Sponsored

Can you smell your engine when you park it?

curtsmith17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I read somewhere on here that its most likely the catalytic converters on these cars that smell. Specially after some spirited driving.
Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Mine does this only after driving it hard, which is not very often. But still did it after 10K miles.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Never did. Except now I smell underbody coating burning that the dumbdumb tech got on parts of the exhaust.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
New cars do this, but only at first. Should not smell anything after a couple thousand miles. Maybe my shit Ford leaks oil when I push it. Was a Ford fan. Ford is losing me... And I'm trying to hang on.

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
My car has 1800 miles on it. If i drive it hard which is almost always i can smell it inside of the car. Kinda smells like im driving behind a diesel truck whos rolling coal. I dont mind the smell but it does take a while to go away. My girlfriend says it makes her nauseous. Im in the process of finding a new girlfriend.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
My car has 1800 miles on it. If i drive it hard which is almost always i can smell it inside of the car. Kinda smells like im driving behind a diesel truck whos rolling coal. I dont mind the smell but it does take a while to go away. My girlfriend says it makes her nauseous. Im in the process of finding a new girlfriend.
wise choice

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
One with allergies, they are always congested so no problems.
Sponsored