Sponsored

Why does my Remote Start with Auto Climate blow cold air when it's cold?!

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
In my settings, the remote start climate thing is set to Auto, and my HVAC system is also set to Auto at 80 degrees F. The outside air is also WELL BELOW 75 and when I remote start my car, the vents blow out COLD air, BUT the second I put my foot on the brake and push start, it will blow warm air.

What is going on?!
Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
advice.

Leave your temp setting @ 71 or 72 degrees. Let the computer do the rest. It will work out the correct fan speed and engine heat or AC compressor to reach the 71 or 72 degrees.

If its 5 degrees outside and you cold start the car, the fan may not blow at all, because the engine has to heat up. As this happens, the fan will increase. Making your temp say 80 will not heat up the car any faster then 71 or 72.

I never touch my climate controls aside from a bump a degree either way if I am cold or warm.

The only thing I change is in winter, I turn "AC off" and leave it off until around april.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
advice.

Leave your temp setting @ 71 or 72 degrees. Let the computer do the rest. It will work out the correct fan speed and engine heat or AC compressor to reach the 71 or 72 degrees.

If its 5 degrees outside and you cold start the car, the fan may not blow at all, because the engine has to heat up. As this happens, the fan will increase. Making your temp say 80 will not heat up the car any faster then 71 or 72.

I never touch my climate controls aside from a bump a degree either way if I am cold or warm.

The only thing I change is in winter, I turn "AC off" and leave it off until around april.
I understand that, and that's how most HVAC systems work, but during a cold start it was literally blowing COLD air, and the very second I put my foot on the brake and hit the start button, it started blowing hot air instantly. It wouldn't blow out hot air if the engine and hvac system wasn't warm enough.
Sponsored