Sponsored

Mustang or M240i

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
After driving it and looking more into the maintenance cost of the BMW I have decided against it. The whole status and paying more for the badge is dumb. I want the best performing RWD coupe for the money. I decided I will just drive my 2016 less and lay off the track until the 2018 comes out and I can test drive the A10.

The camaro is a hell of a car but personal preference on look I can't buy one. I would rather a 2014 corvette coming off lease or slightly used.
I was looking hard at used BMW's and Merc's as the used prices are so low. But the maintenance costs can be insane.

I was set on the Camaro 2SS but my kids are too tall for the back seat. And the visibility is an issue if the kinds want to drive it.

The Mustang is a sweet ride. It's a bit less $ for the same trim level as the Camaro and although faster than the 'Stang, it's not that much faster for street driving.

The Mustang is a sweetspot car - excellent value for a V8 sports/muscle car. Livable to drive in and to maintain.

I don't care about badges. Ford is a solid brand. Ego just costs $$$
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
My brother did Euro delivery of his M240i, which we then drove on the Nurburgring. I was a BMW fan boy until I got the GT350R. Against a standard GT I'd prefer the M240i. Against a GT350 I'd take the GT350. You have to realize much of this is personal preferences that can't be determined by opinions on an internet forum. Both of them are excellent cars and it'll come down to which is more appealing to you. They have different feels, and driving each one may be enough to let you decide.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
Yeah I agree the badge isn't everything, I actually get more attention and compliments in my Mustang than my previous two BMWs. Plus the Mustang has something that most BMWs don't have and that's heritage. I just can't stand the steering feedback on the newer models, the car feels so artificial and numb to the point where it's not fun to drive anymore.

I think on the compliment thing, some of that is culture. BMW owners are known to not be 'knowledgeable car guys' but rich people who can afford the car. However Mustang owners are more typically car nuts. I almost never ever compliment bmw/mercedes owners just because of who those people typically are -- not car buffs. You never see a GT350 being driven like Grandma all over the place but I see AMGs, M cars, etc. often driven so slow.

So I like a lot of BMWs/Mercs, but I just say nothing. With a Mustang at a gas station it feels a lot more natural to start a conversation.

After driving it and looking more into the maintenance cost of the BMW I have decided against it. The whole status and paying more for the badge is dumb. I want the best performing RWD coupe for the money.
I think there are BMWs worth the maintenance, it's not just a badge tax. Drive an E92 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3, E46 M3, etc. they are unique, awesome cars. The new BMWs? Not so much. They look cool but they've lost the old feedback and "BMWness"

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
When I read the title of this thread I thought I was going to witness a mustang get shredded by an actual FN M240L.... I thought the i was a lower case L.

So yeah, carry on. What evs

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Как избавиться от скола на лобовом стекле? Glass Profi Набор для устранения сколов и трещин с лобового стекла Набор предназначен для самостоятельного устранения сколов и трещин на стекле. Устраняет повреждения и останавливает развитие трещин. Время схватывания и затвердевания не заставит долго ждать. Восстанавливает прозрачность и оптические свойства стекла. УЗНАТЬ ПОДРОБНЕЕ скол на лобовом стекле заделать скол на лобовом стекле екатеринбург сколько стоит лобовое стекло 2115 скол на лобовом стекле 3 сезон скол на лобовом стекле днепропетровск ремонт сколов на лобовом стекле ясенево скол на лобовом стекле является ли страховым случаем скол на лобовом стекле техосмотр 2015 беларусь
Mods, Can we ban the russian spam bot?:paddle::ban:

25 Identical posts selling the same window repair garbage

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Not going to lie, a modestly tuned (Ford Performance) EB mustang, with an A10 w/MagneRide is going to be a beast in the wild. A strait up no nonsense & competent fun car.

With the new A10, the EB torque curve can be used like you've never seen. 10 gears to keep that engine at it peak torque band, etc.. & when you ask for it.

IMO, a fully loaded EB Mustang will outclass a BMW M240i.
You are drinking the ford cool aid and it is spiked. I had a fbo 335i and it was as fast as my tuned gt with headers. Bmw 300hp is way more than ford's 300hp. My bet is a burger tuned 325 will beat a tuned ecoboom. Tuned BMW I4's are not poppong at near the rate he ecoboost engines are either. The bmw auto is as good as it gets, 10x better than what's in my 15gt. Hopefully the 18 gets this corrected. All this said, I would never own a BMW out of warranty. The only reason I went with the Mustang is price. BMW makes the better car, but the cost hike is not worth it. Kudos to ford for giving us a performance bargain. I was dead set on driving a ss1le camaro but holy cow they are having engine issues with their v8's

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You are drinking the ford cool aid and it is spiked. I had a fbo 335i and it was as fast as my tuned gt with headers. Bmw 300hp is way more than ford's 300hp. My bet is a burger tuned 325 will beat a tuned ecoboom. Tuned BMW I4's are not poppong at near the rate he ecoboost engines are either. The bmw auto is as good as it gets, 10x better than what's in my 15gt. Hopefully the 18 gets this corrected. All this said, I would never own a BMW out of warranty. The only reason I went with the Mustang is price. BMW makes the better car, but the cost hike is not worth it. Kudos to ford for giving us a performance bargain. I was dead set on driving a ss1le camaro but holy cow they are having engine issues with their v8's
Everyone knows that BMW under rates their turbo cars 335-M4-M5, you name it.

I agree on the warranty part which is why I ditched my E90 M3 for a 2016 GT, which I absolutely love. It needs some lowering springs but it's already quite the performer in stock trim. GT350s are no joke on track to a much bigger degree.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Not going to lie, a modestly tuned (Ford Performance) EB mustang, with an A10 w/MagneRide is going to be a beast in the wild. A strait up no nonsense & competent fun car.

With the new A10, the EB torque curve can be used like you've never seen. 10 gears to keep that engine at it peak torque band, etc.. & when you ask for it.

IMO, a fully loaded EB Mustang will outclass a BMW M240i.

Not even remotely true. The price points are different, but the interior is better class. The driving dynamics are far better. The engine is underrated, and more efficient than the EB.

Don't get me wrong, the Mustang is a good car and hell of a value, but not the end all be all in driving.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Not even remotely true. The price points are different, but the interior is better class. The driving dynamics are far better. The engine is underrated, and more efficient than the EB.

Don't get me wrong, the Mustang is a good car and hell of a value, but not the end all be all in driving.

Sorry, but you are still wearing BMW marketing glasses.

Some simple truths. The Ford Mustang is offered with MagneRide, which is far superior to BMW's M suspension. BMW's dynamics are gone, they use electronic steering, and e-nannies on everything. The M240 doesn't even have a real differential, or A10/6-manual like the Mustang.

The Ecoboost 2.3 Mustang is also underrated, & has better efficiencies than BMW's twinscroll inline-6. Engine of the year bro.. and it's soon to get dual-injection like the V8.

Interiors are a wash, BMW is upscale and the Mustang's is simple and clean.

The 2018 Mustang is a better car, than anything 2-series.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Base 3 series do not use much better interior materials than a Mustang.

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Sorry, but you are still wearing BMW marketing glasses.

Some simple truths. The Ford Mustang is offered with MagneRide, which is far superior to BMW's M suspension. BMW's dynamics are gone, they use electronic steering, and e-nannies on everything. The M240 doesn't even have a real differential, or A10/6-manual like the Mustang.

The Ecoboost 2.3 Mustang is also underrated, & has better efficiencies than BMW's twinscroll inline-6. Engine of the year bro.. and it's soon to get dual-injection like the V8.

Interiors are a wash, BMW is upscale and the Mustang's is simple and clean.

The 2018 Mustang is a better car, than anything 2-series.
ok now you are just trolling. You are typing things you know are not true! A BMW 240 out classes and ecoboom mustang by miles, they are much closer to to GT than they are the EB. Their interior is also nicer, this coming from a Mustang owner who sat in an 18 mustang gt 2 weeks ago.
Base 328s with a mild tune will run 0-60 in under 5 seconds and get well over 30mpg. The EB 2.3 is a fine engine for a small car but it is overworked In a car that weighs 3600lbs. This is why thy pop at an alarming rate when tuned. Ford really should have went with a 2.7 at minimum.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
ok now you are just trolling. You are typing things you know are not true! A BMW 240 out classes and ecoboom mustang by miles, they are much closer to to GT than they are the EB. Their interior is also nicer, this coming from a Mustang owner who sat in an 18 mustang gt 2 weeks ago.
Base 328s with a mild tune will run 0-60 in under 5 seconds and get well over 30mpg. The EB 2.3 is a fine engine for a small car but it is overworked In a car that weighs 3600lbs. This is why thy pop at an alarming rate when tuned. Ford really should have went with a 2.7 at minimum.
Base 328 interiors are nothing to write home about when you look at the materials themselves rather than become biased by the more "artsy" shapes and design of the dash vs the basic simple design of a mustang -a throwback layout from the 60s. Both the Stang and 328 have a ton of cheap plastic and vinyl. My M3 had much nicer and softer nappa leather but the vinyl dash was as cheap as my Mustang.

I've owned a lot of bimmers and to be frank, most are elitists who drink way too much of the coolaid. Just because a plastic trim piece costs 4X as much than a Mustangs does not mean that piece of plastic is 4X better. Some of it has to do with the design but raw material costs, no way. I still like them but bimmers aren't the greatest thing in the world and they've lost their way. Mercedes has now caught up to them in many aspects and offer badass cars that BMW just doesn't do anymore. Kind of sad times for a BMW enthusiast.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Bro, I have owned BMWs all my life.

I just got ride of my 135is w/PPK2 and monster torque. I held on to it after test driving everything, because it was the last of the BMW cars to have hydraulic steering. The feedback and response were insane. The M240i is not as good as a car I drove & is essentially meh. And the M2 I had on order was let go, because BMW's suspension is not as good as MagneRide, or the GT350. The 2-Series interior are no more better materials than the 2018 Mustang, don't kid urself.

Secondly, Ford's 2.3 liter Ecoboost has higher efficiencies than BMW's 2.9 liter inline-6(See Focus RS) . And Ford's twinscroll (ie: EB technology) is better than BMW's design. Specially Ford's new 2.9 liter EB with dual-injection.

Lastly, I agree that BMW use to be all the things you are claiming, not anymore. There is no soul left in BMW. The BMW M-Division is over hyped now, almost a joke in racing.

Ford Performance Racing...! :ford:

Carbon Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
OP if you have money then test drive the M2 or M240i and if you like it get one. If you absolutely love V8's then wait for the 2018 GT to come out. Look at the reviews for the Raptor 10 speed, none complain about the transmission so likely it will be okay in the Mustang. It still won't be as good as the M-DCT in the M2.

The 2-Series interior are no more better materials than the 2018 Mustang, don't kid urself.

Secondly, Ford's 2.3 liter Ecoboost has higher efficiencies than BMW's 2.9 liter inline-6(See Focus RS) . And Ford's twinscroll (ie: EB technology) is better than BMW's design. Specially Ford's new 2.9 liter EB with dual-injection.
tenor.gif
Sponsored