Sponsored

Project Epona

cjm9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP in magnetic
So I've been a long time lurker since way back when Chazcron was rendering body panels and i decided it was time for me to provide some details on my project GT PP and and the pros and cons to my mods

this is my current list of mods:
20% tinted windows
diode dynamics interior LED conversion kit
diode dynamics reversing light LED
Eibach pro lowering springs
Powder coated my brakes yellow
I Plastidiped my emblems black and yellow dotted my 5.0
I tinted my side markers and reflectors and the corner of my headlight with a kit from anchor room
I also have the Borla S-type exhaust ordered and in transit.

Here she is, Epona (name is from a Celtic horse goddess and I'm also a huge Legend of Zelda fan)
Epona.jpg
epona2.jpg
epona3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjm9999

cjm9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK first mod feedback ... powder coated brakes. they look awesome, but are such a pain to keep clean. i will be looking into carbon ceramic brake pads to deal with the brake dust, but for now im just cleaning them regularly.

number 2... Eibach lowing springs

I love them! when i first got her way back in december, i was a bit disappointed. My previous car was an E46 M3 and i missed the way she handled. The stock GT PP was no were near my M. Now that being said, when i lowered her, WOW what a difference. i now have confidence in every turn and it is really fun to drive. At first there was no change in ride quality, but after the springs have broken in a bit, the ride is a little more rough, but nothing too terrible.

for number 3, the Diode dynamics lighting.
nothing but positive here, I love them. Easy to install (if you watch the video) and look great. Remember to unplug the trunk light before using a screwdriver to pop out the bulb. I shorted it and blew a fuse which sent me on a mission for a new micro fuse (amazon sells them)

My last review is on the Anchor Room tint kit. over all pretty good, I'm not a fan of tinted headlights and the option to tint just the corner of the headlight was pretty nice. I didnt install the whole kit because I didn't want all the lights tinted and because I didn't like the tints they gave me for the rear tail lights. They only cover the parts you can see from directly behind the car, they dont cover the inside portion of the taillight, so from a certain angle i could see the red underneath and that was enough for me to just take it off. Other than that, the rest of the kit is good.

I'll let you all know my thoughts on the Borla S-type when it arrives and its installed

OP
OP
cjm9999

cjm9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well i started out with a DIY kit you can buy online which i royally F***ed up then i found a local shop that removed my disaster and powdercoated them. i had to remove all parts and then rebuild the brakes when i got them back ... (take plenty of before removal pics) the brembos are pretty straight forward to put back together, but the rears were a bit of a pain. there are diagrams online from previous models that are close enough to help with the rears.

the final part is re installing and flushing the brake lines. Make sure you have the right brake fluid ( dont quote me but i think it was DOT3.. i dont remember, i did it in early january.) and dont get any of that stuff on your brakes because it will ruin the powdercoat. if you do get some on it by mistake DO NOT WIPE OFF... pour plenty of water over it to remove the fluid and pat dry. if you dont know how to flush brake lines, youtube is a wonderful source of knowledge.

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
well i started out with a DIY kit you can buy online which i royally F***ed up then i found a local shop that removed my disaster and powdercoated them. i had to remove all parts and then rebuild the brakes when i got them back ... (take plenty of before removal pics) the brembos are pretty straight forward to put back together, but the rears were a bit of a pain. there are diagrams online from previous models that are close enough to help with the rears.

the final part is re installing and flushing the brake lines. Make sure you have the right brake fluid ( dont quote me but i think it was DOT3.. i dont remember, i did it in early january.) and dont get any of that stuff on your brakes because it will ruin the powdercoat. if you do get some on it by mistake DO NOT WIPE OFF... pour plenty of water over it to remove the fluid and pat dry. if you dont know how to flush brake lines, youtube is a wonderful source of knowledge.
Do you mind if I asked how much you payed to get them powdered coated? Or PM me. Im looking to get the same color.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cjm9999

cjm9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Payed 400 which I know is a lot but they did remove the mess I made and did all 4 brakes. They're also one of the few places in Miami that does that.

OP
OP
cjm9999

cjm9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to name her that. it was the only name that felt right. im debating hiding a triforce somewhere on her. I hate stickers but i may make the exception for something subtle.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I think the yellow looks pretty good, can't go wrong with red on the Magnetic either. How was the "Brembo" lettering done? Did they added after the PC?

P.S.
No stickers...please.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cjm9999

cjm9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the yellow looks pretty good, can't go wrong with red on the Magnetic either. How was the "Brembo" lettering done? Did they added after the PC?

P.S.
No stickers...please.
It's vinyl decal... I was worried about it at first so I bought a bunch of extras, but it's held up very well. I couldn't figure out any other way. I considered putting a clear coat over it, but decided against it.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Car looks badass.

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
I'm not one for stickers either, but the triforce would really be fitting.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
It's vinyl decal... I was worried about it at first so I bought a bunch of extras, but it's held up very well. I couldn't figure out any other way. I considered putting a clear coat over it, but decided against it.
OK, I didn't mean the Brembo sticker, that's something I would do, looks good. I guess I was referring to Horse Stickers, if that's what you were considering.

The Dude Abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP Magnetic
What color Plastidip did you go with?
Did you gloss it? It doesn't look like???

One magnificent Magnetic!
Sponsored