Sponsored

50th Anniversary Grill

Black6gGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT Premium
I ordered my car 2 weeks ago and still do not have a VIN. Got a call from my dealer offering me a 2015 GT w/PP and NAV at the same price as the one I ordered. There are only two problems. This car has 150test drive miles and it's got the 50th anniversary grill. How hard/expensive. Is it to swap that out for the standard GT upper and lower grills? Should I be alarmed about such high test drive miles?
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Who put the 50th Annv grill in a GT w/PP? Was that a factory mistake?

As far as the mileage and test drives, I would assume all test drives had a salesman along for the ride, so doubt anyone really abused the car. If you want it, test drive it a long ways and look it over very well to make sure you're happy with everything.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Who put the 50th Annv grill in a GT w/PP? Was that a factory mistake?

As far as the mileage and test drives, I would assume all test drives had a salesman along for the ride, so doubt anyone really abused the car. If you want it, test drive it a long ways and look it over very well to make sure you're happy with everything.

If you get AP and PP, you get the 50th anniversary grill.

OP
OP

Black6gGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT Premium
That's what I'm thinking about the miles. That or it could be a dealership transfer. Now the grill swap... I REALLY don't like the 50th grill but I love the seats lol. That's the o ly reason I'm considering the deal.... that and the free Nav upgrade. Would still have to go in and see where they are trying to make their money back.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Cant say the 150 miles would worry me. As for the grill, what a result! Its funny how opinions differ isnt it? I am actually thinking of paying to change out my GT grill withh the anniversary grill....when I get it!

Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Whole bumper cover has to come off.

30ish clips

20ish bolts

The grills themselves are a little tricky. Pull n pop

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
You could probably find someone on here willing to swap grills with you for free. Then it would just be a matter of getting it off, shipping it (possibly) and fitting the new one.

S550SVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, 86 mercury capri,86 svo
Black6gGt - sent you a pm

jared89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
Why not jusk ask the dealer to swap it with one from another car on the lot. The 150 miles would not bother me at all.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
They would never do that. That would mean someone else would only get part of the 50th appearance package

Sponsored

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
You could probably find someone on here willing to swap grills with you for free. Then it would just be a matter of getting it off, shipping it (possibly) and fitting the new one.
Don't forget the chrome trim taillights too!

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Originally I wasn't sure if I liked the chrome trim until I saw my car in person. Now when I look at 15s without the chrome trim on the taillights they just look plain to me. I don't think it looks good on light colors like race red or comp orange though

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Originally I wasn't sure if I liked the chrome trim until I saw my car in person. Now when I look at 15s without the chrome trim on the taillights they just look plain to me. I don't think it looks good on light colors like race red or comp orange though
I agree! Originally I ordered a Magnetic 200a but during the 3rd week of the car not being scheduled I wandered over to a dealer to look at all the purdy Mustangs all lined up. I fell in love with the Ruby Red; the chrome bits contrasting with the darker color was stunning. The Magentics with the 50th package not so much as the chrome and the gray are close in the same spectrum so there was not as much contrast. The black with the 50th were awesome looking. I decided to change my order to include the 50th package but I needed to pick a different color. My 2004 is already Ruby Red so that was out. Black, gray, and green were out because those are the only colors I ever seem to buy. So, I changed it to Deep Impact Blue with the 50th package. I can't wait!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I know the '15's are different than the '14's, but here's a shot of my '14 halfway into swapping the factory GT grill for a Boss 302 grill. Whole front bumper cover has to come off (as well as the front under body tray). Lots of clips and screws like Anthony said above...

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I would bet finding someone to swap for free would be very simple.... considering that the 50 AP grille is like $900 from Ford Parts. :)
Sponsored