shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
My street MBRP is the same way and I think its more low pitch harmonics causing vibration in the mufflers than drone. I have double checked all connections and they are tight but in 5th or 6th gear on the highway and you gas it, it really comes on strong until the rpms get up. It takes some getting used to as none of my V8 cars did it this bad
Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
The great thing about the Magnaflow street series is that its QUIET.

I'm a little shocked at how many people all run the same loud exhausts on this car and think they all sound so good. All the (bad) noise takes away from how fast this car really is.

I've modded everything BUT the exhaust on this car probably for that very reason. This is just me but when I blow by someone I want them to hear spool/induction/recirc and then nothing but taillights. Silent assassin and totally unassuming with no badges and a rear blackout panel.

They look at each other and go 'What the fuck was that!?'

Magnaflow street mufflers are the quietest I've heard. If something quieter comes along I'll be on that too.
You could get a catted downpipe to go into 1 in/2 out muffler, then get a series of clamps and vibrant resonators and connect them all the way out to a street muffler and nice chrome tips. You'll leave Prius owners confused at how you were actually quieter

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have Mbrp race with a mishi catted downpipe and its drones a good amount. I seriously want to ride in all these cars where people say they have zero drone bacause I think most people don't know what drone really is.
The race alone had drone. The OR downpipe made me shit my pants. Can't have a conversation between 2800 and 3500 rpm

Reactions: Ebm

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
Shelby since when did you go GT on us? And you know this is still the EBM subsection yeah? Or did you just miss us? Lolol

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
MBRP Race Cat-Back - I put it on my car and LOVE it ... no drone, sounds good - low tone, not obnoxious, easy install and great price.. here's a vid I did of it on my car
I have this version of the MBRP, "S7275409 T409 3" Dual Split Rear Race Version Cat Back with 4.5" Tips". Below is the video I made.

[ame]

[ame]

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

The race alone had drone. The OR downpipe made me shit my pants. Can't have a conversation between 2800 and 3500 rpm
But did it sound good?

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But did it sound good?
I'm not sure lol I like the increase in volume and cold start sounds sweet. I noticed a lot of rasp when wot. I haven't heard the car outside and that will be different than the cab. I'll try to take a video. All I know is immediately I bought a Vibrant 8" resonator and put that where the downpipe connects to the catback which helps tone as well as eliminate some rasp and drone.

Not sure if I'm having a change of heart but lately I'm very interested in MAP's exhaust as well as the fftec setup they had on their blue EBM.

Reactions: Ebm

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I just did mine and what a big difference. Definitely recommended. Below is my video process.

Santos_S550

SANTOS_S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.0T Premium Package
I love my Magnaflow competition ... I get compliments every time this is actually my 3rd exhaust setup and im happy with it .. NO DRONE!!! and DEF. LOUD

Sponsored

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I could not decide on a exhaust..so I went with a muffler deleat ..and still have the resonator sounds really good ..soon I'll installing the mishimoto catted downpipe

LaYegua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost Premium
I could not decide on a exhaust..so I went with a muffler deleat ..and still have the resonator sounds really good ..soon I'll installing the mishimoto catted downpipe
I went with a muffler and resonator delete. It sounds good but I don't know if I over did it. Definitely do not want to get pulled over. Would you recommend I install some mufflers and keep the y-pipe? My understanding is that we need mufflers here in Cali lol As you can tell, total noob haha

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
You should be fine with out the mufflers and resonator..as,long as you have your cat still .. mine only sound really loud at cold start ups and even then does not sound obnoxious..sounds healthy and a bit muscle..but I still have a my resonator.
Sponsored