Sponsored

Steeda S550 Differential Bushing Inserts - Urethane and Aluminum - Now Available!

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
damn im still waiting on these suckers to get here. the wait Is killing me. I just bought half shafts drag slicks injectors and an E85 tune. I hope these get here before those parts do. I have those parts on 2 day shipping. its been like a year waiting for these things to come in lol. its really only probably been like 4 days lol I think I ordered them Monday
Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
damn im still waiting on these suckers to get here. the wait Is killing me. I just bought half shafts drag slicks injectors and an E85 tune. I hope these get here before those parts do. I have those parts on 2 day shipping. its been like a year waiting for these things to come in lol. its really only probably been like 4 days lol I think I ordered them Monday
Hey bud pm me your order number so I can check on those for you!

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Definitely on the list of mods to come! Have a couple friends that have installed these along with sub bushings, springs, and vert links. Wheel hop gone according to them. Can't wait to get them ordered and on my car!

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Have you released the solo 90 durometer bushing kit yet? I'm having the aluminum ones put in next week but it would be good to know if I don't like them.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just installed these on my car yesterday. I put the black 90 durometer rubber inserts in.

The improvement is more than I thought it would be. Tires spin now instead of the rear end hopping.

Install is a bit more difficult with the exhaust in place and I had to lower the rear of the cradle as well as completely removing the front IRS cradle bolts. But otherwise not terrible. I recommend doing these when you're installing other parts back there (IRS bushing supports, alignment pins, etc).

There is an increase in NVH. I notice it mostly when turning slow (I have the torsen diff - not sure if that matters), but it's not annoying or anything like a rattle. Overall I'm pleased.

EDIT: I hear some additional gear wine from the rear when driving straight as well. We'll see how it is over the next few weeks. I won't have any time to make changes before then. If you are concerned about NVH probably want to go with the red inserts or another route altogether. Or cover it up with a loud exhaust.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Just installed these on my car yesterday. I put the black 90 durometer rubber inserts in.

The improvement is more than I thought it would be. Tires spin now instead of the rear end hopping.

Install is a bit more difficult with the exhaust in place and I had to lower the rear of the cradle as well as completely removing the front IRS cradle bolts. But otherwise not terrible. I recommend doing these when you're installing other parts back there (IRS bushing supports, alignment pins, etc).

There is an increase in NVH. I notice it mostly when turning (I have the torsen diff - not sure if that matters), but it's not annoying or anything like a rattle. Overall I'm pleased.
Good to hear! I am going with black instead of red.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Have you released the solo 90 durometer bushing kit yet? I'm having the aluminum ones put in next week but it would be good to know if I don't like them.

We should be able to break it out, if not just pm me when you're ready and I'll set you up with just the black bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrsexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 v8 5.0 automatic
Would tyou be having just the performance bushing only available if so when would this come out I want to just buy the black bushing only

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

I wanted to share with you a great new video providing an install of the Steeda S550 Differential Bushings Insert system:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]AxTmU_TuRAk[/MEDIA]"]

Would love to hear your feedback if you installed these on your S550!

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited:

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Made a big difference :thumbsup:
I went with the red just because I'm an old man :lol: my only concern is the bolts, rumour has them bracking :confused:

:cheers:

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Made a big difference :thumbsup:
I went with the red just because I'm an old man :lol: my only concern is the bolts, rumour has them bracking :confused:

:cheers:
The bolts are very strong & durable ... grade 10.9 hardware is included with zinc-plated washers.

You will be very happy with your purchase.

Best Regards,

TJ

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hi everyone,

Our engineering team has been hard at work developing new upgrades for your S550, and we're really excited about our two innovative differential bushing inserts!:

Steeda S550 Mustang Adjustable Differential Bushing Insert System - Urethane (2015 All)

Steeda S550 Mustang Race Differential Bushing Insert System - Aluminum (2015 All)

Steeda S550 Mustang Differential Bushing Insert System - Street to Full Race Combo Kit (2015 All)

Adjustable Differential Bushing Insert System - Urethane 555-4439, $99.95:

When our engineers sat down to design this kit, we had to come up with a way to increase performance without sacrificing an ounce of drivability, all while keeping the car quiet.

Unlike our competitors' kits that will absolutely increase NVH (noise, vibration, harshness), take 3-4 hours to install and force you to permanently modify the rear IRS suspension with a sawzall, Steeda’s does not! Our kit installs in under 1 hour, adds ZERO increase in NVH, is adjustable and can be easily removed - it simply doesn’t get any better than this!

Minimize pinion angle changes, increase traction, eliminate wheel hop and differential deflection with Steeda's new kit. Made from high-strength urethane to our exact specifications and durometers, our kit comes with 2 different bushing options - red 'street' 80 durometer bushings and our black 'performance' 90 durometer bushings. Both bushing options will increase performance with no increase in NVH, a Steeda-exclusive.

Steeda’s kit adds the strength and support the OEM bushings need to perform the way our customers intended. Once again, this is not a permanent modification - there is no drilling, cutting or pressing required. Simply loosen and remove a couple bolts and this kit installs in less than 1 hour. Bushings are included for both the front and rear differential mounting locations in addition to grade 10.9 hardware with zinc-plated washers.

Steeda S550 Mustang Adjustable Differential Bushing Insert System - Urethane (2015 All)

steeda-differential-bushings-inserts-system_zpsc9tag7pd.jpg

Race Differential Bushing Insert System - Aluminum 555-4440, $94.95:

We also knew we needed a kit for the hardcore racers out there! Made in-house from billet 6061 aluminum, this is not a permanent modification - there is no drilling, cutting or pressing required. Simply loosen and remove a couple bolts and this kit installs in less than 1 hour. Aluminum bushings are included for both the front and rear differential mounting locations in addition to grade 10.9 hardware with zinc-plated washers.

Please note: This is a race-only part. It will increase NVH and gear noise.

Steeda S550 Mustang Race Differential Bushing Insert System - Aluminum (2015 All)

steeda-differential-bushings-inserts-system-alum_zpsam3ojsfw.jpg

Steeda S550 Mustang Differential Bushing Insert System - Street to Full Race Combo Kit 555-4442, $169.95:

For those of you that would like a complete one-stop shop street to full race kit which provides interchangeability options for both urethane and aluminum bushing inserts, we have the perfect combo kit. For the small amount more the Steeda kit will cost you, you will be saving so much more on labor (over 3 hours) when comparing to competitors' kits. Here's a link to our combo kit 555-4442.

steeda-differential-bushings-inserts-system-full-race-combo-kit_zps4wqoa40l.jpg

Video Comparison:

Here at Steeda, we welcome competition. Why? Because it continually pushes us to be better and ultimately provide the best end-product for you our customers.
-No universal bushings in the Steeda Kit
-Steeda bushings are designed for individual locations, and provide the most surface area therefore giving you the most support
-Universal bushing allows for an air cavity in the front mounting location reducing support. Also the extra slots provide less support for the diff.
-Steeda offers two different durometers of urethane bushings, for street and track. The beauty of this is, depending on how Ford shimmed the rear end, some might choose the softer or the harder bushings. Allowing for the customer to adjust the kit to his or her driving style.
-We also offer billet aluminum bushings that are designed properly for each location. This is the hardcore version.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
the website has and ecoboost version as well. What the difference between the ecoboost and GT bushing?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
the website has and ecoboost version as well. What the difference between the ecoboost and GT bushing?
It uses a square insert on the side of the NVH damper.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have the aluminum ones and used the red ones, prior. I am not easy on my car. No bent bolts with standard hardware, no other issues. I upgraded to the 12.9 hardware when I put in the aluminum inserts, which wasn't necessary but something that was convenient to do at the time since I was taking bolts out anyway. Believe it's a 12mm hex socket you will need for the upgraded hardware (which you probably won't have). I'll have to double check that. I later through-bolted the front diff mounts with the aluminum inserts because I accidentally stripped the threads in one of the front bushings due to a torque wrench that wasn't working (well, Steeda did the through-bolt work for me). The aluminum inserts don't induce THAT MUCH noise; certainly less than I anticipated. I mean full throttle, sure... you'll hear the diff whine. But driving along and regular day-to-day it's not bad at all. The difference is hrottle feels more rapid and car feels more rigid at full throttle - very subjective, but I like it. Red inserts made at least 80% of the difference the aluminum inserts made with much less NVH.
Sponsored