Tire recommendations?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
For the last 4-years I've driven on nothing but Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Pilot Sport AS3's, and now the Pilot Sport 4S. The tires just work at a level better at everything as a whole compared to all other tires I've tried.
I just went with 255/4518 Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ (on 18x9) and the difference from the stock Goodyears is night and day. These tires just stick and GO, cornering is predictable and there is so much more push to be had without losing control. They took very little wheel weights when static balanced also, no vibrations at any speed.

Money well spent.
Sponsored

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Anyone run the nitro 555 g2's in the 2554518?

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes. They do fine in 50 F weather though, too.
So how's something like this work out for a guy like me who loves to drive his car all year? Crap, here it is almost the end of April and it was 42F out this morning on my way to work, but a nice 70F this afternoon for my drive home. Wont even mention winter when its below 30F kind of often, I won't drive it when there is any chance of snow, but its not all that grippy out in the mornings when there is frost on the roads that's for sure. I suppose I'm destined for all seasons on my oem rims in the winter is the fix for that.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So how's something like this work out for a guy like me who loves to drive his car all year? Crap, here it is almost the end of April and it was 42F out this morning on my way to work, but a nice 70F this afternoon for my drive home. Wont even mention winter when its below 30F kind of often, I won't drive it when there is any chance of snow, but its not all that grippy out in the mornings when there is frost on the roads that's for sure. I suppose I'm destined for all seasons on my oem rims in the winter is the fix for that.
FWIW, I've driven several different kinds of summer tires in 35-40 deg mornings and it was never scary or hopeless with the exception of P-zeros on a GT PP that was not mine. Most summers that aren't track compound, streetable are OK for those few weeks where it can go from a high of 60 to a high of 40-45 in 24 hrs. You just can't push it.

You need two sets. I drive mine all year too.
Sponsored