Fix Bouncy Ride

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I wish people wouldn't support the companies who hide information about what they are selling you. Voting with your wallet is the ultimate vote, after all.
And I have done. BMR and Steeda parts on my car.
Sponsored

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yup, these two companies are top shelf. Stick with either of them and you will be alright.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just got the mounts on today. Definite change and improvement felt right away! Can't wait to drive it more to see how I like it.

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I have some WICKED bounce/oscillation on my car (basically the entire playbook of suspension parts on my car). Just found this thread and ordered the Steeda rear upper mounts. Dear car gods please let this solve it.

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I can finally update! I installed my Viking Crusaders Cruise 0-2" dampers today and my bounce is finally gone! I also installed Steeda bumpstops and shock mounts with it. Set the compression to 0 and rebound to 5. So far, it is riding like it should be and much more comfortable. I am real happy, however, I introduce another issue. I am not hearing a clicking sound in my passenger rear which is obnoxiously loud. I checked all my bolts and concluded that it may be the shock mount on that side because one of bearing nut was not threaded clean enough. I remember I had to scrape some metal out for the threads to get it on. I believe it may have gotten a little loose and is now hitting the spacer as there is a gap now. Will check later to see if that is the cause.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I had a clicking when I first installed mine. Sounded like 2 billiard balls smacking together.
It turned out that one of the mount to body bolts was not vice tight.
If you look at your bolt alignment on the mount, they are not even, the rearward most bolt is higher. I think the mount is supposed to be up against that little stud.
I was getting an up and down on one side of the mount.
Torqued it down super tight and no more noise.

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I can finally update! I installed my Viking Crusaders Cruise 0-2" dampers today and my bounce is finally gone!
Is the bounce gone because of the Viking's or because of the Steeda mounts or you're not quite sure?

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had a clicking when I first installed mine. Sounded like 2 billiard balls smacking together.
It turned out that one of the mount to body bolts was not vice tight.
If you look at your bolt alignment on the mount, they are not even, the rearward most bolt is higher. I think the mount is supposed to be up against that little stud.
I was getting an up and down on one side of the mount.
Torqued it down super tight and no more noise.
Thanks! I believe they are super tight and torqued down correctly already. The clicking noise is coming from the passenger side and the picture is of the driver side. I am pretty sure it is the threaded bearing at the top of the mount because I had some issues with it upon receiving it. Thought it I fixed threads after a cleaning with a small flat head and some brushes, which worked. However, there was still some resistance at the end of the threads and I tighten anyways. I remember it got loose when I was paying with it and tighten it down again. Then I heard the click noise about a quarter mile later, which I think it is the bearing getting loose again. I am going to contact Steeda for another bearing set to correct this.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Thanks! I believe they are super tight and torqued down correctly already. The clicking noise is coming from the passenger side and the picture is of the driver side. I am pretty sure it is the threaded bearing at the top of the mount because I had some issues with it upon receiving it. Thought it I fixed threads after a cleaning with a small flat head and some brushes, which worked. However, there was still some resistance at the end of the threads and I tighten anyways. I remember it got loose when I was paying with it and tighten it down again. Then I heard the click noise about a quarter mile later, which I think it is the bearing getting loose again. I am going to contact Steeda for another bearing set to correct this.
Just for clarity, it's not a threaded bearing in the mount. There is a nut that goes down into the bearing. The tolerance on the nut is VERY close. When installing, it's important to ensure that nut goes all the way in or you may be getting noise from it moving.
nut.jpg

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What is that vertical cable in the pic next the Viking shock?

Also looks like you have dual rear calipers?
that looks like the Wilwood e brake cable for their rear disk brake kit. It has a single piston brake caliper that is mounted on top of the 4 piston brake caliper.

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Br...R&year=2015&make=Ford&model=Mustang&option=GT
AJ is correct about the Wilwood brakes. The vertical cable is the speed sensor I believe. I am assuming you are referring to the shiny black one?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is the bounce gone because of the Viking's or because of the Steeda mounts or you're not quite sure?
No, he had the mounts before that. But I should let him answer.
Yup, had the Roush coilovers and they were ride height adjustable only. After my suspension upgrades I will getting a lot of bounce and the ride was bad. Got the shock mounts for the Roush and it didn't do anything noticeable. Steeda Tech, Mike D., reached out to me and we ran some tests. All checked out fine and I already placed an order for some Vikings. Got them installed yesterday with a new set of Steeda shock mounts and their bumpstop kit to ensure there was enough travel. Got it rid of about 75% of the bounce for sure. The Vikings are adjustable, so I am still playing with the compression and rebound knobs to find the right ride comfort. It just sucks not knowing the spring rate on these super secret Roush springs :paddle:.
Sponsored