Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Thanks to violantdreams and earlsays for there assistance with factory ford manual info !!

cobrajet I know you started a topic I just wanted a different title.

Thanks to Midway Mustang in dewitt Iowa for the engine kit !! Unbeleivable super clean and organised shop !!!!

ok some of you seen my topic on dash removal it was to gain access to my harness for the swap.

I'm doing this to prove it can be done and cost effective !

so after selling my old engine and trans, big turbo, programmer, e85 kit I raised enough money to buy a 2015 5.0 engine 13,000 miles, transmission, all wiring,keys and electronics included !!! $9000 from Midway mustang.

so I can tell you that some parts are exactly the same !!

BCM, fuel pump driver module, gauge cluster and evap canister all have the same part number !! Obviously the bcm and cluster have different software.

dash harness and under hood harness are completely different as to be expected. However I have not compared body harness's yet .

More info to come soon !!!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Having trouble with pics hang on

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
pics
swap pics 055.JPG
swap pics 028.JPG
swap pics 037.JPG

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
old engine

old engine
swap pics 021.JPG

Sponsored

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Thanks to violantdreams and earlsays for there assistance with factory ford manual info !!

cobrajet I know you started a topic I just wanted a different title.

Thanks to Midway Mustang in dewitt Iowa for the engine kit !! Unbeleivable super clean and organised shop !!!!

ok some of you seen my topic on dash removal it was to gain access to my harness for the swap.

I'm doing this to prove it can be done and cost effective !

so after selling my old engine and trans, big turbo, programmer, e85 kit I raised enough money to buy a 2015 5.0 engine 13,000 miles, transmission, all wiring,keys and electronics included !!! $9000 from Midway mustang.

so I can tell you that some parts are exactly the same !!

BCM, fuel pump, fuel pump driver module, gauge cluster and evap canister all have the same part number !! Obviously the bcm and cluster have different software.

dash harness and under hood harness are completely different as to be expected. However I have not compared body harness's yet .

More info to come soon !!!
this is really cool... but why though? sell any mods and trade in for a GT? just for the fun of it?? not knocking you or anything just genuinely asking.

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Multiple reasons
1. I have a problem with people who tell me i cant !
2. So far im out of pocket $0 (i do need to get a couple things but nothing serious)
3. My car was only 24,000 lol a gt plain jane base is 36,000
4. I love engine swaps !
5. Just for the fun of it !

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
6. O ya and the wife is on board !!!!

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Multiple reasons
1. I have a problem with people who tell me i cant !
2. So far im out of pocket $0 (i do need to get a couple things but nothing serious)
3. My car was only 24,000 lol a gt plain jane base is 36,000
4. I love engine swaps !
5. Just for the fun of it !
It is an interesting concept but $9000 doesn't seem cost effective at all. You can get base GT for about $30,000 and you'd have a brand new car.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I know in CA we could never smog and tag the car, will it be able to be smogged and tagged in other states ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Morino -
Go to the top and read that it says i sold off my old engine and perdormance parts to fund this ?!

Perfweld-
Actually you can smog your car in california . Federal law stats that as long as the engine being swapped in is of the same year or newer, same chassis and reatains all emissions componants from the engine being installed.

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Awesome dude, love the swap ..good luck with everything

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Morino -
Go to the top and read that it says i sold off my old engine and perdormance parts to fund this ?!

Perfweld-
Actually you can smog your car in california . Federal law stats that as long as the engine being swapped in is of the same year or newer, same chassis and reatains all emissions componants from the engine being installed.
It's Marino :gossip:

No I read it and it's still steep. You're not factoring in your opportunity costs. First off, you paid for all of those extra modifications (out of pocket) that you later sold off for likely less money. Either way you could have sold your aftermarket parts so that is a moot point. You didn't say how much you sold your engine and transmission for but I bet it was nearly that of the cost of the Coyote and transmission. Just jumping on cars.com it looks like the gap between an Ecoboost and a GT is as small as $3,000 and and big as $7,000. You could have probably sold off your aftermarket parts along with the car and been in a used GT. That's not even factoring the cost to do the swap which would definitely push you over into GT territory. I'm not knocking you for going with a swap. I'm just saying that this definitely wasn't a cost effective option especially with the alternatives.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Very interested in seeing this completed!!!! Really like your reasoning for the swap too! People told me as well we I expressed interest in a swap that it is "stupid" and "can't be done".....

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I know in CA we could never smog and tag the car, will it be able to be smogged and tagged in other states ?
Sure you can, as long as the engine is from the same class of vehicle and maintains all of the smog provisions. I completed probably a dozen engine swaps in CA when I lived there and never once had a problem getting it inspected by the CHP for my swap tag and then smogged.
Sponsored