Sponsored

Has your '15 trunk lid scratched the bumber?

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Thinking it was a line of dirt, I've found that the trunk lid has made a horizontal scratch line on the top of the bumper where the trunk lid closes. What I see now is a white-ish primer color instead of my deep impact blue. :doh: I knew there were fitment issues with the early S550's (hood, doors, fenders) but I never thought twice to look at the trunk lid.

Have any of you with a darker color paint noticed this? I'm wondering if the rubber "stoppers" are set to low and the trunk lid is rubbing on the bumper... I written to Ford Service here and am waiting a response.

BTW... has anyone figured out how to fix the problem with the side mirrors getting stuck when the doors are unlocked and the realign themselves. My still get stuck and I can hear the tic-tic-tic sound, but never when I can take it to the dealer to see and hear.

Thank you.
Sponsored

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I also have the same horizontal scratch from the trunk.
Is that something we can even use warranty on?

OP
OP
pctek

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Same here on trunk lid left side when standing in front of it
I'm trying to picture how you can stand in front of the rear bumper and trunk lid ?? ;) I know I can stand behind it... :shrug:

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
My 15 rubs the bumper cover/fascia, it's not visible when closed so I don't really care.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If your trunk lid is rubbing on the top of the rear bumper fascia, then the trunk lid latch needs to be adjusted up a few millimeters. Very common issue. The trunk alignment will usually be better also down along the bottom lip of the trunk by the tail lights.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Yep I have the same horizontal mark.

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
I've had my car since Dec. 2014 and the only marks in that area are from my wifey closing the decklid with her ringed finger :\ try as I might to be the only one to touch my baby she still thinks she's learned enough from watching me. I believe it may even depend on the manufacture date but I have heard of several s550s from all different build dates having various fitment issues. Mine has a mild imperfection near the hinge of the drivers side door and once I inspected it more closely realized that it wasn't just paint but an imperfection in the body of the car. A good friend of mine just got his GT350 back from paint. Supposedly his was really bad in a few areas, but I bring this up because if I'm not mistaken he took it back to them and had paint retouched and some panels adjusted free of charge. Something to look into for anyone with imperfections in their racecar

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
I feel the need to also note that when I took delivery of my car the airbag assembly was askew and needed to be removed and reinstalled correctly. If you're the type to try something yourself remove the decklid panel and reinstall it, making sure to fit it back in the appropriate slots located in the middle of the decklid panel. It just slides and clicks into place. If this doesn't resolve your issues then it may be time to take her into the dealer and have them adjust your hinges.

For the DIY'ers, be careful with the backup camera. Also if it malfunctions after reinstallation just turn the car off and restart. Mine had to "reset" itself after I had been playing with different decklid panels and removing it several times. No issues since though

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
nope and there is never dirt there and it doesn't touch.

Sponsored

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
mines had that. ended up sticking one of those clear vinyls in the area to prevent further rubbing.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
yes...i had issue with eb .. my trunk lid used to rub on bumper

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I just backed off the two rubber stoppers about a full turn. That should help as I could see the lid bouncing off of them when I closed the trunk. Probably should have done it a long time ago...better late than never I guess.