Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
We're in the 'spring' spirit here at Steeda ;) as we announce our S550 Ultralite linear lowering springs! Anyone who's had an S197 has probably heard of our Ultralite springs, and we're excited to introduce them to the S550 platform.

Steeda Mustang Ultralite Springs - Linear (2015 GT/V6)

Steeda Mustang Ultralite Springs - Linear (2015 EcoBoost)

These Ultralite springs lower your 2015 S550 1.125" in front and 1" out back providing a vehicle stance and ride quality we're very pleased with and we think our customers will be, too. Also, our Ultralites are 10% lighter than the stock Performance Pack springs :D

Here are some pics on an EcoBoost so you can get a feel for the stance:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Inline Comparison:
Sponsored

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Finally! Spring rates front/rear?

That is all...

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Finally! Spring rates front/rear?

That is all...
These Ultralites have a 20% increase in spring rate compared to the leading S550 linear spring competitor.

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What is the spring rate compared to the Steeda sport springs?

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
These Ultralites have a 20% increase in spring rate compared to the leading S550 linear spring competitor.
Great! I didn't know anyone else was making a linear spring yet. Doing homework for a 2016 order... it'll be at the top of the list. Thanks!

That is all...

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
So I've seen some springs say they're for coupes only, but yours don't specify. Will they be okay on convertibles and if so, will there be any disadvantages since I assume you tuned these for coupes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
So I've seen some springs say they're for coupes only, but yours don't specify. Will they be okay on convertibles and if so, will there be any disadvantages since I assume you tuned these for coupes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These will work on convertibles, install would be about another 30 minutes compared to the coupes as an fyi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
These will work on convertibles, install would be about another 30 minutes compared to the coupes as an fyi.

Cool thanks! I assume that also applies to the progressive springs?

Sponsored
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I didn't see an answer to this one. Steeda?
Excerpt I posted in a different thread:

Steeda Mustang Sport Springs - Linear (2015 GT/V6/EcoBoost): Original set of springs we released, linear, 1" drop all around, 20% increase in spring rate over PP springs.

Steeda Mustang Sport Springs - Progressive (2015 GT/V6/EcoBoost): Second set of springs we released, progressive, 1.125" drop in front and 1" drop out back, 10% stiffer than the PP springs at curb and provide a 40% increase in roll stiffness over the PP springs when you lean into it and the spring compresses.

Steeda Mustang Ultralite Springs - Linear (2015 GT/V6/EcoBoost): Third set of springs we released, linear, 1.125" drop in front and 1" drop out back, 20% increase in spring rate over PP springs, weighs 10% less.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a few questions for you as I am not educated enough on spring types.

What spring will provide a better everyday type driving experience progressive vs linear?

Which would be a better ride ultralite linear or sport linear?

When you say spring rate % increase does this just mean it is said % stiffer than PP when cornering or handling and not at its ability to absorb bumps or is it both?

I have your progressive sports ordered already and I would just like to be sure they are the correct spring for my kind of lifestyle. Questioning if the linear ultralites were the way to go?

Thank you,

Jaime

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
So I have a few questions for you as I am not educated enough on spring types.

What spring will provide a better everyday type driving experience progressive vs linear?

Which would be a better ride ultralite linear or sport linear?

When you say spring rate % increase does this just mean it is said % stiffer than PP when cornering or handling and not at its ability to absorb bumps or is it both?

I have your progressive sports ordered already and I would just like to be sure they are the correct spring for my kind of lifestyle. Questioning if the linear ultralites were the way to go?

Thank you,

Jaime

Hi Jaime,

Sure! For daily drivers who rarely head to the track, we recommend our progressives due to the comfortable ride quality. You'd be looking for a linear spring if you tracked the car more often than not - a linear spring rate is consistent which is important when racing.

Ride quality-wise, the ultralite linear and the sport linear are going to be pretty similar - the main difference is the ultralites are slightly lower in the front.

Spring rate - the springs have the ability to absorb bumps in the road while still remaining stiffer than the PP springs for cornering/handling as well.

If you've already got the progressives ordered and you mostly daily the car, I would honestly stick with those. We've received amazing customer feedback regarding ride quality, stance and performance on those and they've been literally flying off the shelves.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jaime,

Sure! For daily drivers who rarely head to the track, we recommend our progressives due to the comfortable ride quality. You'd be looking for a linear spring if you tracked the car more often than not - a linear spring rate is consistent which is important when racing.

Ride quality-wise, the ultralite linear and the sport linear are going to be pretty similar - the main difference is the ultralites are slightly lower in the front.

Spring rate - the springs have the ability to absorb bumps in the road while still remaining stiffer than the PP springs for cornering/handling as well.

If you've already got the progressives ordered and you mostly daily the car, I would honestly stick with those. We've received amazing customer feedback regarding ride quality, stance and performance on those and they've been literally flying off the shelves.

Just what I wanted to hear :) Thank you for your help I appreciate it.

Jaime

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Does the lighter weight come from a stronger, thinner material? Does this also allow for a greater travel as a result?

Are they cold coiled?
Sponsored