Sponsored

Ford still sending the private cash coupons out?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I remember last year, it seemed totally randomized who got one and who didn't but if you asked for a brochure on the new Mustangs you might also get a $500 or $750 "private cash" coupon to use toward your purchase.

Do they still do that for the 6th gens or was that just for the first year or two?

Any change in it being randomized?...In other words, any trick/tip to get one?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I got one right after I signed up to receive updates a few weeks ago. Too bad it expires way before I will have the car...

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I got one right after I signed up to receive updates a few weeks ago. Too bad it expires way before I will have the car...
How long was it valid for? Is it still only valid for "in stock" vehicles (ie it makes sense to request the brocure a few weeks before you take delivery and finalize the deal?)

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long was it valid for? Is it still only valid for "in stock" vehicles (ie it makes sense to request the brocure a few weeks before you take delivery and finalize the deal?)
I'd like to know this as well.

After a TON of setbacks over the past year, I am finally in the market to buy one. However, I plan on doing it over the summer so I can put down a bigger payment. I believe the coupons are only good for a month or so. So I'll probably order a brochure in May.

My only concern is that, right now, they are giving a $2000 cash back, $750 owner loyalty and then another $500 for me since I'm an EMT (mil/first resp. bonus).... while most seem to say the incentives only get better throughout the year, I'm just hoping that's the case come summer.

-Emt1581

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I'd like to know this as well.

After a TON of setbacks over the past year, I am finally in the market to buy one. However, I plan on doing it over the summer so I can put down a bigger payment. I believe the coupons are only good for a month or so. So I'll probably order a brochure in May.

My only concern is that, right now, they are giving a $2000 cash back, $750 owner loyalty and then another $500 for me since I'm an EMT (mil/first resp. bonus).... while most seem to say the incentives only get better throughout the year, I'm just hoping that's the case come summer.

-Emt1581
I understand the desire (and intelligence of) for a larger down payment- bravo!

As to incentives, do NOT expect better ones or even the same this summer.... it is winter--Ford wants Mustangs off the lots, once spring hits and car boys get spring fever, cars will start selling and a lot of incentives will go away.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

As to incentives, do NOT expect better ones or even the same this summer.... it is winter--Ford wants Mustangs off the lots, once spring hits and car boys get spring fever, cars will start selling and a lot of incentives will go away.
Is that what happened the last two years?

I stopped paying attention when the bubble burst for me last year around April/May.

Around here at least it's been a rediculously mild winter (70 today!!). So I'm not sure how much of that spring fever you spoke of is going to kick in.

Thanks

-Emt1581

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Also, if you're already getting near 0% interest with a low down payment, you're not necessarily coming out ahead by putting more down.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is that what happened the last two years?

I stopped paying attention when the bubble burst for me last year around April/May.

Around here at least it's been a rediculously mild winter (70 today!!). So I'm not sure how much of that spring fever you spoke of is going to kick in.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Summer 2016, I thought I was getting an exceptional deal on my base Mustang GT for $27,400. I've seen that sales price on multiple base models, even $26,9xx during the past 2 months.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, if you're already getting near 0% interest with a low down payment, you're not necessarily coming out ahead by putting more down.
The rate I'm looking at is 2.49% which I'll probably do for 5 years.

If I paid it off in under 3 yrs I could get it for 1.49%.

But I'd rather pay the extra $200-$300 for the flexibility of making $250 or $1000 payments depending on what life throws at us instead of being locked in to a $500-$600 payment.

-Emt1581

Sponsored
OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Summer 2016, I thought I was getting an exceptional deal on my base Mustang GT for $27,400. I've seen that sales price on multiple base models, even $26,9xx during the past 2 months.
Right now, $27043 is the cheapest I'm seeing.

Where did you see $26.9k?

Thanks

-Emt1581

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
The closer to the 18MY release the better the deals on the 17's. Memorial Day seems to be a pretty big sale event for Ford with 0 for 72 etc.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The closer to the 18MY release the better the deals on the 17's. Memorial Day seems to be a pretty big sale event for Ford with 0 for 72 etc.
Moreso than Labor Day?

Thanks

-Emt1581

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Emt1581 I would also join the mustang club of America. You can get x plan which I believe you can combine with the other cash offers (in Canada this is the case). 0% is likely to go away soon also.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Emt1581 I would also join the mustang club of America. You can get x plan which I believe you can combine with the other cash offers (in Canada this is the case). 0% is likely to go away soon also.
Koons is likely where I'll be buying from and, last year at least, they blew the x-plan out of the water when looking at out the door cost.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored