Sponsored

Yet Another "My exhaust is too loud" Thread

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Installed SP Catless LT's mated to Corsa sport. So its loud as balls. Little too much attention grabbing for my liking. Even partial throttle is nearly ear piercing. Found the MF Dual 3" resonator. Any one used this on a similar set up? Don't want to kill the Corsa sound but the volume needs to come down a bit.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they will help. I have their 11386 dual 2.5" with the sport axleback (Xtreme mufflers) and it's just about as loud as the sport catback

What did you expect going to catless headers? I don't get the catless headers guys who daily drive. It stinks, it's loud AF. For a racecar? Go nuts, but even then a lot of tracks wouldn't allow the noise levels.

OP
OP
5.oh

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Yes they will help. I have their 11386 dual 2.5" with the sport axleback (Xtreme mufflers) and it's just about as loud as the sport catback
Did you notice a change in tone or just Volume?

I don't get the catless headers guys who daily drive.
Me either.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Installed SP Catless LT's
What did you expect going to catless headers? I don't get the catless headers guys who daily drive. It stinks, it's loud AF.
I lol'd when I read Installed SP Catless LT's. No offense, but what did you expect? Either install a high-flow cat or if you want to stay catless, you'll need to install a resonator.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Resonators will help and are cheap.

Matt

Sponsored

OP
OP
5.oh

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
No offense, but what did you expect?
None taken. Maybe you missed the intent of the thread. I knew it was going to be loud (not my first catless car). However, I wanted to see what it was going to be like before getting a resonator. My question was not whether or not I should get a resonator but rather if anyone had any experience with a similar set up, catless LT's, x pipe to mufflers, and had a similar resonator. The question was if the resonator changed the tone of the exhaust of just the volume.

I've dug around through threads and most people only talk about the Volume and not tone. Many others installed catted LT's so things were a little different.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have to wonder what my Borla Touring (not Ford Racing by Borla Touring, but the Borla Touring exhaust with their center resonator) would sound like with catless LT's.

I like it a lot as just a catback exhaust on my car. I just wanted something that wouldn't be hugely annoying to my neighbors and be maybe twice the volume of stock at WOT, and that's pretty much what it does.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I had that setup when I first installed my SP headers and Corsa sport catback. I shortly there after purchased the SW high flow cats and that tamed the raspy/tinny sound the exhaust had and now sounds more mellow and deep at partial throttle. I have thought about installing some small bullet resonators to take some more of the WOT rasp sound out of the exhaust.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I had 9 inch round mufflers welded into the resonator delete. Sound is more liveable with little to no performance lost

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Did you notice a change in tone or just Volume?

Me either.
Well I came from the stock resonator so it was a big improvement in tone. It sounds like the Xtreme but quieter and just a little deeper. You'll retain most of the tone if not all. The other thing I wanted to try (and may still) is adding a second X behind it, specifically the Jones SXP4SS, which is by far the best of the generic X-pipes out there after doing a bunch of research. The 3" version is SXP6SS.

Sponsored

kanniiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Ebony Black
I just installed SP catted LTH with the corsa xtreme Monday and I was wondering the same thing. I can probably manage the system as-is but if the resonators do not change the tone or performance, I would think about it cause I basically cannot go WOT lol....

Also, are there any bolt on options? I am not familiar with resonators other than the stock suitcases.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I just installed SP catted LTH with the corsa xtreme Monday and I was wondering the same thing. I can probably manage the system as-is but if the resonators do not change the tone or performance, I would think about it cause I basically cannot go WOT lol....

Also, are there any bolt on options? I am not familiar with resonators other than the stock suitcases.
FWIW, Borla's center resonator in the Borla Touring catback is very lightweight compared to stock and is straight-through.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, Borla's center resonator in the Borla Touring catback is very lightweight compared to stock and is straight-through.
The stock resonator is also straight through. It just doesn't cross flow very well.

5.0Nasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Triple Yellow Eco Vert
I'm one of these weird DD catless long tube guys. It definitely isn't for everyone
Sponsored