Sponsored

Mistress - Kenne Bell build.

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
Must be nice to be basically a master mechanic and do a lot yourself. I'd toss the overweight 20" wheels for 15 lbs lighter, each x 4 >>18's.... I'm just waiting for some one to make brighter tri-bar LED DRL's.... The oem's are just so dim, dull and lifeless in daylight, that they're almost not visible. And sadly, Ford did not fix this issue on the MY 18 car. Oh and the 18's have gained 40-50 lbs more weight too. Lots of new standard equipment, that I call "dumb driver", aids such as blind spot, adaptive cruise, lane keep, etc. all designed to make people less involved and even more incompetent at driving, aka: The big push towards autonomous driving, and a far less enjoyable, less engaging experience soon to be gone, known as "driving ourselves"..
Sponsored

OP
OP

Beerhasvitamins

Never Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO. Kenne Bell 2.8lc
Must be nice to be basically a master mechanic and do a lot yourself. I'd toss the overweight 20" wheels for 15 lbs lighter, each x 4 >>18's.... I'm just waiting for some one to make brighter tri-bar LED DRL's.... The oem's are just so dim, dull and lifeless in daylight, that they're almost not visible. And sadly, Ford did not fix this issue on the MY 18 car. Oh and the 18's have gained 40-50 lbs more weight too. Lots of new standard equipment, that I call "dumb driver", aids such as blind spot, adaptive cruise, lane keep, etc. all designed to make people less involved and even more incompetent at driving, aka: The big push towards autonomous driving, and a far less enjoyable, less engaging experience soon to be gone, known as "driving ourselves"..
Say no to nannies! I really enjoy the mechanical feel of a vehicle. This is why I have a manual and went a step further with a Magnum XL on top of that! The self driving cars are coming no doubt about that.

I do have a drag setup in mind that includes some 18's:ford:

OP
OP

Beerhasvitamins

Never Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Got my tune being worked on as I am typing this. Looks like Lund doesn't trust this e54 flex fuel stuff. We are going to start at 11.5-12lbs of boost. Should be able to get up into the 14-15# area but playing it safe at first. I understand that it is new fuel and they don't fully trust it yet. Will be running some Octanium and a stabilizer in it anyways.
One call into Kenne Bell and Mike@Kenne Bell has some pulleys on the way. Thanks Mike! You guys are all amazing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Wife calls my 2015 s550 GT my mistress so thats her name haha. Anyways, got lots of goodies getting installed so I am going to drop them here.

Kenne Bell already installed but I have some pics at least. No regrets going with Kenne Bell. The kit is awesome and the guys are amazing to work with.

Current Modifications
Kenne Bell 2.8lc
E54 corn powered
id1050x injectors
Fore high pressure fuel system
Lund tuned
Lund nGauge
Roush heat extractors
Roush winglets
Roush front fascia
Diode Dynamics Switchback
Diode Dynamics LED reverse light
Tremec t56 Magnum XL
DSS driveshaft
DSS 1400hp Axles
Mcleod RXT
Mcleod Aluminum flywheel
Mcleod Clutch Line
6gr Wheels 20x10 front and 20x11 rear
Nitto nt05r's out back 315/35r20
Nitto nt05's up front 275/35r20
Eibach Sportlines
CJPP X-Pipe
Badlanz Cutouts
Pypes 4.5" Black Exhaust Tips
Pypes Headers
Steeda Clutch Assist Spring
Steeda Jacking Rails
Steeda Subframe Alignment Kit
Steeda IRS Subframe Support Braces
Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace
Boundary OPG
TSS Crank Gear
ATI Super Damper

Shoutout to Terry [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]Racing. Terry is an asset to our sport/hobby and has helped me tremendously.

Shout-out to [MENTION=11297]Mike@KenneBell[/MENTION]! Thank you for all the support and for always taking care of me. It's awesome to know you guys over at Kenne Bell have my back!
appreciate that! great build!

OP
OP

Beerhasvitamins

Never Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Added VMP Triple Pass Heat Exchanger and Mishimoto Coolant Tank to the list of mods.

Starting the install of the Fore fuel system today. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm sure I will figure it out.

Picture of the headers all installed
0312171823_HDR-3492x1965.jpg

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
So does the VMP heat exchanger replace the one that came with the KB?

OP
OP

Beerhasvitamins

Never Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
So does the VMP heat exchanger replace the one that came with the KB?
Yup. Got it from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]. This thing makes the KB unit look tiny. I'm sure the KB was fine for the lower power level but with the heat here I wanted more.
0314171327-2448x1377.jpg

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Yup. Got it from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]. This thing makes the KB unit look tiny. I'm sure the KB was fine for the lower power level but with the heat here I wanted more.
looking good

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Very nice but damn yet another part to buy !
Does KB not advertise the heat exchanger to be good to over 1000 hp?

I am running a 3.5 pulley with the 20 % lower so battling high IAT's.
I have a trunk mount ice tank but you can only add some much ice for driving on the street .In tank pump never worked well and finally looks like it has died .
Will be going to an external pump .