LineLock enable in Sync 3

FA66ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is where my problem is.? I have the OBD link MX andForscan, i have access with my car, I can call up both the ABS and IPC modules but the Line Lock option does not appear in these..? Is it under another title.? I have searched all the modules but no description on this..? Any thoughts on this .??
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zepboy

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Hmmm, that's very odd. Why a OBDlink MX you should be fine. If you cant see the options in either ABS or IPC that's very odd. In fact, in ABS, that's the ONLY option you should see.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
my question is how to enable line lock in sync 2.

Thanks
We are talking about activating it since AU cars don't get linelock as standard so that video is pointless
Thank you for you're polite response, but the poster asked how to enable it in sync 2..... not how to activate it....

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Semantics since it needs to be enabled/activated at the pcm level before it's available on the dash display

FA66ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok, so here is the process I follow... once connected to vehicle with Forscan, I open up Table to view PID's in table mode, I then select ABS module and open.. then There are in fact many options to select but none are to do with Line Lock..? Same goes for the IPC module..?? It is odd..??

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Semantics since it needs to be enabled/activated at the pcm level before it's available on the dash display
Whatever..... I was trying to be helpful. So apologies for putting up a pointless video.... now removed

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Whatever..... I was trying to be helpful. So apologies for putting up a pointless video.... now removed
Being you are from the UK you probably don't know that AU models have linelock disabled from the factory and you need to enable it first via forscan before you can access it via the track apps sub menu.

So it requires some knowledge on how to use it and a OBD reader to do so, the actual use of it once it's enabled is simple and straightforward to use.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
once it's enabled is simple and straightforward to use.
There were a few folk on the UK forum (including myself on the first attempt) that couldn't quite get it to work, hence the video.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Ok, so here is the process I follow... once connected to vehicle with Forscan, I open up Table to view PID's in table mode, I then select ABS module and open.. then There are in fact many options to select but none are to do with Line Lock..? Same goes for the IPC module..?? It is odd..??
Providing you have a MX OBD reader or something along those lines you plug in your reader, turn the car on acc mode (which is hit the start button without clutch in or brake pedal in) open up forscan (make sure you have the extended license which is free) hit the connect button and let it do its thing.

Once its all connected and done its scan go to the module tab, select ABS (not ABS As built) and line lock will be in there, click on it and hit enable then hit write. Once written it will ask you to cycle the ignition.

Then go to IPC (not IPC as built) select line lock then hit enable, hit write and then cycle the ignition when prompted it.

Disconnect the module then forscan, turn the car off wait a few seconds then turn the motor on. It should be active then. Remember the car needs to be in track mode to use it other wise you will get a service error message. Easy enough to do if you want step by step screencaps let me know and ill post them up in the next few days.

Also make sure you have the latest copy of forscan and get the extended license (which is free and available via registering on the forum)

TasiRedPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Providing you have a MX OBD reader or something along those lines you plug in your reader, turn the car on acc mode (which is hit the start button without clutch in or brake pedal in) open up forscan (make sure you have the extended license which is free) hit the connect button and let it do its thing.

Once its all connected and done its scan go to the module tab, select ABS (not ABS As built) and line lock will be in there, click on it and hit enable then hit write. Once written it will ask you to cycle the ignition.

Then go to IPC (not IPC as built) select line lock then hit enable, hit write and then cycle the ignition when prompted it.

Disconnect the module then forscan, turn the car off wait a few seconds then turn the motor on. It should be active then. Remember the car needs to be in track mode to use it other wise you will get a service error message. Easy enough to do if you want step by step screencaps let me know and ill post them up in the next few days.

Also make sure you have the latest copy of forscan and get the extended license (which is free and available via registering on the forum)
Thank you so much. Got it done using your above post.

Reactions: PKs

Moobly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, Lucid Red A10 Magnaride
I have read I can't enable LL (and presumably LC) in the 2021 is that correct?
Sponsored