Sponsored

Squared rim options for a performance pack?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I was originally going to sell my PP wheels with the brand new PZero's but when I did some digging, the price they would have fetched wasn't worth it to me. So I figure I'll drive the PZero's until they are near balled and then upgrade to better tires.

I do like the black PP wheels but I might upgrade those as well depending on the options and how they look and function.

Here's my question...

If I want to upgrade my 4 rims to a squared setup, what are the dimensions/specs of the rims I need to look for so that they will clear the front PP calipers and be a perfect fit for both front and rear on the PP GT?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was originally going to sell my PP wheels with the brand new PZero's but when I did some digging, the price they would have fetched wasn't worth it to me. So I figure I'll drive the PZero's until they are near balled and then upgrade to better tires.

I do like the black PP wheels but I might upgrade those as well depending on the options and how they look and function.

Here's my question...

If I want to upgrade my 4 rims to a squared setup, what are the dimensions/specs of the rims I need to look for so that they will clear the front PP calipers and be a perfect fit for both front and rear on the PP GT?

Thanks

-Emt1581
How wide? A 10" rim needs at least a +40 offset (or wider, i.e. smaller number) to clear. You will need a 19" rim for most of them to clear the PP brakes. Some of the 18" wheels available, but most are very expensive.

I'm pretty happy with my SVE Drifts, which are 19x9.5 and +35. They sit perfectly and allow for a 285/35 all around.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
There is no spec for brake clearance, so you can't just buy wheels based on their published specs.

You can have an acceptable width, diameter, and offset and still have the spokes or barrel hit the calipers. And the big PP brakes makes it particuarly susceptible to this.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
There is no spec for brake clearance, so you can't just buy wheels based on their published specs.

You can have an acceptable width, diameter, and offset and still have the spokes or barrel hit the calipers. And the big PP brakes makes it particuarly susceptible to this.
I see what you mean. But as the title says...I'm looking to see what rim options there are that will fit the GT w/PP in a squared off configuration.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Sponsored

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh

Chef jpd

Threads