Sponsored

Swift Spec-R Springs installed on ecoboost

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
Guys,

Just wanted you all to know that the spec-r springs fit perfect, and the drop is PERFECT for my daily driver. :ford:

2015 base ecoboost, matched with koni yellows, set to almost full soft.

please excuse the dirty, california is still in a drought. ;)

dr9oy8.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Really nice stance! :thumbsup:

I know the SwiftR springs are suppose to be some of the best springs for the Mustang. Hoping to get my BMR springs on this weekend myself...

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Looks great!

OP
OP
Dspec_S550

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How's the ride with what I assume are stock dampers? Any bounciness?
Matched with koni yellows! ride is pretty damn good. about 10% stiffer feeling than stock on jolts, super smooth, with a small amount of vibration transmit. Best of all, no more porpoising!

All together though, I believed the hype, and for good reason. The car feels really planted now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I loved those springs, ran them on my GT. IMO, the best street-able handling spring I've come across with the best drop. Were wonderful matched with Steeda Pro-Action Adjustable dampers on my car. Can get away easily with Steeda's fixed dampers. Obviously they'd be great with the Koni options, Bilstein, whatever. Great springs.

OP
OP
Dspec_S550

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anybody have some baseline setting for the konis, with this spring combo?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
This is a loaded question. You'll probably end up at about 1.5 turns.

Need to start full soft. Ride around. Then go full hard. Ride around. KNOW YOUR ADJUSTMENT RANGES before you ask for a "go-to adjustment". This is a tinker job.

OP
OP
Dspec_S550

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know that, but thanks. I have had 4 sets of konis on four different cars.

I am wondering in anybody has this combo, and what they have set already.

Not looking for a magic bullet, or the perfect setting out of the box.

Also, being an ecoboost and a few hundred pounds lighter on the nose, that my ideal setting maybe different.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The root of what I was saying is (1) these are springs intended for GTs and (2) you are probably the first to install them on an EB with adjustable dampers (or at all) and (3) these aren't a hugely popular spring. Didn't want you sitting around waiting for what doesn't exist when you only have one adjustment to deal with.

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Correct me if I am wrong but these are for GTs I thought. The Ecoboost is a lighter car. Spring rates are geared toward GTs. After pulling my suspension over 25 times installing parts and multiple sets of springs THE SWIFTS ARE THE BEST. Now with this said I never installed the BMRs. They just don't have a drop that suits me with 19s and low profile tires. 325/30/19s in rear. Now after all the suspension swaps I have done I ended up with the ultimate ride. Ridetech. I will not touch the suspension anymore. Awesome. Look for the competition to start copying this setup I am running. http://www.ridetech.com/store/2015-mustang-coilover-level-2-en.html

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The root of what I was saying is (1) these are springs intended for GTs and (2) you are probably the first to install them on an EB with adjustable dampers (or at all) and (3) these aren't a hugely popular spring. Didn't want you sitting around waiting for what doesn't exist when you only have one adjustment to deal with.
These are not popular due to their advertising and the force feeding of Steeda to members here. If Swift were to push their springs like the other venders members would be running Swifts without a doubt. I installed the Swifts and uninstalled them tried the competitions springs and RE-INSTALLED THE SWIFT SPRINGS THIS SHOULD TELL THE MEMBERS SOMETHING.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swift-Spec-...Mustang-GT-15-4X914R-/191721753819?rmvSB=true Here is a better price for them. https://www.merakiautoworks.com/products/swift-springs-ford-mustang-gt-2015

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
These are not popular due to their advertising and the force feeding of Steeda to members here. If Swift were to push their springs like the other venders members would be running Swifts without a doubt. I installed the Swifts and uninstalled them tried the competitions springs and RE-INSTALLED THE SWIFT SPRINGS THIS SHOULD TELL THE MEMBERS SOMETHING.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swift-Spec-...Mustang-GT-15-4X914R-/191721753819?rmvSB=true Here is a better price for them. https://www.merakiautoworks.com/products/swift-springs-ford-mustang-gt-2015
Same could be said about BMR but yes, I agree, Swift makes great springs and these are not as popular due to the fact that there is not a huge push from any vendors on this forum for them.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Agreed, the Steeda force feeding is very annoying. However, your force feeding of BMR is equally annoying. I am an equal opportunity car modder.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Agreed, the Steeda force feeding is very annoying. However, your force feeding of BMR is equally annoying. I am an equal opportunity car modder.
:lol: I am complimenting Swift Springs from experience. :lol: I have NEVER installed BMR springs out of the multiple sets this car has had. Besides springs BMR is king of the hill. :D
Sponsored