Sponsored

Coyote engine swap

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Morino -
Go to the top and read that it says i sold off my old engine and perdormance parts to fund this ?!
But think about what's the value of your car now after you torn it all apart and swapped the engine... Interesting projects though regardless of how little sense (I think) it makes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Marino this thread is for my view not everyone elses wallet ! I actually got 4600 for the old eco engine and more than 3/4 back on perf parts thanx to mustang6g classifieds . This is more of a i told u so than about money !

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I dont care what the car is worth when im done lol i dont plan on selling. I own it free and clear , its a toy and im having fun !

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Interesting project, I hope it's really detailed and sticky worthy. I'm glad you're doing this strictly and only because you want to, regardless of resale value, what others think, and the fact you could have traded in and spent less $.

I'm subbed. Any reason why you can't edit your first post to detail out pulling the EB engine and other stuff? What's involved, tips and tricks, etc...

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Might want to consider upgrading those brakes though. I've had the base brakes before, they're measly, even for the Ecoboost.

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
No tips or tricks , car comes apart easily . Follow the service manual on dash removal and everything else is straight forward . Working on the dash tonight swaping over the harness .

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
Sounds like a fun project. If you could source some turbos for a good price I think you'd have more fun! :D

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Fridge thats what its all about !!!!

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Best way to get 435 horsepower @ 6500 rpm and 400 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm (with premium fuel) from a Ecoboost? Coyote Swap...:thumbsup:

I'm in...

Also, this was something that happen a lot with the old fox bodies? Surprised???:confused:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
So after a long a$$ night and early morning I got the gt body harness , dash harness and dash together . I also got all the electronics in bcm, cluster etc and guess what the car recognizes the key and turns on. looking good so far just need to get the engine in so I can start it up !!!

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Holy sh*t that's a major undertaking, but hey, it sounds like so far, so good. If you keep your Mustang emblem on the trunklid and don't get 5.0 badges for the sides, you'll really surprise the sh*t out of people. Good luck to ya.

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
I dont care what the car is worth when im done lol i dont plan on selling. I own it free and clear , its a toy and im having fun !
GOOD for you! ! ! If its your passion/hobby & your doing it as you said because you like doing swaps & that "it cant be done"

I hope it works well for you.

HAVE FUN with it:clap2: :cheers:

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
GOOD for you! ! ! If its your passion/hobby & your doing it as you said because you like doing swaps & that "it cant be done"

I hope it works well for you.

HAVE FUN with it:clap2: :cheers:
Thank you !!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I would never do this for many of the reasons others have said plus a major factor, I COULDN'T do it myself. For you though, it's a completely different story. I love it and am very interested to follow along!
Sponsored