Sponsored

Improve 0-100 kmph ?

Arsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB Base 2016 Mustang
Hi everyone ,
I just wanted to get input regarding how can I improve my 0-100 kmph . Most of the times that I have seen posted on this website are 0-60 mph and with 3.15 with automatic transmission.
Here is the set up of car
275 rear tire
Muffler delete
3.55 gears
Manual transmission
Quarter tank
87 gas

Did few runs for 0-100 and the best I got was 6.5 for 100 kmph and 2.3 for 50 kmph. I think I can do 6.4 with perfect 1-2 shift The car is stock , no tune or anything . I launch around 2200 -2500 with little spin . I tried changing it to 0-60 mph hoping it could reach 60 miles in second gear but didn't happen.
So lastly I wanted to know how much difference would it make with shifting into 3rd gear to reach 100 kmph.
Just wanted to get an idea how much more time I can shave off before I decided to tune it.
Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Hi everyone ,
I just wanted to get input regarding how can I improve my 0-100 kmph . Most of the times that I have seen posted on this website are 0-60 mph and with 3.15 with automatic transmission.
275 rear tire
Muffler delete
3.55 gears
Manual transmission
Quarter tank
87 gas

Did few runs for 0-100 and the best I got was 6.5 for 100 kmph and 2.3 for 50 kmph. I think I can do 6.4 with perfect 1-2 shift The car is stock , no tune or anything . I launch around 2200 -2500 with little spin . I tried changing it to 0-60 mph hoping it could reach 60 miles in second gear but didn't happen.
So lastly I wanted to know how much difference would it make with shifting into 3rd gear to reach 100 kmph.
Just wanted to get an idea how much more time I can shave off before I decided to tune it.
The best I got was 6 seconds flat. Manual Transmission with stock gears and stock everything. I can't seem to get that time anymore though.

OP
OP

Arsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB Base 2016 Mustang
The best I got was 6 seconds flat. Manual Transmission with stock gears and stock everything. I can't seem to get that time anymore though.
Thanks for your input man. So you got 6.0 with 3.15 gears?
6.3 or 6.4 shouldn't be bad considering I would have to upshift to 3 to reach 100.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
With:

BBK shorty headers
Resonator delete x-pipe
Roush AB exhaust
Unleashed 93 tune
Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S 285 rear tires
1/4 tank
Auto trans
3.15 gear ratio

I managed to accomplish 4.9s for 0-60mph. This was on a relatively cold day in Arkansas ~20*F at ~300ft altitude.

[ame]

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Hi everyone ,
275 rear tire
Muffler delete
3.55 gears
Manual transmission
Quarter tank
87 gas

You can try the GT throttle body mod to get more air in, also could get a tune and tune for 93 octane. There are quite a few things you could do but those would be my first two. Maybe get a resonator delete as well.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Better tires (lighter rims maybe) and rear end suspension goodies before the horsepower. You would be surprised what just good suspension parts and grip will do. Went that route on my last two mustangs first. Wish I would have done that with this one too, but on to it soon.

OP
OP

Arsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB Base 2016 Mustang
With:

BBK shorty headers
Resonator delete x-pipe
Roush AB exhaust
Unleashed 93 tune
Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S 285 rear tires
1/4 tank
Auto trans
3.15 gear ratio

I managed to accomplish 4.9s for 0-60mph. This was on a relatively cold day in Arkansas ~20*F at ~300ft altitude.

4.9 for v6 is pretty fast man. Hope I could get similar results too someday.
But I just wanted to see if anyone out here in forums have 3.55 gears with Manaul transmission , so I could compare with them and than start upgrading from there . Tune ,throtlle body and lowering springs are on my on top of my list for now .

OP
OP

Arsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB Base 2016 Mustang
You can try the GT throttle body mod to get more air in, also could get a tune and tune for 93 octane. There are quite a few things you could do but those would be my first two. Maybe get a resonator delete as well.
Those two mods are on top of my list. Just curious ,how much time usually it takes to upshift in another gear . Is 0.5 or 0.6 too slow or avg ? Just asking this because if I don't have to upset to 3 gear , my 0-100 would be flat 6.0 or 5.9.
Any inputs would be appreciated man .

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
4.9 for v6 is pretty fast man. Hope I could get similar results too someday.
But I just wanted to see if anyone out here in forums have 3.55 gears with Manaul transmission , so I could compare with them and than start upgrading from there . Tune ,throtlle body and lowering springs are on my on top of my list for now .
I don't think a throttle body is necessary. A tune is going to be BY FAR the biggest improvement for power.

Sponsored

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I don't think a throttle body is necessary. A tune is going to be BY FAR the biggest improvement for power.
Yeah I thought people have generally agreed on larger throttle body does not benefit WOT. Only partial throttle response is improved if I remember correctly.

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I think the maximum intake air flow rate should be limited by the cylinders' capability to suck in air, which boils down to the capacity and rotation speed. The stock intake manifold should have been optimized by many engineers for maximized flow efficiency. I can't think of a reason to block the air flow by insufficient throttle body size.
If we do a shabby calculation, the 68mm TB used by 3.7 V6 has the maximum opening area of pi*(68/2)^2 = 3632mm^2, and the 80mm TB by 5.0 V8 has the maximum opening area of pi*(80/2)^2 = 5027mm^2. The ratio is about at 3.7:5.0.

I have seen lots of people reporting larger throttle body does not help quarter mile time/trap speed. I guess that means the maximum flow rate is not restricted by the throttle body. Then people also report improved throttle response by larger TB. Well, for the same throttle angle the effective opening area is larger because of the larger radius. The air flow rate is amplified at partial throttle, but will saturate before WOT. I guess that is equivalent to requiring a higher throttle response setting when you pay for a custom engine tune. Furthermore, the tuner would not update an engine tune just for a larger throttle body (at least by MPT).

I'm just trying to do some guess work here cause I'm not a mechanical engineer. I'm an electrical engineer and I have seen too many marketing scams. This makes me a bit skeptical to everything and sometimes paranoid. Please feel free to argue and teach me something.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
I think the maximum intake air flow rate should be limited by the cylinders' capability to suck in air, which boils down to the capacity and rotation speed. The stock intake manifold should have been optimized by many engineers for maximized flow efficiency. I can't think of a reason to block the air flow by insufficient throttle body size.
If we do a shabby calculation, the 68mm TB used by 3.7 V6 has the maximum opening area of pi*(68/2)^2 = 3632mm^2, and the 80mm TB by 5.0 V8 has the maximum opening area of pi*(80/2)^2 = 5027mm^2. The ratio is about at 3.7:5.0.

I have seen lots of people reporting larger throttle body does not help quarter mile time/trap speed. I guess that means the maximum flow rate is not restricted by the throttle body. Then people also report improved throttle response by larger TB. Well, for the same throttle angle the effective opening area is larger because of the larger radius. The air flow rate is amplified at partial throttle, but will saturate before WOT. I guess that is equivalent to requiring a higher throttle response setting when you pay for a custom engine tune. Furthermore, the tuner would not update an engine tune just for a larger throttle body (at least by MPT).

I'm just trying to do some guess work here cause I'm not a mechanical engineer. I'm an electrical engineer and I have seen too many marketing scams. This makes me a bit skeptical to everything and sometimes paranoid. Please feel free to argue and teach me something.
I purchased the BBK 73mm TB some time ago. I did find that my on-board 0-60mph times were slower. Along with this, the car felt slower at WOT. Granted, this was before the car was tuned so I was just working with Roush exhaust and the TB with the factory tune at the time, but still.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
0-60 mph

I have h pipe and standard GT exhaust with a k&n panel filter with a sct canned tune
IMG_3878.jpg

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
Symone, pretty quick for some simple mods!
Sponsored