2017 Ecboost where do i start

OP
OP

dunesdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
The cat helps some but the real culprit is the 3" tubing. It's still going to be loud unfortunately
I don't really mind the sound. The only reason I'm going catted is to avoid getting pulled over by the cops and getting a ticket for not running cats. Im moving to VA in 2 months and i heard that they are very strict over there .
Sponsored

lightNfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Red Ecoboost 6sp
No reason not to do the intercooler now, and it really needs to be the first mod. No way a dealer could deny warranty because a better intercooler is installed, and I've never heard of that happening.

Thanks for the opinion. I'll investigate its truth and get back to you guys. I think you have a good point. I will say my sources so far have suggested that it is adequate for now.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Thanks for the opinion. I'll investigate its truth and get back to you guys. I think you have a good point. I will say my sources so far have suggested that it is adequate for now.
Never underestimate the power of stupid at some dealers. They can deny work for any reason they want and will. I've personally had that happen to me (would not work on rattle in cabin because I had mufflers installed -- next dealer worked on issue, no problem).

If you perform an internet search, there are many reasons they would deny work for an intercooler.

Best bet might be to simply have a discussion with your dealer to see if they would have an issue with it.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I'd recommend using others opinions regarding warranty as just that, they are our opinions. The best way to get the answer for your wallet is first read the warranty for yourself because trust me, some of the service personnel at the dealers don't understand the warranty either. After reading the warranty, talk to the service manager, not a service adviser or shop foreman and discuss what you want to do with them and ask if it will effect your warranty. The service manager at the dealer I go to said the FMIC and CC will not void the warranty UNLESS they cause a problem. For example, I install a CC and never empty it. I'm sure with a quick inspection they could tell what happened. Or I installed an aftermarket FMIC and something came loose in the core and damaged something, Ford wouldn't and shouldn't cover that. But if those parts were in good working order, there is nothing that would make them cause a problem. If anything, they are both improved safety for the engine.
Sponsored