Sponsored

Any Interest In a Compact Spare for Brembo Equipped Cars?

Would you be interested in a compact spare that clears front and rear Brembo's?

• Total voters

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Fingered crossed and still hoping it may fit over my GT350 brakes. My 19" black appearance package wheels did using a 22mm spacer so fingers crossed this will to.

macek25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2017
Any chances to ship those spare tire to Poland?
I have EU version with pp they will fit into those big brembo front brakes?
Also I was asking if any owner from Poland will be intrested they say yes so I'm not olny one.

Last edited:

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I have EU version with pp
Just a guess, but with shipping that spare will be fairly expensive and that doesn't begin to add taxes etc. I would look at the gnomes post and see if those options aren't available to you. If not damn that thing will be like gold.

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
I have EU version with pp they will fit into those big brembo front brakes?
Also I was asking if any owner from Poland will be intrested they say yes so I'm not olny one.
These will be offered worldwide, We understand the EU dilemma and know this will be a big market for this item as well as the U.S.

-Benny

Sponsored

Greyhound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
Doing Sydney to Adelaide and back 2700km trip in September would love a spare before then.

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Update

OK guys good news/bad news. First off thank you all so much for the feedback and response we have received here, It has helped greatly with development and forecasting interest and future sales. The bad news is that Levittown Ford will not be offering this product for sale. As an OE parts provider we have decided to stick with what we do best. Now for the Great news, This product will be available for sale through Automotive Authority LLC who are currently the only exclusive U.S retailer at this time with pre-orders being taken now at https://www.automotiveauthorityllc....ang-gt-with-brembo-brakes?variant=35747297481 For future product questions and order inquires please contact [email protected]

Thank you all very much!

-Benny

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Working alongside another vendor we are trying to determine the interest in production of a aftermarket Compact Aluminum Spare that can be used on Brembo/PP equipped vehicles (excludes GT350 at the moment)

We anticipate final costs to be approx 225.00 which would include the Rim, Tire, Jack, Wrench and Hardware similar to the current non-PP kit Ford is offering below:

Please let us know what you think

-Benny
Wow, From 225 to 531.47 shipped for the complete kit.

What a bait and switch! No thanks, I'll use a full size wheel for that price. Good grief.

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!

What a bait and switch! No thanks, I'll use a full size wheel for that price. Good grief.
The final selling price is out of our control as this is not being offered by Levittown Ford. Furthermore the tire size that was selected for use in the kit is very limited among manufacturers leaving only a few available choices with pricing higher than expected. When weighing in the cost and time of roadside service and possible towing the kit is still very reasonable with the peace of mind that it brings. It's there when you need it and out of sight when you don't.

-Benny

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

What a bait and switch!
It's not a bait and switch. Worst case: a bait and nothing.

Levittown thought they would be selling these but it didn't work out. They didn't hint at a low price and then jack it way up.

I think its classy that Levittown even posted a link to the other company for the forum members who might want one anyway.

I think its some price gouging by the people selling these things. There is no competition and that's what happens. They figure they will make more total profit selling a few at that price than a bunch for a lot cheaper. They might have been right if not for the forum effect. They probably figured only a tiny percent of potential customers would ever hear about the product. But the target customers (Performance pack) are much more likely to read about products at no cost to the seller in a forum than the typical Mustang owner.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It's not a bait and switch. Worst case: a bait and nothing.

Levittown thought they would be selling these but it didn't work out. They didn't hint at a low price and then jack it way up.

I think its classy that Levittown even posted a link to the other company for the forum members who might want one anyway.

I think its some price gouging by the people selling these things. There is no competition and that's what happens. They figure they will make more total profit selling a few at that price than a bunch for a lot cheaper. They might have been right if not for the forum effect. They probably figured only a tiny percent of potential customers would ever hear about the product. But the target customers (Performance pack) are much more likely to read about products at no cost to the seller in a forum than the typical Mustang owner.
And ditto, no issue with Levittown. Just a ridiculous price. If I get a flat, I can call a wrecker and completely replace the rim and tire for less than that.

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I want to introduce myself, I am new to this forum and I am part of the team partnering up with the owners of the wheel to bring these to the US market. I wasn't brought in until after this poll has been started and wasn't part of how the $225 price point came about but I can tell you that the tire, rim, mount, balance, warehousing, along with the 3 Ford parts cost more than that to purchase prior to resale. The $225 price point more aligns with Fords OEM spare that do not fit these cars; a part that they sell multi-millions of where they can negotiate ridiculously cheap rates.
Without us knowing what the exact market demand is, there is only a small production run being done to test the market which undoubtedly equates to a higher price to produce. The tooling cost to set up production, freight, odd tire size for spare, among other things inflate the price over Ford OEM prices as well.
I can understand the "bait and switch" feeling you guys are having but I can tell you that this is not the case. We are trying to make this spare tire feasible as a business venture and help bring a solution to the Mustang owners. These are not guaranteed to be in production for perpetuity at this point if we cannot sell the original production run, but our hopes for this are to go all in on the second production run and bring the price down. We understand that at this price point these are not for everyone however we have had a very big welcome to the market response with the spare tire so far and have taken a lot of pre-orders.
Big thanks to Levitttown for organizing this thread and helping the Mustang community.

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I want to introduce myself, I am new to this forum and I am part of the team partnering up with the owners of the wheel to bring these to the US market. I wasn't brought in until after this poll has been started and wasn't part of how the $225 price point came about but I can tell you that the tire, rim, mount, balance, warehousing, along with the 3 Ford parts cost more than that to purchase prior to resale. The $225 price point more aligns with Fords OEM spare that do not fit these cars; a part that they sell multi-millions of where they can negotiate ridiculously cheap rates.
Without us knowing what the exact market demand is, there is only a small production run being done to test the market which undoubtedly equates to a higher price to produce. The tooling cost to set up production, freight, odd tire size for spare, among other things inflate the price over Ford OEM prices as well.
I can understand the "bait and switch" feeling you guys are having but I can tell you that this is not the case. We are trying to make this spare tire feasible as a business venture and help bring a solution to the Mustang owners. These are not guaranteed to be in production for perpetuity at this point if we cannot sell the original production run, but our hopes for this are to go all in on the second production run and bring the price down. We understand that at this price point these are not for everyone however we have had a very big welcome to the market response with the spare tire so far and have taken a lot of pre-orders.
Big thanks to Levitttown for organizing this thread and helping the Mustang community.
This is because Levittown has recognized forum members have and will purchase those items we need/want for our vehicles. If you truly wish to lower the price by selling large amounts of Spare tire kits, offer us a group discount for 100 or 200 units sold. Yes, I realize that you may not sell your original run unless you are able to find enough interest at the higher price point. But there is also the 3 or 400 gentlemen that will pay 335 or 425 for the entire kit regardless. I am offering your company a third option, offer your kit with a forum discount if we purchase x amount. In a group buy type setting, then see what kind of interest you can get. Personally we have plenty of vendors here that lower their margins knowing word of mouth from forum members will generate even more
sales of their product when we show it off at cars n coffee etc. It can be the beginning of a new friendship or not, it is ultimately up to each individual vendor.
Sponsored