Baton Rouge S550s

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I may have met you once or twice at a meetup through ryan bettevy, but it was more through the forums than anything. I recognized your username. Go figure we both buy a new mustang lol.

I'm Brett, I had a habanero red 07 si coupe and I went to LSU. Also posted a shitload on 8thcivic and the LA chat thread.

Oh awesome! Small world! Yea, I had an 8thgen for about 4 years, then bought a 2013 WRX late 2012, had that for a year, bought a Focus ST, had that for a year, bought a 2015 WRX, loved it but it wasn't fast enough so I finally made the leap to a 5.0 about two months ago.

How do you like yours? Done anything to it yet?

Kris
Sponsored

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Absolutely love it, all I have so far is tint (if you call that a mod) and an x pipe. I'm thinking of pairing it with the kooks axleback but I'm not sure if I just want to take it to a shop and have them swap the mufflers for cheaper.

I plan to do a lot of track days and autox in it, so I'll be doing plenty brake and suspension mods as well.

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Absolutely love it, all I have so far is tint (if you call that a mod) and an x pipe. I'm thinking of pairing it with the kooks axleback but I'm not sure if I just want to take it to a shop and have them swap the mufflers for cheaper.

I plan to do a lot of track days and autox in it, so I'll be doing plenty brake and suspension mods as well.
That's awesome man, I love mine too. Which X-pipe did you go with?

This is what I did, did the muffler swap myself and I really like it. I know of two alternative mufflers that I would do as well, one is actually half the price of the magnaflow I went with.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24673

I would love to go to NOLA Motorsports park and put mine on the track, I just don't want anything bad to happen to my only transportation.

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I am planning on buying HPTuners software hopefully soon as tune my S550. Fortunately the suite comes with 8 credits and it only takes 2 per vehicle to tune. Would you perhaps be interested in a tune in the future?

Kris

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Definitely

Sponsored

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Eventually I want some form of boost, but in the near future I just want to get better at driving the car on track and add some bolt ons.

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I hear you. Whipple blower would be sweet, but its just soooo much money right now.

I feel with the PP 3.73, bolt on's would just make this car a beast.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Just saw this post. I'm in denham springs on 4h club road. I drive to Gonzales every day for work and see a few s550's on the road, but mostly non gt cars. I have a silver pp gt.

The car has the Frpp sport exhaust and eibach springs. I plan on putting a Paxton on if they ever get the kits done. I can get the beefcake tuner kit now, but I'm concerned with all the tuning issues going on with the new platform.

If anyone decides to get together please let me know. Always down for some fun. If anyone plans on doing headers we should do a header install party and knock a couple cars out at one time. Would probably be faster and easier with a few people.

Is there any Saturday night action anymore? I used to go out to miss Goldie's in the 90's and 2000's with a twin turbo lightning, but now it seems the Saturday night street stuff has slowed down.

I will keep an eye on this post.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Oh and I know Ej and have been in his car. His car is fast and was a big reason I went with the mustang instead of the corvette.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I live in Denham Springs as well, I have a magnetic PP GT. EJ is a good buddy of mine. Him and I go way back into from our honda modding days. There used to be south Choctaw races bur Idk anymore on Saturday nights. Every Thursday night there Is a car meet at the coffee call of college starting at 9pm. This past Thursday there was about 15 mustangs, mostly s197s.

EJ is the reason I bought a mustang too lol.

I've got intake and a catback I put together myself. I plan to have long tubes and a tune I will be doing myself in the next 6 months. I'd love to hang out next thursday, just let me know.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Did you do a tune with the intake? I most likely won't do an intake because I'm planning on the supercharger soon. I really want to get a set of drag rims for the car.

I remember Ej back many years ago when he was into the Hondas. This dates back to 2005 when I was stilling running my tt lightning.

Text me if you decide to go next Thursday. I will definitely try and go. My number is 225-773-0520 and my name is Craig.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Craig, what color is your car? I live on the path you would pass between DS and Gonzales. I see a couple different ones occasionally bringing my girl to school. I have a white anniversary (Wimbledon white, a cream color not bright white).

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Did you do a tune with the intake?
No, not yet. Steeda claimed that with their restrictor insert you could run on the stock tune with no issues. Now, I know my fuel trims aren't perfect bUT it seems to operate with no real issues. Occasionally I'll feel a little stumble because of the fuel trims adjusting, but its not bad at all. I really need a tune though, even if it was stock. There is just too much still on the table.

I'll definitely text you when I go out next thursday.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
My car is silver with tinted windows and lowering springs. I don't think I've seen your car while driving (svt)

I've been itching to put headers and a tune on the car, but trying to wait until I get the Paxton setup before doing much. It's proving difficult because I'm beyond used to the factory power.
Sponsored