Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I've been helping a friend with his Shelby find traction after he installed a cobra jet intake w/ JLT and tune. The BMR lca's & panhard helped but I believe new struts and shocks are needed as well? He's looking at the newer GT 500's and is tired of building his I believe. Mickey Thompson's help but he knows not to drive those in the rain and is perplexed as he enjoy's light to light street action. What should I do? Now I'm perplexed.:frusty: He uses these Nitto's for now on the street.
tn_DSCN1298.JPG
Sponsored

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
What exactly are you looking for? Tire / suspension recommendations? Ways to make more power?

OP
OP
Coyote Red

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Power to the ground

Thank's yea, suspension. I am trying to help the pony's grip as it spins too much, maybe it's a "Driver Mod" he's my age 55 or so, I'd think he knows how by now. I went for a test hit to watch the gauges and listen and it makes all the right sounds and such. I have recommended Viking rear shocks and Strange 10 ways for the front, but he hasn't responded as of yet. Oh he did American Racing header's with BMRP 3" cat back off road. He has an Eaton supercharger.
tn_DSCN1302.JPG

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Sticky tires are your only hope on a hopped-up GT500 since the LCAs have already been addressed. Shocks will help a bit for weight transfer, but traction increase won't be dramatic without better tires.

Mine was completely tractionless at ~540 to the tire on regular street rubber....
Sponsored