Sponsored

GT350R Springs for GT (high rate, minimum lowering)

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I would agree with you that harshness comes from the rear. I'll try turning the rear rebound down. Currently at +3 compression and +6 rebound. I'm just afraid of being oversprung and underdamped. At this point I have a bunch of springs (4 sets) at my disposal it's just a matter of swapping in and out.

The car felt awesome confident and comfortable on the street with 780 rear spring rate and the shocks at a much firmer setting. But I'm sure the current setting outperforms it in HPDE. I'm hoping the 880 rear will be a happy medium.

A lot of this is just to satisfy my own curiosity :)
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would agree with you that harshness comes from the rear. I'll try turning the rear rebound down. Currently at +3 compression and +6 rebound. I'm just afraid of being oversprung and underdamped. At this point I have a bunch of springs (4 sets) at my disposal it's just a matter of swapping in and out.

The car felt awesome confident and comfortable on the street with 780 rear spring rate and the shocks at a much firmer setting. But I'm sure the current setting outperforms it in HPDE. I'm hoping the 880 rear will be a happy medium.

A lot of this is just to satisfy my own curiosity :)
I would turn the front rebound down along with the rear. Try a reduction of 2 or 3 and see how it feels. When you go over a drop-off/curb/uneven pavement, the shocks want to keep the wheels were they are rather than letting the spring rate and gravity keep it on the ground. In the front, this means the car just falls rather than the wheel falling to meet the ground.

The upside of firm rebound is excellent sprung mass control as it will have resistance to roll and quick reaction, but it can make street manners trying at times.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I would turn the front rebound down along with the rear. Try a reduction of 2 or 3 and see how it feels. When you go over a drop-off/curb/uneven pavement, the shocks want to keep the wheels were they are rather than letting the spring rate and gravity keep it on the ground. In the front, this means the car just falls rather than the wheel falling to meet the ground.

The upside of firm rebound is excellent sprung mass control as it will have resistance to roll and quick reaction, but it can make street manners trying at times.
Thanks brotha. I will also do some reading up on Eibach vs GT350 vs PP rear swaybar.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Today was my first autocross (and a rain-soaked one at that!) since I did all this:

CB005
GT350R/SP085 springs
Pro Action dampers
Wheels and Tires
Billet Shock mounts

WOW. Even in the wet this car was brilliant. I think I will want to add a little more front camber to cure a smidge of mid-corner understeer (only at -1.5 now). Time for camber plates! I also have BMR RLCA bearings on the way, so that will only make it better

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Nice.

You might want somebody to get some good head-on pictures of cornering to help guide your camber choices.

Norm

Sponsored

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
Today was my first autocross (and a rain-soaked one at that!) since I did all this:

CB005
GT350R/SP085 springs
Pro Action dampers
Wheels and Tires
Billet Shock mounts

WOW. Even in the wet this car was brilliant. I think I will want to add a little more front camber to cure a smidge of mid-corner understeer (only at -1.5 now). Time for camber plates! I also have BMR RLCA bearings on the way, so that will only make it better
Great news! Any trouble putting the power down? I realize it was raining - mine spins in 2nd going straight!

Camber plates are a great idea, and I think I'll get the MM ones for mine. But, with more grip in the dry the front end may gain traction faster than the rear. You're running a pretty stiff rear spring, so once the body starts to roll, it's pretty likely the front will roll more than the rear. The added neg camber from roll might solve your mid corner understeer. One caveat: I like a bit of understeer in a car this powerful, so I'm biased.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nice.

You might want somebody to get some good head-on pictures of cornering to help guide your camber choices.

Norm
I normally use chalk on the sidewall and temp gauge after runs to check that

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Great news! Any trouble putting the power down? I realize it was raining - mine spins in 2nd going straight!

Camber plates are a great idea, and I think I'll get the MM ones for mine. But, with more grip in the dry the front end may gain traction faster than the rear. You're running a pretty stiff rear spring, so once the body starts to roll, it's pretty likely the front will roll more than the rear. The added neg camber from roll might solve your mid corner understeer. One caveat: I like a bit of understeer in a car this powerful, so I'm biased.
I actually ran in first! The course was tight and with the rain you couldn't go faster than 1st gear allows anyway. Other than when I was overdriving a little, it put power down really, really well. Very predictable.

I also like a little bit of understeer for this kind of car. Easy to neutralize with throttle.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
So I have been testing out some stuff for a while now.

Thinking about offering a 7/8" ISH front drop Linear spring in the 250lb/in neighborhood....

This would make a BMR spring combo something like:

250lb/in Front Linear (7/8" Drop)
980lb/in Rear Linear (1/2" Drop)

Seems like this would be a homerun. Agree?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Thinking about offering a 7/8" ISH front drop Linear spring in the 250lb/in neighborhood....

Agreed. :thumbsup:... They'd be on my car if they existed in December!

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP

Could this be well-paired with the FP Track dampers?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
You guys keep in mind. Don't let the massive spring rates out back scare you.

It honestly doesn't take much to control these high rates in the back, with that .49X~ motion ratio.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase