The big Intercooler thread.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
So.. I'm now looking to get an FMIC, I like the idea of getting a bigger core like the ETS but everyone keeps recommending the CPE and MAP smaller intercoolers.. I honestly don't know what to get..

The ETS seems ideal but is priced the same as the smaller IC's which leads me to think it's too good to be true and must have some drawbacks Lol, that may just be the skeptic in me. In any case, I'm looking to spend $500-$600, no tune, currently leaning CPE but I really like the larger IC's..
I've seen more recommendations for the Levels intercooler than any other on this site. The Levels and ETS are virtually identical in size and price. I went ETS because they were in stock ready to ship. No regrets with my choice at all. I get max boost of 20.3 PSI right now. I never measure it before the change unfortunately, so I can't tell you what the pressure drop is. But the car feels more powerful now, especially when revving out past 5k. And the power is always there on tap with absolutely no heat soak. Took a two and half hour drive over the mountain to south Lake Tahoe a week ago, and it performed flawlessly.
Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Thanks for the feedback guys.. I'm liking the idea of a larger core more and more Lol.. it's hot as balls where I live.

The levels could be a candidate too, I don't particularly like how it mounts tho, don't see why they had to tap the hood latch. I'm leaning ETS or CPE.

For the more experienced guys out there, is power loss due to pressure drop a serious concern with the ETS?.. I mean the most boost I've seen from my car is right around 22.5 but that's for a fraction of a second, it typically runs between 18-20psi.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Thanks for the feedback guys.. I'm liking the idea of a larger core more and more Lol.. it's hot as balls where I live.

The levels could be a candidate too, I don't particularly like how it mounts tho, don't see why they had to tap the hood latch. I'm leaning ETS or CPE.

For the more experienced guys out there, is power loss due to pressure drop a serious concern with the ETS?.. I mean the most boost I've seen from my car is right around 22.5 but that's for a fraction of a second, it typically runs between 18-20psi.
I'm sure it would be fine. I got the CP-e because I'm not a racecar, I don't need something that big.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I love my ETS. I noticed a nice increase up top in 3rd and 4th gear with it installed. Boost gauge still hits 20 psi or so. I posted a pic a little further back in this thread. Make sure you select the free t-shirt when you order lol

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
If you go w/a stock-sized core, you'll regret it later when you want to turn up the power. You'll have a less-than-desirable used item to resell and you'll have to spend the retail money again on the bigger (right) intercooler.

Ask me how I know....

I went with Levels for many reasons. First being he's a small business owner, like me. Second, he's a local business owner (only a few hours away), and I enjoy supporting small business owners, especially in my home state. Third, it's a freaking BEAST for performance; I picked up 4/10ths in the 1/8th mile from just swapping back to a factory intake (from a JLT) and adding the Race Core from Levels.

There is a promo code for 10% discount from www.LevelsPerformance.com right now, too. Use the code SAVE$ to get a 10% discount at checkout!

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone for all the input, I appreciate it.

I think for sure it would be better to get a larger core for my circumstance..

Now to decide between ETS and Levels.. Both look promising, I really don't like how the Levels mounts tho but I can't find anything at all (youtube wise) on the ETS intercooler. How about a forum discount code from ETS? :D

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone for all the input, I appreciate it.

I think for sure it would be better to get a larger core for my circumstance..

Now to decide between ETS and Levels.. Both look promising, I really don't like how the Levels mounts tho but I can't find anything at all (youtube wise) on the ETS intercooler. How about a forum discount code from ETS? :D
What don't you like about how the Levels mounts?
20160731_124003.jpg
20160815_144321.jpg

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The main thing I don't like about the levels is the fact that the top attaches to the hood latch.. beyond that, it seems to be even taller than the ETS.

I think I'm gonna go ETS. Pricing both units out, the Levels is $565 shipped with the promo code and the ETS is $532 shipped with a promo code...

If anyone else has anything further to say I'd love to hear it Lol..

Man, things get expensive quick.. new tires, fmic, 6 month premium and I want to add the FP strut brace Lol.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's a non issue for me. Had the bracketry painted black upon install; nobody ever sees it (including me). I know nothing about ETS, so can't help there, sorry.

As for things getting expensive...... Try a built motor, halfshafts, 1pc driveshaft, bigs & littles, full BMR suspension, full e85, and a big turbo! FML. It's a wonder I'm still married, lmao.

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well.. expensive for me, Lol.

I didn't plan on doing anymore mods.. but the heatsoak struggle is real and summer's coming.. :D

Maybe I'll get the modular intake tube as well..

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
The main thing I don't like about the levels is the fact that the top attaches to the hood latch.. beyond that, it seems to be even taller than the ETS.

I think I'm gonna go ETS. Pricing both units out, the Levels is $565 shipped with the promo code and the ETS is $532 shipped with a promo code...

If anyone else has anything further to say I'd love to hear it Lol..

Man, things get expensive quick.. new tires, fmic, 6 month premium and I want to add the FP strut brace Lol.
The Levels and ETS are both 20x14x3.5. As I said before they are virtually identical. Levels does offer a race option that is 20x17x3.5 and costs $90 more.

And yeah things get expensive quick. I've spent $3000 already on tires, wheels, and fmic =/

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Levels and ETS are both 20x14x3.5. As I said before they are virtually identical. Levels does offer a race option that is 20x17x3.5 and costs $90 more.

And yeah things get expensive quick. I've spent $3000 already on tires, wheels, and fmic =/
I have the Race Option. :headbang:

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well.. expensive for me, Lol.

I didn't plan on doing anymore mods.. but the heatsoak struggle is real and summer's coming.. :D

Maybe I'll get the modular intake tube as well..
Yeah man, living in FL, I had no other choice than to upgrade to the larger core. I drag race frequently, street race from time-to-time, and was having enormous issues keeping the CAT's down between runs.

The modular intakes aren't worth their cost until you go to a big turbo on these cars. But let's leave that talk for another thread, specifically about CAI's :cheers:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I received my cp-e DeltaCore intercooler a couple of days ago and I had it installed yesterday. I have to say, it's of great quality, a very nice US made piece of equipment!

When received (unpacked):

picture.jpg

Before the installation:

picture.jpg

After the installation:

picture.jpg

I really like the way it looks when installed! Will follow up with some graphs on charge air temperatures that I already have prepared. I saw significant reduction in CAT (almost 40 F), while preparing datalogs for Adam.
Sponsored