Sponsored

2017 Ecboost where do i start

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I made a video of the exhaust setup on my car and put that on youtube. That is probably the extent of anything I ever do. I'm not looking to be the next PewDiePie.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dunesdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
Wow did not expect the stock intercooler to be that bad. Im definitely gonna add the CP-e or Mishimoto intercooler to my list

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Glenn here on the forum has an amazingly informative post. TheLion as well. If someone (or myself) find the link to said post i will add it for you. long posts worth the read 100%

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Hey everyone,

I just received my mustang, and i wanna know what should i do to it in terms of aftermarket parts. I already plan on getting the lethal performance down pipe, resonator delete pipe and the MBRP street series exhaust. However , i am not sure if the oil catch can is a must since iv read somewhere that the 2017's do not need one. I am currently still deciding between the Cobb and SCT, I know that the Cobb has more options but their are more people who tune on SCT if i plan on getting a Dyno tune in the future.

Thanks

Seem to be going backwards. Get used to the car, first. Second, invest in some minimal protection by getting a catch can. Then shop for a tune, then change your exhaust. Getting a downpipe will just throw a CEL and confuse the load parameters on the stock ECU.

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Seem to be going backwards. Get used to the car, first. Second, invest in some minimal protection by getting a catch can. Then shop for a tune, then change your exhaust. Getting a downpipe will just throw a CEL and confuse the load parameters on the stock ECU.
I agree with that however I couldn't stay stock exhaust for long. But I of course went backwards. Intercooler was last cuz my dumbass wasn't on the forums. I'd say first step, join the forums. UPR, intercooler, lifetime tune, turbo back, airaid tube/green filter. If I were to do over of course. Intercooler sun bathed in Cali last summer (stock) so that sucked..

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm definitely doing it backwards. Did the Steeda shifter and trans bushings first, then exhaust, intercooler goes in this weekend and catch can probably next weekend. But I don't care, I had to change the exhaust. Might not make the car any faster, but it makes sounds like it means business.
I'm in the process of selling my home and starting contruction on a new one, I won't tune until after we're settled in the new home in around 6 months. Need to have that new engine fund, just in case my Spanish motor decides to toss a rod.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
For those still wondering about catch cans, I emptied mine today. 3000 miles of winter driving... yuck.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Yeah it always looks worse in the winter with the moisture in it. Summer will look better.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn. I'm glad the injection cleans things up. I need a can bad

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I've got a 2017 and put a catch can in, yes it still catches crap. You need one with a 2017 too.

lightNfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Red Ecoboost 6sp
I'm in a similar boat dunesdude, but I want to maintain the warranty at least till mine is paid off a little more. I decided to do FP tune, and mbrp race cat-back first. When the warranty is up, I'll move to do the intercooler and catless downpipe (with new tune). I think I might regret my decision to get the race mbrp which will likely be too loud with a catless downpipe (I love loud, but daily driving seems like it might be distracting in some circumstances).

Do you run into warranty issues with a cc? Seems like it would only help protect it, but anything remotely engine related seems to threaten it.

I'm stuck between doing CF5 wheels or a cervini's stalker hood for next upgrade (i.e. traction/looks vs front fascia). Since seeing a pic from jbailer, I find myself day dreaming about that darn hood! lol I'm pretty much out of engine options till I'm comfortable voiding my warranty

OP
OP

dunesdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
I'm in a similar boat dunesdude, but I want to maintain the warranty at least till mine is paid off a little more. I decided to do FP tune, and mbrp race cat-back first. When the warranty is up, I'll move to do the intercooler and catless downpipe (with new tune). I think I might regret my decision to get the race mbrp which will likely be too loud with a catless downpipe (I love loud, but daily driving seems like it might be distracting in some circumstances).

Do you run into warranty issues with a cc? Seems like it would only help protect it, but anything remotely engine related seems to threaten it.

I'm stuck between doing CF5 wheels or a cervini's stalker hood for next upgrade (i.e. traction/looks vs front fascia). Since seeing a pic from jbailer, I find myself day dreaming about that darn hood! lol I'm pretty much out of engine options till I'm comfortable voiding my warranty
I just ordered the MBRP race catback. The only reason I got the race version instead of the street is that I'm going with a catted downpipe instead of the off-road. However, i will install the catback for now and do the tune and the rest of the bolt-ons once i reach 5k miles.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered the MBRP race catback. The only reason I got the race version instead of the street is that I'm going with a catted downpipe instead of the off-road. However, i will install the catback for now and do the tune and the rest of the bolt-ons once i reach 5k miles.
The cat helps some but the real culprit is the 3" tubing. It's still going to be loud unfortunately

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I'm in a similar boat dunesdude, but I want to maintain the warranty at least till mine is paid off a little more. I decided to do FP tune, and mbrp race cat-back first. When the warranty is up, I'll move to do the intercooler and catless downpipe (with new tune).
No reason not to do the intercooler now, and it really needs to be the first mod. No way a dealer could deny warranty because a better intercooler is installed, and I've never heard of that happening.
Sponsored