99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I love the look on every single one of their faces. When they line up next to me thinking easy win. Only to get utterly destroyed!;)
Right? Their all so cocky I get the same damn thing with those slowmaros, the srt guys take it well but man the GM guys will cry and make up every excuse on why they lost by a couple bus lengths with the slush box.
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly

16COEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The camaro is obviously faster and better around a track in most cases. The problem is that GM builds the car for a small percentage of the market. The GT PP is a small upgrade over a GT that improves handling without consequence to the overall dynamic. Tires still wear good for a performance car, ride isn't overly harsh, it's still a comfortable car to drive. Thus they sell alot of them. The 1LE on the other hand sacrifices ride quality and the aggressive tires wear quickly. Only a more serious enthusiast will buy them. Just my 2 previous EVOs, a 9 and 10, tires were done by 10k miles. Brakes pads were like 200 bucks and the big brembos needed had 2 piece rotors that were just as much. Some folks (myself included) love the hug of the a Recaro seat, however most don't. Couple those things with a 45k price tag of a 1LE to the 35k tag on a GT PP, it's easy to see why the Mustang outsells it. The Camaro also has a more aggressive styling that most won't go in for, where the Mustang is more appealing design. As I've said to my Camaro enthusiast friends, the Mustang is almost sold by Ford for people mod. There are so many body kits, wings , hoods , bumpers and little shit for the mustang they're selling a blank canvas with above average performance (in the general marketplace) for a good price.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well that didn't take long! I've only seen this play out about 25 times in the last year. Just once I wish it was a guy that actually ran their car and not their mouth. I can at least respect the Camaro owners with a little first hand experience. Not this well the Lightning lap says BS! Your car is only as fast as you can make it go. Having a copy of Car and Driver in your back pocket. Won't make you any faster! Of course the mods deleted all the nasty posts so he can say......See it wasn't me!

OP
OP

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Haha lol wow he was gone like a fart in the wind!

But yeah, how they DARE try to compare a V6 1LE to a GTPP.. Talk bout being disrespectful jeeze!

If he's gonna bring facts, bring good facts at least.

Last edited:

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Haha lol wow he was gone like a fart in the wind!

But yeah, how they DARE try to compare a V6 1LE to a GTPP.. Talk bout being disrespectful jeeze!

If he's gonna bring facts, bring good facts at least.
Didn't you start the thread regarding the comparison and use magazine data in your initial post?

OP
OP

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Didn't you start the thread regarding the comparison and use magazine data in your initial post?
Yes and I mentioned that the comparison was a year apart. Anything can happen in between.

Also, change the tires on the GTPP and it will run a much better time. Tires make a lot of differences.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Yes and I mentioned that the comparison was a year apart. Anything can happen in between.

Also, change the tires on the GTPP and it will run a much better time. Tires make a lot of differences.
Yes, tires make a big difference. No doubt. It's not like the V6 1LE is running anything terribly special in the tire department though.

So, you're upset that there is talk of comparison of a V6 1LE vs a GT, but you started the thread about the comparison. Sounds like you are looking for aggravation.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yes, tires make a big difference. No doubt. It's not like the V6 1LE is running anything terribly special in the tire department though.

So, you're upset that there is talk of comparison of a V6 1LE vs a GT, but you started the thread about the comparison. Sounds like you are looking for aggravation.
It goes without saying. Any Mustang/Camaro thread is going to be aggravation.:rant:

OP
OP

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!

Well I should have clarified myself more but didn't want to come out sounding like a douche. When the VIR laps were recorded, the Camaro fans were up on their high horses saying how great the V61LE is since it lapped 1 sec better than a GTPP's lap a year before. I find that SILLY since the test were not done on the same day (conditions play a large role). Then the article I reference, reference upon how the V6 1LE (in the real world) was down in power and I completely agree!

Heck, people were saying that it would give the GT a run for it's money in a drag. Really? Anyways, I may be biased because I love Mustangs. My friends have a S197 and a S550 and they are plenty fast for the street, sounds awesome and looks fantastic!

The guy that got banned pretty much summed up that a V61LE > GTPP with no real facts aside from the VIR laps done one year a part. Therefore to me, that's somewhat trolling..

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

I don't think anyone is upset about the talk. If they run comparable lap times, there is nothing wrong with a discussion. The problem I had was he claimed they were done by the same driver under the same atmospheric conditions which was complete and utter BS. When I asked for him to prove it, he told everyone to suck his little man parts. :crazy:

As for the tires, everyone has praised the new tires the 1le is wearing. Good tires shave seconds off of a lap.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
All Camaros around here are parking lot revvers. Throwing 5k in a header/cam package to then put all seasons on and rev at C&C. Locally, I believe I've seen 3 Camaros racing. 1 was a 4th gen prepped at Mid Ohio and the other 2 were 5th gens at autocross. I expect the 6th to be more popular in this scene due to their performance, but I thought the same thing about the 5th gen 1LE.

Mustangs are all over the place. Always multiple at every event I run, and usually with decent drivers.

That initial price difference really helps people GET INTO a mustang. I got my GT PP for $32,750. 6th gen guy said he paid 45k for his. This price difference allows lots of freedom to improve the car into whatever the owner wants. As stated, serious racers will be 5k into wheels/tires/brakes within the first 1-2 years, let alone full suspension, etc.

I'm seriously interested in the 1LE conceptually, then I look at the dollars and cents and it's argument falls apart. There is no way I could drop the additional 20k on the new 1LE to just have a NEW car. I'll continue building my car slowly as my skills develop.

PS Camaro LOL :)

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
All Camaros around here are parking lot revvers. Throwing 5k in a header/cam package to then put all seasons on and rev at C&C. Locally, I believe I've seen 3 Camaros racing. 1 was a 4th gen prepped at Mid Ohio and the other 2 were 5th gens at autocross. I expect the 6th to be more popular in this scene due to their performance, but I thought the same thing about the 5th gen 1LE.

Mustangs are all over the place. Always multiple at every event I run, and usually with decent drivers.

That initial price difference really helps people GET INTO a mustang. I got my GT PP for $32,750. 6th gen guy said he paid 45k for his. This price difference allows lots of freedom to improve the car into whatever the owner wants. As stated, serious racers will be 5k into wheels/tires/brakes within the first 1-2 years, let alone full suspension, etc.

I'm seriously interested in the 1LE conceptually, then I look at the dollars and cents and it's argument falls apart. There is no way I could drop the additional 20k on the new 1LE to just have a NEW car. I'll continue building my car slowly as my skills develop.

PS Camaro LOL :)
Well said. :clap2:
Sponsored