Sponsored

Custom/Home-made EB Exhaust sound clips

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
https://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-12298-MagnaFlow-Exhaust-Muffler/dp/B000COVATE

I would thing that would fit with a little custom work. Shouldn't be too hard for a skilled muffler shop. Only thing is would probably sit a little lower to the ground so be careful on steep driveways. I've skidded my resonator 3 times. Makes my teeth cringe. But if it helps sound eff it I say.
Yeah that was the one I was looking at, I may use a different brand too if I could find one that fits better. The exhaust shop I go to is really good at custom work so I may just take it there and have them put it up in the air and see what they think would fit good.

Wednesday should be sort of dry, so I may put it on real quick after work. I only took one sides muffler off to get it off the car so it would only take 15-20 minutes total to do the swap. One thing that is really nice about these cars is how easy the exhaust is to take off.
Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Yeah that was the one I was looking at, I may use a different brand too if I could find one that fits better. The exhaust shop I go to is really good at custom work so I may just take it there and have them put it up in the air and see what they think would fit good.

Wednesday should be sort of dry, so I may put it on real quick after work. I only took one sides muffler off to get it off the car so it would only take 15-20 minutes total to do the swap. One thing that is really nice about these cars is how easy the exhaust is to take off.
Well I'm excited! I hope you can real soon because I'm currently talking to fftec about buying the exhaust they used on their 11 sec car.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-12298-MagnaFlow-Exhaust-Muffler/dp/B000COVATE

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ignore that Amazon link.
[ame]

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's Wednesday ForYourOwnGood! I'm hopeful the exhaust plan is a go :)

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Well, I had to spend my time this morning swapping my wheels back to the old ones so we can have another 12 inches of snow. Its going to be at least 2 weeks before I can get a muffler anyways so I'm in no rush.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Good news, I had time and a dry driveway this morning so while I had the car up to swap (back) to the winter tires I pulled the exhaust and put the MBRP back on. I left the thing all bolted together so it took only 15 minutes to do, no alignment necessary.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good news, I had time and a dry driveway this morning so while I had the car up to swap (back) to the winter tires I pulled the exhaust and put the MBRP back on. I left the thing all bolted together so it took only 15 minutes to do, no alignment necessary.
Yes! I'm so anxious

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Yes! I'm so anxious
So I'm looking at various mufflers to fit in there, I have to get the tape measure and check the straight section but I think I can fit a couple different brand "x-pipe" mufflers on the dual pipes after the Y. I wonder what that would do.

I know that gibson exhaust for this car that has the x pipe in it sounds quite good, maybe I'll give it a try.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I'm looking at various mufflers to fit in there, I have to get the tape measure and check the straight section but I think I can fit a couple different brand "x-pipe" mufflers on the dual pipes after the Y. I wonder what that would do.

I know that gibson exhaust for this car that has the x pipe in it sounds quite good, maybe I'll give it a try.
I've wondered that as well. Only one way to find out!

On a side note I saw some v6 exhaust vids. GD they sound mean.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I've wondered that as well. Only one way to find out!

On a side note I saw some v6 exhaust vids. GD they sound mean.
Yeah, the EB just has a bland exhaust tone. The headifold and twin scroll really kill any nice sounds it could make.

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah, the EB just has a bland exhaust tone. The headifold and twin scroll really kill any nice sounds it could make.
https://www.maperformance.com/produ...bm-efr-ip-tk?gclid=CJeJw9fN_9ICFcRhfgode6EPew

Check that custom tubing out. Idk a whole lot but wouldn't that help the tone out? Works with their ported head. Possible it could make some more aggressive sounds

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What exhaust is this?
The exhaust fftec uses. It's a custom one they made. I'm a big fan and if the exhaust is t as desirable after ForYourOwnGood does his custom and possibly I try something too, I'm probably gonna grab that.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost

The gibson system is the only catback that I think sounds good on the EB, and maybe the solo single side.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
The gibson system is the only catback that I think sounds good on the EB, and maybe the solo single side.
Yeah, Gibson makes a 2-in 2-out muffler that has an internal X that seems like it will fit in the dual pipes on the MBRP. I'm considering getting that and maybe then replacing the MBRP mufflers with vibrant resonators.

I forgot how godawful loud this exhaust is, and the vibrations could probably be measured on nearby seismometers. It feels like riding around in a massage chair on the vibrate setting. Whatever I do, it'll have to be quick because I can't stand this for very long.
Sponsored