OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
The muffler linked is a common size used for this type of mod, but for anyone curious, we do offer the same one in a smaller 14" length, which would have less muffling. Part number 12198 (satin) or 14221 (polished).
Would that unit result in only more decibels or would it alter the tone, as well?

Can you point me toward any good resources that discuss the different system variables (muffler shape, size, baffle tech, piping size/length, etc.) and their impact of exhaust sound? This is something I've been interested in for a long time, and most of the materials I've found have focused on the manifold/header design.
Sponsored

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Would that unit result in only more decibels or would it alter the tone, as well?

Can you point me toward any good resources that discuss the different system variables (muffler shape, size, baffle tech, piping size/length, etc.) and their impact of exhaust sound? This is something I've been interested in for a long time, and most of the materials I've found have focused on the manifold/header design.
Really curious as well. I've not found anything on how exhaust changes effect the sound. even on a super general level would be interesting. Everything I've learned is from reading posts on forums and my own multiple builds of exhausts on f-bodies.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
i wanna do 3 inch dp, magnaflow single in dual out and stock mufllers.. anyone have a clip of that?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
i wanna do 3 inch dp, magnaflow single in dual out and stock mufllers.. anyone have a clip of that?
You really don't want to do that. It's not that it'd sound bad, but the inside of the stock mufflers are super restrictive. I'll try to find the pics of it, if you're interested.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
You really don't want to do that. It's not that it'd sound bad, but the inside of the stock mufflers are super restrictive. I'll try to find the pics of it, if you're interested.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
It'd be a cheap upgrade, though.

Edit: Not with 3" piping, though. If you're upgrading all the piping, you're shooting yourself in the foot to keep the mufflers.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Yea, you will never get great sound or really any sound from the stock mufflers, I went DP with resonator delete and y pipe to the stock mufflers, you could barely hear them under wot

bguerrero13

bguerrero13
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Black Appearance PKG Ecoboost Premium
I'll be going custom some time within the next week or so...hopefully!
I'll be using the same mufflers that are on the competition setup and doing a resonator delete with 2.5in piping. I'm also taking my rear valance to body shop to have it fit quads! They said they will make the valance look OEM with rolled edges. I really hope he does as good of a job as when he was explaining it to me. [emoji16][emoji1431]

8bd888c37dab8deb2368c04a4707caf7.jpg

f2983201096b9a9a36254a69fbc5d9ff.jpg

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I'll be going custom some time within the next week or so...hopefully!
I'll be using the same mufflers that are on the competition setup and doing a resonator delete with 2.5in piping. I'm also taking my rear valance to body shop to have it fit quads! They said they will make the valance look OEM with rolled edges. I really hope he does as good of a job as when he was explaining it to me. [emoji16][emoji1431]
I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out; particularly the valence.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
^^This

Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
[MENTION=19455]bguerrero13[/MENTION] Do you have a stock downpipe? I'd like to hear this at least on vid :D

bguerrero13

bguerrero13
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out; particularly the valence.

I'll be sure to update you guys once all the work is done. I'm a bit nervous about the valance but the shop that is doing the work assured me that it'd look great after he was done with it.

bguerrero13

bguerrero13
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=19455]bguerrero13[/MENTION] Do you have a stock downpipe? I'd like to hear this at least on vid :D

Yeah I still have the stock down pipe. I don't have any plans to be going aftermarket as of now, but I'll definitely be posting up an exhaust video

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Yea, you will never get great sound or really any sound from the stock mufflers, I went DP with resonator delete and y pipe to the stock mufflers, you could barely hear them under wot
Omg thats exactly what i want. Ive been driving loud cars for years, i want it as quiet as it can be. But i went to a dyno day couple of weeks back and dude got a good 18 hp from the downpipe. So i want that without the noise

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Omg thats exactly what i want. Ive been driving loud cars for years, i want it as quiet as it can be. But i went to a dyno day couple of weeks back and dude got a good 18 hp from the downpipe. So i want that without the noise
Gotcha
Sponsored