Sponsored

Pedders Extreme XA Coilover Kit

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
I am looking at pedders coilover kit for my 2015 gt . I was wondering if any of you guys could give me some feedback. The kit looks good n the price is great . Thanks in advance for any help you may give in my decision .

Sponsored

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
I think there has been a thread on these ?

I'm interested in what responses you get - I always say you pretty much get what you pay for.

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
OP
OP
maddawg57

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your reply Ray . I read the thread , have you found a solution to the reoccurring noise ? Would you recommend this kit to someone or would i be better off spending more for for a better kit. Thanks

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Since I installed these myself, was all good for a few thousand Ks, then start to get some noise. Just need to tighten a few things, like the bushing nuts, lock rings etc.

I have set the front to 3/4 to soft, rear 3/4 to hard. Completely transforms the car. Greatly reduces body roll. Spring rate is good, damps bounces fast, so u do not get excess bounces. Car become more stable and more predictable. But need to slow down more for speed traps and port holes.

Corners much better, on smooth roads, you can change front towards hard too, will get even more precise turning. Inspires more confidence when driving.

In short this S550 Mustang's stock suspension has to be changed if you want to improve the handling a bit. Any coilovers will be better than stock imo.

Comparing to more expensive ones, lets say KW V3, Pedders have better ride quality on the street.

Comparing to shockworks, shockworks are better, all around, but doubles the price.

I reckon this is 75% performance + quality of shockworks at 50% price. So this has a better Value to Price ratio.

Sponsored

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Just a note - on all accounts the Pedders Coilovers are rebranded BC Racing Coilovers, which can be purchased MUCH cheaper than what Pedders are charging.

I have the BC Coilovers and would recommend them. At the price you can't go wrong. I haven't had the opportunity to compare to Pedders Coilovers to confirm the claims that they are the same.

Bestia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Race Red Mustang
These Pedders or Bc's seem pretty good performance and cost wise from all reports and reviews

just on the earlier comment of KW V3 being harsh, call me biased but my previous ride had these on and they were similar to European stock feeling very lush - but firm when you wanted them to be going around corners etc yet not to harsh or uncomfortable over rough roads or speed humps - the car really felt more grounded and gave me more confidence, it completely changed the handling characteristics of the car - i think the KW V1 or 2 - are really harsh, but when you go up to V3 or Clubsport level it really depends as to how they are set up

after driving my car around the last few weeks, ive really started noticing the stock suspension in these cars isnt the greatest and the Kw v3's will be my first real mod besides my exhaust that ill be putting on ASAP

Last edited:

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Really

I think I paid 1.5k for mine.

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Really

I think I paid 1.5k for mine.
$1.5k for the Pedders is well under their retail price I believe? Retail pricing is around $1900? Retail on the BC Coilovers is $1400, so very similar to what you paid.

OP
OP
maddawg57

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$1.5k for the Pedders is well under their retail price I believe? Retail pricing is around $1900? Retail on the BC Coilovers is $1400, so very similar to what you paid.
Here in the states I can get it for 995 to 1076 with free shipping

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Here in the states I can get it for 995 to 1076 with free shipping
I think the guys are talking Australian dollars - not US$
Sponsored