OP
OP
5.oh

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I only have the top three now. I sold the bottom three. The only expensive truck I own is the wife's ride. I buy most of my trucks really cheap. Wrecked, blown up, basket cases, or whatever. Then I build them by into what I want. If you count my time they probably aren't worth what I have in them but I enjoy doing it. I usually sell them and make a few bucks to get the next one.

I've towed with an F-150. Did it get me there? Sure. Does a 350 dually do it better and way more comfortable and more safely? Absolutely. When it comes to trucks I'm a Ford guy. I've had a few Dodge and Chevy trucks. You couldn't convince me to buy either of those two ever again. My worst Ford truck was 3 times the truck any of the others I've owned have been. Of coarse this is just my experience and I completely understand not everyone has had the same one.
Still 3 trucks lol

If I can find a f250 for the right price that's the way I'll go but don't want to spend too much for something that won't get worked a whole lot.
Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Still 3 trucks lol

If I can find a f250 for the right price that's the way I'll go but don't want to spend too much for something that won't get worked a whole lot.
Lol, guess it's a sickness. I just assumed everyone has at least 3 trucks...:lol::shrug:

Actually this is the least amount of vehicles I've ever owned. Three trucks and the Stang.

I would find a 99-03 Superduty with a 7.3. Even up into the 200k mile mark they are still dependable. A V-10 is a good puller too but will eat some gasoline... 5.4's just don't have enough ass for me.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lol, guess it's a sickness. I just assumed everyone has at least 3 trucks...:lol::shrug:

Actually this is the least amount of vehicles I've ever owned. Three trucks and the Stang.

I would find a 99-03 Superduty with a 7.3. Even up into the 200k mile mark they are still dependable. A V-10 is a good puller too but will eat some gasoline... 5.4's just don't have enough ass for me.
I've heard that diesels aren't the best engines to leave sitting a lot. Is that true? For an occasional use tow rig I would lean towards a gas engine. If you use it a lot I definitely agree with you that a diesel will pull better and be very reliable even with a lot of miles on the clock.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I've heard that diesels aren't the best engines to leave sitting a lot. Is that true? For an occasional use tow rig I would lean towards a gas engine. If you use it a lot I definitely agree with you that a diesel will pull better and be very reliable even with a lot of miles on the clock.
I've never had an issue that resulted from sitting that wouldn't have occurred on any vehicle left to sit too long, things like brakes and batteries. I really can't say for sure but I don't know what the issue would be.

Sponsored

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
It's an old pic, but the truck and trailer are still being used now. It's not fancy, but it gets the job done.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
We do still have both Mustangs, but we have stopped racing the red car. I am in the process of putting it back on the street. However I have too many projects and not enough time.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Nice, very cool. Is the red one a real Boss? If so 429 or 302?

Sponsored

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
Nice, very cool. Is the red one a real Boss? If so 429 or 302?
I wish!
It's just a plain jane fastback that the guy I bought the car from eons ago put Boss 302 stripes on because "it made it look cool." The only reason I havent taken them off yet is, because, well, it does make it look cool. LOL

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Used to tow with my '14 - she was perfect and handled the car and trailer with very little effort.

Dthn2Dv.jpg

Now I'll be towing with my new beauty.

RCjjCtI.jpg

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Does the job. :D

Indeed, I'm not sure why the (feigned?) hate for the Chevvies on here. I don't currently own a truck, but my future father-in-law has an 07 Silverado (pretty much a basic work truck: 2WD, regular cab, the smaller V8) and a custom-made trailer that he uses for hauling his old Porsches around, no problem. It's good to know I can borrow a truck and trailer if I need to. :)

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is my war horse. I have owned my Lightning since 2003. It has towed my race car and other peoples cars thousands of miles.

This was my friends car before he got rid of it.
Sponsored