bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I like when guys worry about stock times. Amusing.
Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
+1

And definitely not getting walked. Either way, who launches their car every time they're at a stoplight and some kid in his new commuter car wants to race?
I just can't see how anyone who likes performance cars could possibly want something that doesn't have an engine that purrs. The first thing people ask you to do after getting a sports car is to rev the engine, right?

That's how we humans are geared!

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I just can't see how anyone who likes performance cars could possibly want something that doesn't have an engine that purrs. The first thing people ask you to do after getting a sports car is to rev the engine, right?

That's how we humans are geared!
Indeed. But by time things will change and it will become normal. Generation keeps changing, maybe its hard to adapt at this point. I test drove a Tesla Model S P90D, and it felt so weird. It does have an amazing acceleration but its so annoying to hear only road and wind noise. People say how quiet those cars are but without an engine or exhaust tone, it actually felt louder on the inside. I could hear everything on the road.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Indeed. But by time things will change and it will become normal. Generation keeps changing, maybe its hard to adapt at this point. I test drove a Tesla Model S P90D, and it felt so weird. It does have an amazing acceleration but its so annoying to hear only road and wind noise. People say how quiet those cars are but without an engine or exhaust tone, it actually felt louder on the inside. I could hear everything on the road.
I get what you're saying.

But unless the world supply of crude dries up, I don't think performance car enthusiasts will fully make the transition. Maybe hybrid performance cars (maybe), but not full out electric.

Time will tell ...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I get what you're saying.

But unless the world supply of crude dries up, I don't think performance car enthusiasts will fully make the transition. Maybe hybrid performance cars (maybe), but not full out electric.

Time will tell ...
I hope when the crude runs out in 300 or 700 years or whenever that they use hydrogen or ethanol or something similar for fuel rather than using electric. I hate electric power in a vehicle.

I suppose more likely than the crude running out is that it won't run out but the power hungry fascists will make it illegal to use gasoline. That could actually happen in our lifetimes - if we let it.

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
...I suppose more likely than the crude running out is that it won't run out but the power hungry fascists will make it illegal to use gasoline. That could actually happen in our lifetimes - if we let it.
If recent world events suggest anything, mankind will reject the eco-fascists and that will never happen. People can only be fooled for so long ...

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
... Stock times do matter to most people ...
Agreed, that's all I care about.

I lost interest in modding years ago, as anyone can mod a car to run anything.

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I like when guys worry about stock times. Amusing.
Stop, just stop.

No one is gonna buy a 40k sports car that'll do a 0-60 in 10 seconds.

Stock times do matter to most people. Get over it.

Agreed, that's all I care about.

I lost interest in modding years ago, as anyone can mod a car to run anything.
Yep...I think most of us here can keep both stock performance and modded performance in mind when forming an opinion. They both matter but they're completely different questions.

When you buy a $40k performance car, then drop $900 on headers, $500 on CAI/tune, $1000 on tires and blow your warranty in the process...you've entered a different kind of ownership.

My experience with electric power systems in model planes tells me that like hotrodding an IC system, you can vastly improve potential output so long as you appropriately match your battery to the kv of the motor, changing timing, etc...and most importantly, provide some additional cooling to accommodate the proportional and very predictable heat-waste given the efficiency of the system.

So you want to compare modded numbers, bluebeast? You're going to be disappointed. I have no doubt that building a derpy Mitsubishi i-MiEV that runs 10s in the 1/4 mile is just a matter of deciding to do it. The batteries are available, the motors are available, the speed controllers are available. The biggest challenge would be fitting the tires necessary to put down the torque.

2014-mitsubishi-i-miev-4-door-hb-es-angular-front-exterior-view_100460333_l.jpg

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
... I have no doubt that building a derpy Mitsubishi i-MiEV that runs 10s in the 1/4 mile is just a matter of deciding to do it.
One thing I learned from decades of racing at the drag strip, anyone can make anything fast.

I remember seeing snowmobiles running crazy fast quarter mile times, and another time an old station wagon was running similar times to a mildly modded mid '80's Mustang I had.

lol

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
One thing I learned from decades of racing at the drag strip, anyone can make anything fast.

I remember seeing snowmobiles running crazy fast quarter mile times, and another time an old station wagon was running similar times to a mildly modded mid '80's Mustang I had.

lol
Exactly...which is why comparing modded performance to modded performance is an incredibly difficult thing.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
Wow, I was unaware of this. That'd really suck. Glad that my car still makes max power even if I'm at 1/8th a tank.
This is the key. Take a fusion sport, AWD std, sub 6 sec 0-60 stock, can
get them now for a hair under (or right at) 30K.

If you ran an entire tank going full throttle from 0-70 every time you stopped
(impossible, as sometimes there is not enough space to get to 70), but lets say
you end up with 17 MPG. so 17 x 17.5 is still 300ish mile range.

Then you go grab a coffee for 4 minutes and do it all over again. Do this for years
and years and never be under a 300 mile range, no matter what. Oh and if you do go
over 300 miles, you just gas up anywhere in 4 minutes or less and drive like a total
maniac for another 300 miles.

It would be impossible to drive like that and not lose your lisc, but that is still how far
ahead the IC cars over todays (you can buy them right now) electrics. It's not even close
(for anywhere near the same money).

Yes, for $100+K you can buy almost the fastest 0-60 car in the world and that is commendable.
Still cant take it on a 400 mile round trip car ride without it being a nail biter, if you make it home
or not (even if you get the 80% charge in 20 minutes and I'd be annoyed having to wait event that long).

I don't ever want a car that has this kind of message traffic.........

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/whats-real-range-real-highway-speeds

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Who cares about the last few tenths of a second? A car should be about how it makes you feel and how involved you are in the process. If you're only interested in quarter mile times, buy an autonomous car that doesn't need a person to operate it and stand at the side - a toy radio control car could be great at quarter mile times with a few mods! Disappointing that some Mustang owners seem to have the same mentality to this as say Audi TT drivers!

Silver Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Procharged Auto Silver
that one high end version that could do a sub 4 second 0-60 will probably cost easy $60k.

im not gonna be too worried about a car that almost costs twice as mine being faster lol.

ill just supercharge it and leave them in the dust.
Tesla P100D is a $150,000 car with TT&L but will run 10.70's in the Qtr. right off the show room floor. One bad ass ride , I would have it but I would have to sell my house & live in it !
Sponsored