Sponsored

Brake squeal

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
How many of you guys with the performance package have had extremely annoying squealing from the brakes or turning the wheel? Mine is driving me nuts. I just saw there is a tsb out for it 15-0030. Wondering who else has dealt with this and if ford gave you a hard time
Sponsored

Johnymancool

Wavy` JJ Thrilla`
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JmC
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoosT PP Red Race
Same here !!!

How many of you guys with the performance package have had extremely annoying squealing from the brakes or turning the wheel? Mine is driving me nuts. I just saw there is a tsb out for it 15-0030. Wondering who else has dealt with this and if ford gave you a hard time
I had the same problem as well since first i got the car. it the pp pack also went to ford for 1st service they said it quite normal they said different pad brakes option might help but haven't tried that yet tho !!! :shrug::shrug:

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I just picked mine up from service for the same reason, but, previous owner had installed drilled and slotted rotors with the stock pads. Dealer said that it was glazing but nothing they could do since they don't have a ceramic option for PP brakes and because of the rotors, the TSB doesn't apply. So I'm going the aftermarket route for the pads, hopefully that quiets them, will probably try the hawk pads, otherwise $500 to restore front brakes to factory. BTW, only squeals when coasting to a stop and slight brake applied.

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
This recall affects all of the early GT brakes. I have a '15 EB PP as well and experienced this issue at a few thousand miles. Ford swapped the rotors and pads and I haven't had a chirp since.

Go ahead and take it in.. the noise will get worse!

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Have it when slowly coming to the end of a stop.

Learned to ignore it. Seems to be getting better as it gets warmer anyway.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Have a non-pp car, but upgraded to GT brakes. The only time I've heard squealing was for a minute or two after it rains.

16EBPPAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB PP Auto Yellow
2016 PP

Never herd any squeal on the 2016 PP. Brakes are stock.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I had the problem. Took it in to the dealer and they took care of it under TSB 15-0030, no questions asked. They replaced the rotors and pads. i think I was around 5k miles. The TSB covers the GT (not PP) and the EB PP built on or before 2/11/15. Mine was built on 2/9/15.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
I had the problem. Took it in to the dealer and they took care of it under TSB 15-0030, no questions asked. They replaced the rotors and pads. i think I was around 5k miles. The TSB covers the GT (not PP) and the EB PP built on or before 2/11/15. Mine was built on 2/9/15.
Thanks for posting that. I have never had any issues, but I'm built in June or July of '16.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I've extremely loud squealing on my 2017 PP that only came about this winter and only happens in the morning when the brakes are cold. It usually goes away by the 3rd-4th stop sign, but the first 2 brakings are is louder than any brakes I've ever heard! I'll have to get a video of it in the morning.

Sponsored

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I had terrible squeaking on my last audi. I usually have great luck with coating the back of the pads with anti-sieze. But then I had good luck with the sticky spray squeal stop on the audi. Either should help a lot.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Mine squeal about 50% of the time. 8k miles.

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
Mine squeal when cold, or wet 29k miles.
They still stop on a dime though.

p0werslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/PP
An additional solution that incidentally solved my squeeling problem, was taking the car to the track for an hour! A few hard pushes of the brakes seem to have sorted it out.

OP
OP
Phil@JDM

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
Just picked up the car from Ford. Gave me new rotors and pads and didn't give me a hard time at all. So far so good.
Sponsored