Sponsored

Can I lower my GT with the Performance Package?

mgs999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Hi guys,

I want to lower my car and I would like to know if I can use the suspension that comes with the performance package or if I have to buy another one. In the case I need a new one, could you please recommend me one?

Thanks,
Sponsored

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Next time, :search:
Hi guys,

I want to lower my car and I would like to know if I can use the suspension that comes with the performance package or if I have to buy another one. In the case I need a new one, could you please recommend me one?

Thanks,

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
many threads show the consensus is it does not lower or at least is negligible. However, its confirmed the FR Street M-5300-X springs which are 1" drop are just repackaged PP springs, so that seems like contradicting information.

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
Yes, you can lower your car. The bare minimum that you need for parts is lowering springs. It is not a bad idea to consider replacing shocks and struts at the same time, but not 100% necessary at time of install. I'm lowered on Eibach Sportlines, with no additional parts. I do have aftermarket vertical links installed, and BMR Cradle Lockout waiting install, but neither of these pieces are needed just to lower the car. Good luck with the project, and like was mentioned before, please search, there is a crap-ton of info in these pages.

Sponsored

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hi guys,

Thanks,

Are you asking if you can lower a PP car OR can you lower your car, that is not a PP by using the PP components?

OP
OP

mgs999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Are you asking if you can lower a PP car OR can you lower your car, that is not a PP by using the PP components?
I have a 2017 GT manual with Performance Package (PP). Maybe my question makes no sense because I have 0 idea about mechanics. I would like to lower my car about 1.25 inches and I was wondering if it is enough with the components that come with the PP or if I need other components. Moreover, if I supercharge my car, I am thinking going with the procharger, will the car lowered have a negative impact?

Thanks,

OP
OP

mgs999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Yes, you can lower your car. The bare minimum that you need for parts is lowering springs. It is not a bad idea to consider replacing shocks and struts at the same time, but not 100% necessary at time of install. I'm lowered on Eibach Sportlines, with no additional parts. I do have aftermarket vertical links installed, and BMR Cradle Lockout waiting install, but neither of these pieces are needed just to lower the car. Good luck with the project, and like was mentioned before, please search, there is a crap-ton of info in these pages.
Thanks for your reply :)

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
If you have extra cash, it's recommended to get camber plates for the front suspension and adjustable linkages for the rear because anything more than 1 inch, the factory alignment (which is not adjustable) will cause some handling issues.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
many threads show the consensus is it does not lower or at least is negligible. However, its confirmed the FR Street M-5300-X springs which are 1" drop are just repackaged PP springs, so that seems like contradicting information.
Those are 1" lowering springs, not the same as PP springs at all. Everything else in the package those typically come in is from the PP car though.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Steeda Progressive or Swift Spec R springs with your existing shocks - will be great.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
BMR-SP080 Springs / Installed per the instructions
25mm F / 23mm R Spacers
Verify and correct alignment if necessary
Done...
BMR_SP080_IMG_1402 copy.jpg

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on the BMR's. Have the them on mine and love them.
20170212_152628 (1).jpg

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda Progressive Springs

Steeda Progressive Springs at Sebring International Race Way
IMG_0995.jpg
IMG_1540.jpg
Sponsored