Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
What? Joanna Gaines hasn't tossed a few pillows and hung some cast iron lamps around town?
they brought in great tourist dollars, but in general they are a PITA if you ask any contractors.

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Houston sucks, stay away!!!!! Majority of people are aholes and don't have any respect for others or their belongings.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I'm a fellow refugee from New Jersey (grew up in Neptune City, about twenty minutes from Colts Neck - I do very much miss Delicious Orchards).

I moved to South Carolina about 4.5 years ago, and it's the best decision I've ever made. You will NOT be disappointed!

JR
Yeah, I know where Neptune is, drive by there on my way to Asbury

What was South Carolina like, had a WoW buddy who moved from Cali to there and loved it, but curious what the Jersey perspective would be

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I think Beaumont is very underrated and worth a visit. But it's got a bad rep in the state. Most people tell me they're sorry when I admit I'm from there.

Be advised the chicks in Btown can be kind of haggard looking and bitchy but the latinas are next level stuff. No matter they are all DTF. That was my biggest adjustment when I moved to South Florida the chics were not as promiscuous. I really had to work for my lunch down there. Beaumont, they fall in your lap.
All DTF huh? I'm single and always looking for a good time, I'll look for the Latina's :)

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
Pretend Houston is Manhattan.. so the farther you are away from Houston, the better.
Houston sucks, stay away!!!!! Majority of people are aholes and don't have any respect for others or their belongings.

X3 screw H-Town. Only good for Tx2k

North of Dallas area is awesome place to live.

SA person here, city is o.k. but I like New Braunfels.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Yeah, I know where Neptune is, drive by there on my way to Asbury

What was South Carolina like, had a WoW buddy who moved from Cali to there and loved it, but curious what the Jersey perspective would be
I moved away before Asbury became the hot spot (I used to get in trouble with my parents for walking home from the Stone Pony after shows in high school), but I've been there for a couple nights in the last few years. Everybody loves Porta, but I couldn't stand it - couldn't get service there! Wonder Bar is always awesome, though.

I love South Carolina. I live in the town just north of Charleston, and it's gorgeous. It's cheaper than NJ, but not at much as you'd expect. I'm selling a 2000 sq foot townhouse right now for $345k that would go for $700k in Princeton, and I pay $1200 a year in property taxes, but SC figures out a way to get you for every little thing. Having no vehicle inspection is awesome, but you also get people driving 1984 K-cars with bald tires, a broken windshield, and the muffler hanging off, so it's not all it's cracked up to be. Honestly, I'd be happy if they started mandating safety inspections. When you buy a car, you pay $300 sales tax, which is capped by the state, then each year, you pay the county a property tax. My 2016 GT/PP cost me like $400 when last I paid, so eventually, you pay the same tax on the vehicle as you'd pay in NJ, you just can't roll it into the loan. Other than that, the jobs market here is booming, salaries are high, people are friendly, the weather is AWESOME, Charleston is beautiful, the girls are VERY good looking (if you're single - I'm happily married), and if you want to live in the middle of nowhere for next to nothing, you can, then you can commute 45 minutes to a high paying job closer to the city!

ETA: One big drawback, there are NO tracks within 100 miles that are worth going to. You have to go up to Myrtle Beach or down to Savannah for a decent track. Dorchester Dragway is pretty shitty.

JR

Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
san antonio or austin both nice places and lots to do downtown unlike houston, i lived in houston 15 years and it sucks, but definitely plenty of jobs, also houston weather is the worst. i remember my first time in san antonio during 1am-3am i wasnt afraid of walking through the city unlike houston, which was a relieft and made me like the city. Austin is really clean! was my first inpression of it and lots of young people and food places from everywhere! my first time in college was there and first time riding metro buses so it felt very city like for me and why i liked it, watch out for bicyclists though! ive seen traffic there and it can get congested, but nowhere near as houston! especially with year round construction every year!

although i am 15 min away from tx2k17!

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I live in The Valley but work in Baytown right now. Work doesn't come as easy down here in he valley, but the area is awesome. One of the reasons why you looked Brownsville was because of the people. It's mainly Hispanics down here but we pretty much accept anyone as long as there good people. I've been to a lot of places due to work and I don't ever think I'll move from the valley.
Ps the valley is anywhere from South Padre Island to Roma, but I would stick anywhere from McAllen- Brownsville.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Lot depends on what you are thinkn work wise?
and what you like to do for fun?

Austin area is growing hella fast. Usually considered the go to town to visit when in high school if you dont live here. Or college, or after college...lol
Have lived all over Texas: Alpine, Ft Stockton, Midland, Dallas, Houston, College Station, Austin
Htown is by far most international city in Texas
Overall Texas is fairly business friendly

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
How about Corpus Christi.?. you'd be minutes from padre isle nat'l park. The coolest non-developed beach I've ever visited.
Sponsored