

This was before with the xpipe
20170617_082751.jpg

This is after with the h-pipe
20170617_102816.jpg

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Just wondering what you guys have done with your stock exhausts after fitting a cat back system?

I'm thinking of keeping mine and having the front resonator cut off just to make it a bit more easy to handle. Then wrap up the ends and store it.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Spent the afternoon yesterday taking the Magnaflow off and putting it back on again because the passenger side pipe was touching the sway bar and rattling at low revs. Managed to get a bit more clearance, but not as much as I'd like. It seems asymmetric with more clearance on the drivers side. Rattle seems to be gone though so fingers crossed.

First highway trip for extended periods and I learnt that you have to pick your gear properly to avoid drone. I must be getting old because part of me is tempted to put the stock exhaust back on.

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
Just wondering what you guys have done with your stock exhausts after fitting a cat back system?

I'm thinking of keeping mine and having the front resonator cut off just to make it a bit more easy to handle. Then wrap up the ends and store it.
My stock exhaust is stored in the garage, was told by the installer to retain it in case it was required for a road worthy.

Sponsored

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Spent the afternoon yesterday taking the Magnaflow off and putting it back on again because the passenger side pipe was touching the sway bar and rattling at low revs. Managed to get a bit more clearance, but not as much as I'd like. It seems asymmetric with more clearance on the drivers side. Rattle seems to be gone though so fingers crossed.

First highway trip for extended periods and I learnt that you have to pick your gear properly to avoid drone. I must be getting old because part of me is tempted to put the stock exhaust back on.
They don't take up much space leaning against a wall with a strap holding it in place. I will keep everything I take off the car and my grandkids can sell it to some collector in 50 years time.

Simon728

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I Just Had My Borla s type installed today, love the growl of the note especially in sports mode on the downshift. Many thanks to Fred at Suspension parts online who stocks all Borla exhausts. Great guy to deal with and very knowledgeable.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Anyone fitted the Ford Racing sport exhaust? I really like the sound of it based on youtube, more of an exotic raspy sound which doesn't bother me with a V8.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Well, I had the AWE Touring Cat Back fitted this morning.

All I can say is it completely transforms the sound of the car! Has some real bark to it and settles down to a nice burble. But when you get up it, it is loud.

Will have to be a bit careful leaving the house for early Sunday morning drives with a cold start. This is not the sort of system to have if you live in an apartment block.

I have a couple of videos but couldn't save them to my expansion drive in order to get them on Photobucket, they are .MOV files - will see if I can sort something out in the next day or so.

Great job done by Wayne at Penrith Extreme Exhaust - even cut the original system into 3 pieces to make it easy to re-install should the need arise.

Very happy with the result, no drone on the M4 at 110kmh.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Well, I had the AWE Touring Cat Back fitted this morning.

Did you fit the "Switchpath" active version or the "Touring"
Sponsored