Sponsored

Window will not go up all the way

..::Ryan::..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic
I took my car in to get the AC serviced under warranty about a month ago, and ever since I picked up the car, I noticed there has been an increase in interior wind sound when driving. I didn't put much thought into it until I got around the washing the car about a week ago, when I noticed that there was soap on the inside of the driver side window. Needless to say, it looks like the window is not going up all the way. The only thing I can think of is that when they serviced the car previously, they had the door open when they disconnected the battery, then subsequently had the door closed when the reconnected the battery. Perhaps this led the door to believe that the window was in the top most position. I looked in the owners manual but didn't see any specific reference to this. I've tried a few tricks that were suggested on earlier years, but none of the proved to be successful. Anyone had this issue, or know what I can do to 'reset' it?
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
To reset:

Door open......drop the window to its lowest setting......keep finger on button and wait for a click....then window all the way up and wait for click.

The click, in both instances, should be heard after a second or two.

:)

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
To reset:

Door open......drop the window to its lowest setting......keep finger on button and wait for a click....then window all the way up and wait for click.

The click, in both instances, should be heard after a second or two.

:)
Should have done it with doors closed I think.

OP
OP

..::Ryan::..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic
I've tried that with both the door open, and the door closed, but it does not seem to resolve the issue.

Here is a pic of how much of a gap there is with the door open. When it is closed, it sits barely above that bottom lip.
IMG_2397.png

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Ryan,

This is the procedure listed in the Helm manual:

Power Door Window Initialization

Initialization

1. WARNING: Before beginning any service procedure in this manual, refer to health and safety warnings in section 100-00 General Information. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.

NOTE: This step is only necessary for an existing window regulator motor. If installing a new window regulator motor, proceed to Step 2.

To initialize an existing window regulator motor, the motor must first be de-initialized. This can be accomplished by disconnecting the battery cable or window motor fuse while the window is operating. After the motor has been de-initialized, reconnect the battery cable or fuse before proceeding to the following step.

2. WARNING: Keep objects and body parts clear of the glass panel when carrying out the initialization procedure. During the initialization procedure, the glass panel closes with high force and cannot detect objects in its path. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.

NOTE: The door MUST be closed during this procedure (for convertibles, the top and quarter glass must be in the CLOSED and UP position) in order for the door window motor to initialize.

With the door window in the fully OPEN position, press and hold the window control switch in the UP position at the second detent until the window glass stalls into the glass top run for at least 2 seconds. Release the switch.

3. Press and hold the window control switch in the DOWN position at the second detent until the window glass stalls at the bottom of its travel for at least 2 seconds.

4. Cycle the window glass up and down once more to set the window soft stop for the DOWN position.

5. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch up and one-touch down features.