Sponsored

Why did Ford Service bail on this forum?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Everyone wants to know and no one is giving any updates.

Why did Ford Service bail out of this forum?

Is it because all of the Ford S550 QC issues were catching up, the multiple S550's being Lemon'd from this site or the possibilities of other Class Action Suites creeping up??

So where are the Ford Service Reps????
Sponsored

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Not just M6G, but all forums it seems. Search around, the same message was posted at the end of January on F150, Focus, and other Ford enthusiast forums.

We've tried to obtain more information to no avail. I will provide everyone an update if we do.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Uh... probably because Ford is the type of company that has such a stranglehold on dealers that the best dealer in my area won't file a warranty claim for my car to replace the rear quarter window (seal is coming off of the body) because I have a "track day" sticker on a different window. Yeah... track days have nothing to do with a defective window seal - cheap window seal designs do. But they told me they know it'd be declined. Or maybe because they released a vehicle with the same fundamental transmission they were given a costly lawsuit over now inclusive of even worse "it's normal" driveline clunking. Or maybe paint jobs that are insanely weak. Or seat cushions that lose their padding in, oh, 30K miles. Or wheel bearings that go out seemingly more than early 90's Chevy Malibus, sometimes because the axle nut wasn't torqued right. Oh, lest I forget, body panel alignment, interior rattles, AC failures...

Maybe they're overwhelmed by these trends?

I'm hoping, instead, they are working hard on revamping their dealership service model such that getting warranty work is not so vastly inconsistent between dealers (a'hem... much like Chrysler/Dodge dealers) and dealers are not required to get "approval" for clearly defective parts, including, you know, sending pictures in of the entire car for a flippin' quarter window. So on, so forth...

A boy can dream...
Sponsored