Exhaust opinions.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I would love to hear form anyone that has the MBRP street or Magnaflow Street. Horespower Direct has a great price on the MBRP right now so I am debating whether or not to go for it. I want a deeper tone but most of all zero drone and I doubt I will ever hear one in person here in Orlando so please let me know what your personal experiences have been
Thanks
Robert
Sponsored

J_MENIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
There's another thread about this below. And plenty if you search the forum. But below is the my exhaust from stock-->turbo back

OP
OP
shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
There's another thread about this below. And plenty if you search the forum. But below is the my exhaust from stock-->turbo back

Thanks. I will take a look. I have watched a lot of the videos and most people say that they sound different in person so I just want peoples opinions that have an exhaust on their car as I will not keep it if it drones at all.
Definitely dont want anything raspy or that pops and cackles, thats too Honda Civic for me.

J_MENIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Thanks. I will take a look. I have watched a lot of the videos and most people say that they sound different in person so I just want peoples opinions that have an exhaust on their car as I will not keep it if it drones at all.
Definitely dont want anything raspy or that pops and cackles, thats too Honda Civic for me.
I have the manga flows competitions and I have no drone, and they sounded good. And people always complimented my exhaust but with the down pipe it deepens up the tone a good bit and makes it sound better. If I were to do it again I would go MBRP although I haven't heard it in person. But ether way it's an inline 4 so you could only do so much. I would compare my full set up to a 428i with an exhaust swap, unless it was a 435i. I'm not sure I heard one the other day and it sounded pretty close to mine. But that's just me some people might disagree

Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
If you want zero drone, you'll need to find a resonated cat-back or add one to either of those systems. The MBRP street doesn't have as much drone as the race, but it does still have some drone depending on who you ask.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I replaced the stock mufflers with 14" oval Magna Flows and cut out the resonator and replaced with a piece of straight pipe and a Y.

This setup sounds exceptional at WOT, has a slight increase in sound at idle and is as quiet as stock cruising down the road and ZERO drone.

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
[MENTION=20134]shelbywannabe[/MENTION] Depends on what mods you have on your vehicle. if you have the stock downpipe then get the magnaflow competition series catback now if you have an aftermarket downpipe NON catted then either get the magnaflow street series catback or have a magnaflow resonator with the magnaflow competition series catback. Now if you have a aftermarket Catted downpipe then just get the magnaflow competition series catback. Any of these combos will avoid drone and wont sound like a honda civic

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Magnaflow Street here and it's perfect. It gives a lower tone so it sounds a bit more aggressive and is just a little louder then stock. Going down the road, there is no drone and you barely hear it under light load at highway speed. Plus it was extremely easy to install by myself and the tips look great!

wargamedt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost manual
I have the MBRP race with megan catless downpipe... it sounds good below 3k rpm (spits, burbles and backfires) but after that it does sound tinny, raspy and there is a good amount of drone. If I were to go back I would probably do a catted downpipe with a resonated catback. I'm thinking of having my local muffler shop add resonators to see if it might help.

Sponsored

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had Magnaflow street on my car for around 6.5k miles with stock cat.

Magnaflow street Is really deep, sounds great from the cabin and with the windows rolled down gives a classic deep muscle sound and then you also hear those turbos start up.

When I was driving behind my own car (Let my friend take It for a spin) I heard the exhaust from a new perspective and I can say It sounds great, better then I thought It did actually. Everyone has always complimented on it, saying It sounds really clean and when you rev It on cold start It pops and tiny crackles, I think It's perfect for a daily driving experience I have taken It on long drives easily and no drone or annoyances. However even with catless I'd think this Is the case, But I wouldn't run comp catless personally, I've heard It and It's a lot louder.

I would say had I not gotten this exhaust I would've gotten agency power (when they release It.) or Varex.. but there Is new systems coming out at a great pace so It can only get better.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
The great thing about the Magnaflow street series is that its QUIET.

I'm a little shocked at how many people all run the same loud exhausts on this car and think they all sound so good. All the (bad) noise takes away from how fast this car really is.

I've modded everything BUT the exhaust on this car probably for that very reason. This is just me but when I blow by someone I want them to hear spool/induction/recirc and then nothing but taillights. Silent assassin and totally unassuming with no badges and a rear blackout panel.

They look at each other and go 'What the fuck was that!?'

Magnaflow street mufflers are the quietest I've heard. If something quieter comes along I'll be on that too.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

I'm a little shocked at how many people all run the same loud exhausts on this car and think they all sound so good. All the (bad) noise takes away from how fast this car really is.

I've modded everything BUT the exhaust on this car probably for that very reason. This is just me but when I blow by someone I want them to hear spool/induction/recirc and then nothing but taillights. Silent assassin and totally unassuming with no badges and a rear blackout panel.

Magnaflow street mufflers are the quietest I've heard. If something quieter comes along I'll be on that too.
This is exactly how I feel, I guess everything expects a mustang to be loud, I blow by people (fairly quietly and not modded yet) all the time and you can see them straining their necks, like what the heck was that, brings a smile to my face everytime.

I am of course looking for a little more low end rumble but still on the quiet side, will check out the comments in this thread.

Terry

OP
OP
shelbywannabe

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP

I like the sound of the turbo spooling up too. I just dont wants any cackling, backfire popping or drone. I wish I could hear some in person.
Sponsored