Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Several people are trying to find a way to deactivate the Active Noise Control for several reasons. I found two videos that show exactly how to do it:

[ame]

[ame]

I did it already - it's really easy.

Here is the process and my advice: Be gentle with the headliner. Carefully insert one hand under the center of the headliner and start moving towards one end. If you look carefully you will see that there is a strong magnet and a clip that keep one of the sides of the headliner attached to the roof. Lift your fingers so that you push the headliner down. Insert your other hand under the center, move it towards the other side and do the same. Do not pull aggressively the headliner down at the center as you might destroy it. If you look carefully you will see the mic as shown on the videos - simply unplug it. That's it, the Active Noise Control of your car is off!

Tip: This might be useful for those who have loud exhausts, as this will help reduce the drone. Also, disabling the active noise control will improve the sound that comes out of the car stereo.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Several people are trying to find a way to deactivate the Active Noise Control for several reasons. I found two videos that show exactly how to do it:

I did it already - it's really easy.

Here is the process and my advice: Be gentle. Carefully insert one hand under the center of the headliner and start moving towards one end. If you look carefully you will see that there is a strong magnet and a clip that keep one of the sides of the headliner attached to the roof. Lift your fingers so that you push the headliner down. Insert your other hand under the center, move it towards the other side and do the same. Do not pull aggressively the headliner down at the center as you might destroy it. If you look carefully you will see the mic as shown on the videos - simply unplug it. That's it, the Active Noise Control of your car is off!

Tip: This might be useful for those who have loud exhausts, as this will help reduce the drone. Also, disabling the active noise control will improve the sound that comes out of the car stereo.
Huh? Somebody in the As-Built thread on the DIY section of the forum posted up a way to do it via Forscan. You can disable it by changing a few numbers.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I guess this is another way to do it. It's good to have choices and share knowledge!

Reactions: Ebm

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I guess this is another way to do it. It's good to have choices and share knowledge!
Very true. Thanks for the write up man.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Gently pull headliner down at rear glass(in the middle), disconnect two wire connection...Not rocket surgery.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Whatever...

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
No need to act like that dude. He was trying to be helpful. Not everybody on this forum is a mechanic or knows what they are doing. Chill...

Also, the software route is below for anybody with Forscan...

Disable fake engine noise on EcoBoost models
ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks EBM.

By the way, I will also take a look at Forscan to see how it works.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Apologies....I woke up in a douche bag mood. Thanks for taking the time to post the video of a good and free mod.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
No problem :cheers:

Sponsored

ATLDesigns550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
craigbrimanson.myportfolio.com
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost
Did this a while back. Love the natural sound so much better.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I like it too. With the MBRP Race exhausts the sound is fantastic!

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
One other benefit of doing this is reduced harmonic resonance inside the car from aftermarket parts which the factory didn't account for.

I have a catless downpipe installed and between 2700-3200 rpm there was a very pronounced harmonic humming/vibration that would keep getting louder if the revs were kept in that range. It was on my list of things to address.

I disconnected the mic under the headliner just to see what it sounded like without it and remarkably the harmonic noise/vibration is gone. I mean completely gone. It was apparently picked up by the Active Noise Control, which wasn't tuned for such things, and amplified for whatever reason.

Engine still sounds meh, but that's not why I bought this car anyway.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Where is the connector on a convertible?
On the convertible the Active Noise Control mic is located in the map light panel. If you gently pull down the 'map light box' (near the rear-view mirror); look about 2 inches left of center for a black plastic 'box'. Its about the size of a postage stamp and about 3/8" thick. It'll have a simple and tiny positive/negative harness plug that is separated from the other wiring harnesses. Simply unplug, slip in back into place, and put the map light box back.
Sponsored