jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
So are these newer kits now revised?
I don't think so, sounds like some places were just temporarily out of stock unfortunately.
Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I don't think so, sounds like some places were just temporarily out of stock unfortunately.
Yep you're right no revisions I just installed mine and installing the tune as we speak.

ECOTOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Metallic Premium Ecoboost
I'm new here but I thought I'd point out that I had the FRPP kit installed about two weeks ago. Since then, on the 21st, Ford Performance update the ProCal3 software which includes an update tune that smooth's out the RPM's at 4K. It also seems to pull harder and shift harder overall. Hope that helps.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I'm new here but I thought I'd point out that I had the FRPP kit installed about two weeks ago. Since then, on the 21st, Ford Performance update the ProCal3 software which includes an update tune that smooth's out the RPM's at 4K. It also seems to pull harder and shift harder overall. Hope that helps.
Interesting. And you had the previous version of the tune before this update? How did you find out about the update?

ECOTOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. The first version I had was 1.92 and the latest is 1.992. I found out about it through a mustang group on Facebook. I went ahead and called FRPP about it and the tech verified that the update takes care of a what is essentially a dip or flat spot at 4k RPM.

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Yes. The first version I had was 1.92 and the latest is 1.992. I found out about it through a mustang group on Facebook. I went ahead and called FRPP about it and the tech verified that the update takes care of a what is essentially a dip or flat spot at 4k RPM.
Sweet thanks for the info. And you actually notice the claimed improvements?

ECOTOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem. I did notice the difference right off the bat and once the newer tune was learned it got even better. I'm very pleased with it.
I will say that I had problems loading it due to a faulty charger. They aren't kidding when they say have a good one on hand!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
That is awesome news, thanks for sharing here! I hadn't even thought to go back and check for updates and had noticed that flat spot.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I'm on 1.992 as well and noticed 3rd gear bogs with WOT after 4k rpm. Boost is decent with half throttle from 2-4k rpm otherwise. I have a stick not sure if it matters. Anyhow I went ahead and changed both the settings to relearn octane and to make fuel adjust even tho I strictly use 93 since buying the car.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Oh crap, you're on 1.992 now and you still notice that flat spot in 3rd at 4k? That's when I notice it most. It's not really bad and I wouldn't say it bogs but can definitely feel a flat spot. I'm sure it's there in the other gears as well but you go by it so quick I don't feel it.

Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Oh crap, you're on 1.992 now and you still notice that flat spot in 3rd at 4k? That's when I notice it most. It's not really bad and I wouldn't say it bogs but can definitely feel a flat spot. I'm sure it's there in the other gears as well but you go by it so quick I don't feel it.
Yep, it's in every gear. 2-4k feels great smooth power but after 4k it falls on it's face. I'm going to give the computer time to adjust since I enabled it and wait a few hundreds miles to see if it starts pulling all the way to 6k.

If it doesn't get better I may call and talk to someone from Ford Performance and see if this is normal or not. I forgot to check boost when I did a few pulls so I'll check tomorrow because after 4k it feels like boost is gone or like you guys said that flat feeling.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Got mine in today. No revision to the intake. The instructions still require the cut.
Thanks for letting us know. I sure wish it was different news.

ECOTOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The CAI is still crap as far as fitment goes in my opinion. My intake air temps have been at least 10 degrees higher since install. The tune though, Wow! It is such an improvement over the last one. With the first tune it was like a dead space at 4k, then a down shift before you got boost, I don't know how else to explain it. Now it is a solid pull from the get go until you let off. I didn't opt for the octane adjustment or whatever the setting is. It took about 30 miles to adjust and I hammered the crap out of it. If I can figure out how to post pics or video I'd be happy to post some. I'd also like to note that it took me three program flashes before it even took. I still chalk that up to a bad battery charger on my part

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Wait wait wait. Hold the fucking phone. Ford updates this tune? I'll have to see if there is a newer version for mine as well.
Sponsored