Sponsored

Is this my life now?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
It gets worse, trucks will try to race you, vans etc! Yesterday i had to pass a truck on the right since he was going slow ( dodge ram), he started speeding up seeing me pass him by slowly. I dropped to third gear and wot, gave him 10 cars of space and pulled infront of him on the left lane. He comes on my right lane before he does a turn and flippes his finger. Some people are really messed up in the head. You just have to accept them the way they are!
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I don't know where you folks live but I have never had anyone try to race me and it's CO with black wheels, stripes, hood scoop and spoiler. Gets lots of thumbs up, horn honks but never had anyone pull up next to me and try and incite a race. Same with my 68 Barracuda which definitely has the look.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I've had this GT less than three days and it seems like every sports car beside me at a light, behind me on the road, and even some in front of me are revving, tailgating, etc. I find it funny/entertaining, but I feel like it's gonna get annoying soon. Actually getting a car related reaction from me will be rare if at all. I'm beyond that phase of life.

I'm pretty sure a ricer that was tailgating/revving me last night actually came back to the restaurant I turned in to and sat in the lot watching me. No idea what his intentions were, but still...is this my life now?

Get an exhaust and that ends pretty quickly. People immediately tend to think that car has more than it does. However, encountering a bunch of sports vehicles and none of them outside of a WRX being built/faster than you? I think you might be over-estimating this car a little much. I hear you though, I'm not someone that jams on the throttle every chance I get but if I was passed that "phase" I definitely wouldn't purchase a v-8.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
What's funny, is that after I added the Whipple... I stopped caring. I mentioned this in the FI section months ago, but I will restate it here: Driving this car with an FI setup is like having access to NORAD keys. Sure smaller countries wave their arms and make a scene, but you know whats really up.

I only push my car when there is open roads and I feel like it. Oh, and then there is racing, too, but I only do that a few times a year. Otherwise, I do slightly above the speed limit.

Someone else mentioned that you should put some pipes on it, and I agree. It could be psychological but I think my header/exhaust combo was a bit of a deterrent; the louder the better.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
What's funny, is that after I added the Whipple... I stopped caring. I mentioned this in the FI section months ago, but I will restate it here: Driving this car with an FI setup is like having access to NORAD keys. Sure smaller countries wave their arms and make a scene, but you know whats really up.
Awesome. The faster my cars got, the less I cared. I want to supercharge my '16 GT convertible, my wife asked, "Will it be faster than most of the other cars around here", I said, "It won't matter..."

:lol:

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Get an exhaust and that ends pretty quickly. People immediately tend to think that car has more than it does. However, encountering a bunch of sports vehicles and none of them outside of a WRX being built/faster than you? I think you might be over-estimating this car a little much. I hear you though, I'm not someone that jams on the throttle every chance I get but if I was passed that "phase" I definitely wouldn't purchase a v-8.
I'm not overestimating. I presume that any respectable looking and sounding vehicle could be turbo'd up. So far in my experience, with the exception of the very nice and nice sounding WRX, they were turds. I don't dislike sport compacts either. I like seeing what these guys can do with them and the manufacturers are putting out some very legit I4's lately. Just where I live and the type of people here, there aren't many premium SC's running around. There ARE a lot of low budget posers though.

I'm not driving like grandpa either..I'm only 36--just not looking for a race. I did a lot of stupid stuff behind the wheel of unimpressive cars in my early 20's (and have 9 tickets to show for it), so it's out of my system. I bought the car to entertain ME...for the most part.

And for whoever asked, I'm not a chick. You ARE making me start to question how much leg I'm showing though. ;)

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Maybe it's the black on black. I DO look pretty sinister. :)

XLR8EDMUSTANG

XLR8EDMUSTANG on Twitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, OW, PP, RECAROS
I get a lot of cars that seem to have clutch problems when they pass me going the opposite direction.. mostly just teen-early 20s drivers. I have came across a lot of aggressive truck drivers though? I have a 15' F150 also and I don't get the "I'm bigger than you" or "ohh listen to my loud exhaust but I'm going no where" stuff?

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
Happens to me constantly. I have never once reacted. It is never anyone in a fast car. One day on the way home from work there was a guy in a pickup truck that literally floored it and slowed down floored it and slowed down right beside me on the highway for at least 5 solid miles. A guy in a 10 year old Taurus did the same thing on a road trip for a much shorter distance. Probably 70% of the time I come anywhere near an Altima they floor it (idk wtf is up with people who drive altimas). I could go on and on. In a WRX or STI this literally never happened to me.

I am also in the south :p

Sponsored

Fraye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
In my neighborhood, the onset of nice weather means all the Bentleys, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martins, Ariel Atoms, Caterhams, and other rich folk toys come out to play. No one gives a crap about a girl in an orange Mustang :D

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Happens to me constantly. I have never once reacted. It is never anyone in a fast car. One day on the way home from work there was a guy in a pickup truck that literally floored it and slowed down floored it and slowed down right beside me on the highway for at least 5 solid miles. A guy in a 10 year old Taurus did the same thing on a road trip for a much shorter distance. Probably 70% of the time I come anywhere near an Altima they floor it (idk wtf is up with people who drive altimas). I could go on and on. In a WRX or STI this literally never happened to me.

Yup, under 22 and in an Altima or similar and they usually like to fly past me. It's like they need to prove something to themselves or their passengers. I shake my head and chuckle every time.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
I've had 2 or 3 guys line up next to me thinking they wanted to race. I usually grab 2 gears down and when they hear the racket my car makes they drive on by. If they still wanna go I just let them go and keep cruising. It's kinda a fun tease.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black

Maybe the excessive challenges really IS just a southern thing. People love their trucks around here. They think they're trucks and muscle cars all at once.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I'm not overestimating. I presume that any respectable looking and sounding vehicle could be turbo'd up. So far in my experience, with the exception of the very nice and nice sounding WRX, they were turds. I don't dislike sport compacts either. I like seeing what these guys can do with them and the manufacturers are putting out some very legit I4's lately. Just where I live and the type of people here, there aren't many premium SC's running around. There ARE a lot of low budget posers though.

I'm not driving like grandpa either..I'm only 36--just not looking for a race. I did a lot of stupid stuff behind the wheel of unimpressive cars in my early 20's (and have 9 tickets to show for it), so it's out of my system. I bought the car to entertain ME...for the most part.

And for whoever asked, I'm not a chick. You ARE making me start to question how much leg I'm showing though. ;)
You are not overestimating, The average Gt owner really underestimates the EBM especially with a tune. Since I live in Germany I have to admit i take the bait....alot. I love it when any Pre Coyote comes a playin, they get their feelings hurt bad, So far I've only had a play with one Coyote GT, he was not thrilled. No doubt an FBO would beat me, and I'll take that race when it comes and lose with pride, but the margin will be alot less than he would hope for.

Edit: I get challenged all the time too but German drivers of performance cars won't even attempt anything they think might be close to fair. Base 911 drivers are the worst, I see them driving like a-holes to all of the other ash and trash on the road, but suddenly become model citizens acting all mature when I come up behind them.
Sponsored