shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I had Magnaflow street on my car for around 6.5k miles with stock cat.

Magnaflow street Is really deep, sounds great from the cabin and with the windows rolled down gives a classic deep muscle sound and then you also hear those turbos start up.

When I was driving behind my own car (Let my friend take It for a spin) I heard the exhaust from a new perspective and I can say It sounds great, better then I thought It did actually. Everyone has always complimented on it, saying It sounds really clean and when you rev It on cold start It pops and tiny crackles, I think It's perfect for a daily driving experience I have taken It on long drives easily and no drone or annoyances. However even with catless I'd think this Is the case, But I wouldn't run comp catless personally, I've heard It and It's a lot louder.

I would say had I not gotten this exhaust I would've gotten agency power (when they release It.) or Varex.. but there Is new systems coming out at a great pace so It can only get better.
I dont think I have heard of Agency Power. I will have to look into it.
Sponsored

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Was debating between mbrp and MF street versions. Ended up with MF. No regrets it sounds refined definetly not loud but deep. Got mine from hottexhaust.com , they hooked me up for a really good price on the MF

OP
OP
shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP

J_MENIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I have the Krona Catted DP, and there's no drone that I notice, paired with magna flow comp cat-back

Sponsored

OP
OP
shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
What I have definitely noticed on the videos is if you can clearly hear the turbo then the exhaust cackles and pops. If its got the nice deep tone I am liking then it seems like you can not hear the turbo. This is getting more difficult. lol
Have a great Friday everyone !

OP
OP
shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I scored a good deal on an MBRP street system so I put that on this weekend. So far I like it. From what I have read the Magnaflow street sounds very similar. Takes some getting used to after having a car that was as quiet as this one was but at least the tone is nice, deep and mellow.
My MBRP Street exhaust is doing the same thing I see some of the Magnaflow owners are reporting, sitting lower on the left and I have tried to adjust it but it pulls the tip to the right too far as you twist the muffler to raise it so next time I am going to twist the Y pipe counter clockwise slightly to see if the will raise the left tip and lower the right tip slightly.

Last edited:

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
My MBRP Street exhaust is doing the same thing I see some of the Magnaflow owners are reporting, sitting lower on the left and I have tried to adjust it but it pulls the tip to the right too far as you twist the muffler to raise it so next time I am going to twist the Y pipe counter clockwise slightly to see if the will raise the left tip and lower the right tip slightly.
Just curious, did you have any other fitment issues? My tips balance, but the damn thing touches the under body part the hangers connect to (right by the rear suspension/differential area). I've tried so many ways to adjust it, but they always touch. I assume its just because of it being a 3 inch pipe, but am curious about others.

I have the race version BTW.

OP
OP
shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Mine is extremely close too. Every once in a while I think I here a noise that sounds like that pipe is touching the rear section of the car and there is no adjustment I can make that pulls the pipe away from that area. I am going to get back under the car this weekend and loosen things up and see if I can get that left tip raised slightly. I will see if that pipe has been touching too as I am sure it does when I turn sharply to the right.

Sponsored

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
I like the sound of the turbo spooling up too. I just dont wants any cackling, backfire popping or drone. I wish I could hear some in person.
Magnaflow street series would work out great for you. It is exactly what you are requesting-nice deep tone, no backfire, popping or cackling and no drone whatsoever. Maybe it is relatively quiet but I think it sounds loud enough-people notice.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I would love to hear form anyone that has the MBRP street or Magnaflow Street. Horespower Direct has a great price on the MBRP right now so I am debating whether or not to go for it. I want a deeper tone but most of all zero drone and I doubt I will ever hear one in person here in Orlando so please let me know what your personal experiences have been
Thanks
Robert
We have great pricing for both the Magnaflow and MBRP systems for the EcoBoost here at Lethal Performance! Just sign into your account on our site and those products will be discounted automatically. If you need help with getting pricing feel free to shoot me a PM and I would be glad to help out!

OP
OP
shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I do notice quite a lot of what seems to be harmonic vibration on the highway between 70-80 mph if I hit the gas to pass a car. Has anyone else felt this with the mbrp street ?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I do notice quite a lot of what seems to be harmonic vibration on the highway between 70-80 mph if I hit the gas to pass a car. Has anyone else felt this with the mbrp street ?
I have a ton of vibration with the race version. It feels like the exhaust hangers are directly welded to the body of the car and extremely uncomfortable (it literally vibrates my teeth like I'm at the dentist). Combined with the poor fitment and sound unlike what I was expecting based on the 20-30 videos I watched of it I might just take it back off after only a week.

Rca4697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Mine is extremely close too. Every once in a while I think I here a noise that sounds like that pipe is touching the rear section of the car and there is no adjustment I can make that pulls the pipe away from that area. I am going to get back under the car this weekend and loosen things up and see if I can get that left tip raised slightly. I will see if that pipe has been touching too as I am sure it does when I turn sharply to the right.
Mine too. I have the mbrp race and sometimes I feel the same at a certain low rpm where it seems like it's rubbing something but can't seem to find the problem. Let me know what you find.
Sponsored