Sponsored

Knoxville, TN - Looking for a shop to install springs

brimstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost
Like the title states, looking for a reliable/professional shop to install a set of springs. I'm pretty good with a wrench and, normally, I'd do this myself as it's an easy job, but given the info about the bushings in this thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44129

...I don't have the facilities/equipment (drive on lift) to loosen and re-torque all the bushing bolts with all four wheels loaded and level.

Coming from the VW world, I would have used EAG or MF Auto...and I still might give EAG a call to see if they'd do it...but I wanted to see if there was anyone else in town I should be looking at.

Thanks!
Sponsored

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Like the title states, looking for a reliable/professional shop to install a set of springs. I'm pretty good with a wrench and, normally, I'd do this myself as it's an easy job, but given the info about the bushings in this thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44129

...I don't have the facilities/equipment (drive on lift) to loosen and re-torque all the bushing bolts with all four wheels loaded and level.

Coming from the VW world, I would have used EAG or MF Auto...and I still might give EAG a call to see if they'd do it...but I wanted to see if there was anyone else in town I should be looking at.

Thanks!
What did you end up doing? [MENTION=25427]brimstn[/MENTION]

OP
OP

brimstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost
What did you end up doing? [MENTION=25427]brimstn[/MENTION]
Nothing yet. I'm not very trusting so I was hoping to get a recommendation other than 'any alignment shop can do that for you' before making the move.

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I know a guy if you want to bring it to Nashville. This is a pretty straight forward install though and having it done at an alignment shop so that they can do the alignment at the same time would be ideal. You really don't need a performance or motorsports shop to install springs.
[MENTION=7179]SVTDSM[/MENTION]

NOM3RC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
I know a guy if you want to bring it to Nashville. This is a pretty straight forward install though and having it done at an alignment shop so that they can do the alignment at the same time would be ideal. You really don't need a performance or motorsports shop to install springs.
I can vouch for SVTDSM he just installed my springs this past weekend.

Sponsored

OP
OP

brimstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost
It's not the installation that I'm worried about, that's easy. It's the clocking the bushings after you get them installed. See the link in the first post...you have to have the car's weight on the wheels, then loosen/torque the bushings at the suspension pivot points. That's hard to do in a garage, you need a drive-on lift.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
It's not the installation that I'm worried about, that's easy. It's the clocking the bushings after you get them installed. See the link in the first post...you have to have the car's weight on the wheels, then loosen/torque the bushings at the suspension pivot points. That's hard to do in a garage, you need a drive-on lift.
You don't need a drive on lift, this can be done on ramps, or by simply jacking the vehicle and putting blocks under the tires. That being said, I've done quite a few of these installs on the s550 without loosening and re-torquing the pivot points, and haven't witnessed any of the issues mentioned in the link. I would be happy to tackle the install for you but I'm sure Nashville is a bit further than you were looking to travel.
Sponsored