Vs the ZL1.....

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
So I was reading a thread in another forum that showed detailed accounts of the new ZL1 (manual) in -100ft DA conditions. From what he has ran so far, it has been a best of 12.1 @ 122..... I know the auto will best that pretty easily, but I trapped a 123 in 1900 DA with the Roush 627 tune..... I was expecting at least a 125-129 trap out of it......... thoughts?
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
So I was reading a thread in another forum that showed detailed accounts of the new ZL1 (manual) in -100ft DA conditions. From what he has ran so far, it has been a best of 12.1 @ 122..... I know the auto will best that pretty easily, but I trapped a 123 in 1900 DA with the Roush 627 tune..... I was expecting at least a 125-129 trap out of it......... thoughts?
I've never seen a 5th gen ZL1 trap that high. 116 to 119 is more the norm. And we get negative 1200 DA in my area. If your referring to the 6th gen ZL1 the guy flat out cant drive.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I've never seen a 5th gen ZL1 trap that high. 116 to 119 is more the norm. And we get negative 1200 DA in my area. If your referring to the 6th gen ZL1 the guy flat out cant drive.
He said new zl1. I m assuming sixth gen.

OP
OP
JasinEdward

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
yes..... 1st 6th gen zl1 i have seen run the quarter..... can i link the whole thread? Here is an ecoboost vs the ZL1...... zl1 ran a 12.5

[ame]

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
The guy cant drive or.....The car is broke. Leave the launch and traction control on. Run mid 11s easily this time of year.

EDIT: Here is the guys full description of all his runs that day with a lot of videos. Sound's like it was a first time out in the car. And a novice driver. Apparently. These times were achieved with launch control on???:doh: Here is the link he provided me. After I asked him about his timeslips via youtube.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480787

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JasinEdward

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I get what you're saying... I have a feeling it is the driver's inexperience mainly, but he did post his time slips over there... There were some bad 60' times, but even with the 2.0-2.1 60ft I figured it would trap higher. I looked up the DA and it was at -113 for the time the runs were done..

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Lol

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I get what you're saying... I have a feeling it is the driver's inexperience mainly, but he did post his time slips over there... There were some bad 60' times, but even with the 2.0-2.1 60ft I figured it would trap higher. I looked up the DA and it was at -113 for the time the runs were done..
I'd bet there was some bad shifting with long pause between shifts. To go along with the bad sixties.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
How on earth people are getting mid 12's with supercharged camaro's and mustang's? If traction is a problem, i bet leaving on even second gear with a slight roll might give better results. I m kinda glad we have this zl1 owner though, since the camaro 6 forum made fun of a supercharged gt getting owned by a stock camaro ss. The owner was apparently trying a tune or something at the strip. Its payback time:headbang:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
How on earth people are getting mid 12's with supercharged camaro's and mustang's? If traction is a problem, i bet leaving on even second gear with a slight roll might give better results. I m kinda glad we have this zl1 owner though, since the camaro 6 forum made fun of a supercharged gt getting owned by a stock camaro ss. The owner was apparently trying a tune or something at the strip. Its payback time:headbang:
HaHa I somehow think. They'll magically understand how this guy ran mid 12s. :headbonk:

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Never impressed with the new ZL1.. Supposed to be the Camaro's fastest lineup and can't beat a Hellcat or outgoing GT500, manual vs manual. GM can say what ever they want, but their advertised time of 11.8 on a non prep surface is just, okay if that.

On a prep track with a good DA and with a good driver, I see 11.5 at most. I personally wouldn't pay over 60k to get owned by the GT500 and Hellcat! Sure the HP was limited by the Vette but you gotta play with the cards you are dealt with sharing engines.

Can't wait to see the ZL1 owners when the GT5/Demon comes out!

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
The old ZL1 was a piece of shit. I dont know how the same motor/transmission CTS-V was faster than it, the V is heavier too!

Anyways, the new ZL1 should be faster, GM showed their cards before Ford and we know how Ford responds. Either way, win/win for us enthusiasts!!!
Signed
-Previous GM & Ford owner, looking to get a Dodge!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The new ZL1 is a piece of shit too

OP
OP
JasinEdward

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
The new ZL1 is a piece of shit too
They will justify it with lap times..... They gave the phase 1 Roush shit for running mid 11's when tuning issues were still prominent.... they have a decent starting platform, but it seems the more power they give it the slower it goes.....
Sponsored