Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP ingot silver
  • Banned
We all know stock for stock in a straight line the camaro beats the mustang, but how about full bolt-ons on both cars? Just curious about how the new camaro responds to bolt ons vs our stangs
Sponsored

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
We all know stock for stock in a straight line the camaro beats the mustang, but how about full bolt-ons on both cars? Just curious about how the new camaro responds to bolt ons vs our stangs
My crystal ball says the car with the most mods wins.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
The gap will remain the same with same modes on both sides.

Sponsored

MotorJoe

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB S550 GT Auto
The Camaro SS's advantage is way too much for the Mustang GT to catch up. Drive them both and you will understand.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
My (limited) understanding of the subject is that the Coyote engine takes to forced induction extremely well... better than other competitive V8's, supposedly. I would assume, all mods being equal on both cars, that if the Camaro and the Mustang were each blown, the Mustang would get more out of it than the Camaro. But I'm just speculating; an expert should be in the house hopefully. :D

Car Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
My (limited) understanding of the subject is that the Coyote engine takes to forced induction extremely well... better than other competitive V8's, supposedly. I would assume, all mods being equal on both cars, that if the Camaro and the Mustang were each blown, the Mustang would get more out of it than the Camaro. But I'm just speculating; an expert should be in the house hopefully. :D
Mustang guy logic?

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Technically speaking a supercharger would be a "bolt-on" but in casual conversations its not considered as such.

I have no clue but I bet you could go onto the vette forums and check out how many rwhp their full bolt-on packages are pulling. The SS and GT are so close in weight all that matters is which one has the most power/better powerband.

I haven't even seen the new LT1's powerband, but I do know a GT350/Cobra Jet manifold lays out a pretty mean looking curve.

But the GT would be playing catch up. Gaining an equal amount of power will mean its still slower if we're comparing same transmissions. That new auto is pretty mean.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Sponsored

GThunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I don't understand why so many people are so concerned with how fast their cars are in comparison to other cars.

Does everyone race 6 Camaros on their way to work every morning?

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
I can answer this....

I don't understand why so many people are so concerned with how fast their cars are in comparison to other cars.

Does everyone race 6 Camaros on their way to work every morning?
Many people care because one of the primary reasons they bought a performance car was because of the "capability of the cars performance." These types of cars are defined by their performance. It goes right down to the very essence of what they are. They certainly are not practical. The non performance car owner does not "get it" (understand the passion we have) and often associate owning these cars with immaturity, show-offs and those older guys having a mid life crisis.

As silly as it seems, it often boils down to "status symbol," and "bragging rights."

Think about owners of exotic cars. Most of those guys rarely drive their cars, and when they do....they "baby them." They rarely drive anywhere near their performance capacity.

Take Corvette guys as another example. They are usually the slowest drivers on the road. Yet they would not have bought the Vette if it were slow.

Finally: Look at the shape of these cars (Stangs/Vettes/Challengers--even Camaros). They have bold, brash, "in your face lines" that indicate that the car is fast. Or SHOULD be. If the car looks fast, but is not fast.....You could make the case that the car is a fraud.

And some do street race.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Depends on the Camaro, depends on the car, depends on a lot of things.

There's really no way to answer the question.

You'll get a lot of people who will throw out magazine articles, times, comparisons and say "See! XYZ said ABC car was better!" and have those links saved on ready-fire status to argue anything.

In reality...you have to go run the cars. Magazine times, "I've seen it happen"..etc...is all bullshit, and in drag racing..the bullshit stops when the amber lights drop.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.