Sponsored

Misfire after cold start

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I installed pre-gapped Denso ITV22 spark plugs about a month ago. Friday my check engine light came and stayed on for about 30 miles. I had the code checked and it was "P0300 Random misfire". It did not indicate which cylinder. I had noticed after I installed my exhaust a slight miss in the mornings when I would start her, but didn't think much about it. The stock exhaust was too quiet to hear. I started to really listen after I pulled the error code. Today I was listening after a cold start and noticed that it misfires until the engine warms up and then seems to go away. After getting home from work (45 minute drive) I listened for a couple minutes and didn't hear any misses.

Is this an issue with the Denso plugs on my non-tuned EB? Should I roll back to the stock plugs?
Sponsored

Sponsored

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
My ecoboost has always had a slight miss fire on cold starts and now after all the upgrades and tunes it's still there lol I never gotten a code for it though

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Did you check the plugs?

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
i doubt its related but when i had a code for p0300 my dealer told me it was a fake code and that the pcm needed to be updated. just take it in for service.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
Did you check the plugs?
Na it's been doing it since the car had 7 miles. Then after 5k miles I did all the upgrades including plugs and it still does it. Also my data logs show perfect ignition corrections on all 4 plugs.

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
i doubt its related but when i had a code for p0300 my dealer told me it was a fake code and that the pcm needed to be updated. just take it in for service.
I'm doing that tomorrow. If there is something wrong it'll be fixed under warranty.
Little tired of taking it in to the dealer. This is the 5th time since I bought the car.

Sponsored

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
I'm doing that tomorrow. If there is something wrong it'll be fixed under warranty.
Little tired of taking it in to the dealer. This is the 5th time since I bought the car.
make sure you stick back the motorcraft plugs

Btor23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Had the same problem. car idles the same but does not throw a code anymore :shrug:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
I had a built motor put in and now I get the same thing. Its only on the occasional cold start. I clear the code and its fine for a couple days. I don't think its anything to worry about, but it sure is annoying.
Sponsored