Sponsored

Any way to lower Insurance Points?

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Totaled my car in August and I was assessed 6 insurance points. In August of 2015 I was involved in a fender bender < $2,000 damage. I was assessed 4 insurance points.

My 6 month renewal came around and it's $700 more - $1,300 for a 6 month premium. I can't seem to get it any lower. I'm 30 and have a clean record other than those two accidents.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Here in Jersey you can take a safe driving course. That knocks off a couple points here.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Look around for a different insurance carrier and see what they offer. You'd be surprised sometimes jumping ship can save you some money. Progressive tried increase my policy by almost $200 a month going from my WRX to Mustang for no reason other than "this is because states require us to blah blah". Which was funny because I went to GEICO and my bill is now CHEAPER than it was with my WRX with more options.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Time...

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
$1300 every 6 months,your lucky,state farm took my insurance from $1300 a year to 2800 a year for one claim.I have no points,no tickets and 1 claim in 12 years.49 years old and my car had 5k miles on it and is 2.5 years old.Insurance is the biggest rip off!!!!,and maryland is one of the worst states for ripping people off.Now with all this sync and navigation i think they monitor data from your car without u knowing,i know they use sync to see how many miles u drive a year,so im sure it does not stol their.Right to privacy does not exists in this country anymore..

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Honestly, I would find a new state to live in. I ran a quote through GEICO for a new, financed 2017GT with comprehensive coverage (100/300k liability, $50k personal injury, stacked uninsured motorist coverage, $500 deductible, no rental reimbursement or road side assistance), and my Jeep with liability and the monthly premium came to be $120. I am 27 with no accidents and no tickets in under 7 years. I am maxxed out on discounts with them unfortunately, but there are several I could be eligible for.

If you sign up for a Navy Federal Credit Union membership, you will get a 10% discount with GEICO.

EasyBeingGreen

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard '15 GT Premium, 6MT, 20" Foundry Wheels
Honestly, I would find a new state to live in. I ran a quote through GEICO for a new, financed 2017GT with comprehensive coverage (100/300k liability, $50k personal injury, stacked uninsured motorist coverage, $500 deductible, no rental reimbursement or road side assistance), and my Jeep with liability and the monthly premium came to be $120. I am 27 with no accidents and no tickets in under 7 years. I am maxxed out on discounts with them unfortunately, but there are several I could be eligible for.

If you sign up for a Navy Federal Credit Union membership, you will get a 10% discount with GEICO.
In Florida, it's so cheap because they're just happy we actually have insurance, with the number of people here who don't even bother!

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
In Florida, it's so cheap because they're just happy we actually have insurance, with the number of people here who don't even bother!
Here in Southern Nevada we pay more due to the high number of uninsured drivers. At least that's what my insurance agent told me (which makes sense to me). Also, a lot of shitty drivers. :D

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Totaled my car in August and I was assessed 6 insurance points. In August of 2015 I was involved in a fender bender < $2,000 damage. I was assessed 4 insurance points.

My 6 month renewal came around and it's $700 more - $1,300 for a 6 month premium. I can't seem to get it any lower. I'm 30 and have a clean record other than those two accidents.
hard to say that you don't have any other issues except for two at fault accidents in a 12-24 month period including a full write off. Agree with others, you are lucky that your rates only went up as much as they did. You can shop around and look at other companies, that is probably the best bet, also make sure you don't get any speeding tickets. Unfortunately the accidents take 6-7years to come off your driving record so play it safe in the meantime.
Sponsored